Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Boomaker.eu Poker Room?

Just found out I can't renew my pro status with The Greek so am trying to pick a new sponsor book.

Bookmaker has a promo on for a 175% bonus on poker deposits.

"Your 175% First Time Deposit Bonus will be paid out in increments of $1 for every 500 Frequent Player Points Earned. Players receive one Frequent Player Point for every $0.01 of rake generated."

Trying to decide if that is a good enough offer to sway me to BM over other choices.

Any opinions on the offer and the poker room in general appreciated.

*This will be my first time playing for cash online, so I know nothing about the way things work.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

I wouldn't join Bookmaker for their pokerroom..the bonus takes a long time to release as well

Optional

Thanks Jake. Was wondering how long it would take to generate 137500 player points.

JAKEPEAVY21

a long time depending on the stakes that you play..there are much better poker rooms out there for Aussies. Americans don't have nearly as many options.

Optional

Need some more advice. Hopefully from someone who plays at Bookmaker. (been on live chat more in the last 3 days than with all books combined over last 2 years and haven't got a straight answer to this one. So hoping someone here can clear it up for me)

Is there any disadvantage in me transferring my full balance to poker the first time to get the maximum bonus there. Then transferring most of it back to the book the next day?

I figure if I do that and don't play much poker here it's no loss anyway. And if I end up playing more than I expect I'll have close to $1000 to come in $1 increments over time.

Is that how others understand this bonus to work?

edit: terms of bonus are here: http://www.bookmaker.eu/betting-promotions.aspx
    Last edited by Optional; 12-16-11 at 02:46 AM.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Need some more advice. Hopefully from someone who plays at Bookmaker. (been on live chat more in the last 3 days than with all books combined over last 2 years and haven't got a straight answer to this one. So hoping someone here can clear it up for me)

Is there any disadvantage in me transferring my full balance to poker the first time to get the maximum bonus there. Then transferring most of it back to the book the next day?

I figure if I do that and don't play much poker here it's no loss anyway. And if I end up playing more than I expect I'll have close to $1000 to come in $1 increments over time.

Is that how others understand this bonus to work?

edit: terms of bonus are here: http://www.bookmaker.eu/betting-promotions.aspx
    Hey Opt... don't play at BM but wanted to see if I could help at all.

After quickly reading their _Terms and Conditions_, the real important piece of info that I see is this:

Poker bonus expires after 30 days and must be requested before February 1st, 2012 at 11:59pm ET.

I interpret this to mean you can do exactly as you wish (transferring full balance, then back to book) BUT, from the time you do it... you're on the clock and only have 30 days to collect as much of the bonus as you can ( $1 for every 500FPP in that 30 day time-frame).

You won't be able to collect the 1,000 "over time".

Time-frames for bonuses were standard at FT/Stars....

(And remember to put in promo code if ya end up doing it.)

Optional

Thanks Biteme. I re-read it again after making the post and figured the same thing. Also relaized I am not going to turn over enough money to get much of any bonus so will just go with 150 to try it out I think.

SBR is the only other online poker room I've ever downloaded so this one is a bit overwhelming at first with all the options.

Was thinking I should stick to tourneys and sitngo games to start with. Is that safer for a newbie whilst I get a feel for the place do you think? Any situations I should avoid? Can I survive without using the player tracking software?

Also do you know if there is any particular tourney they run I should make sure I catch each day/week?

JAKEPEAVY21

I think playing sit and gos and small tournies are your best bet while you get comfortable there

Optional

oh no... does this post mean you missed a cash?

JAKEPEAVY21

still in, 11 left..let's play a tourney or sng on bookmaker, are you game?
    Last edited by JAKEPEAVY21; 12-16-11 at 10:10 AM.

Optional

keep it rollin

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

if not there, where else would u deposit?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    still in, 11 left..let's play a tourney or sng on bookmaker, are you game?
    Yeah ok. If I can work out how to find you

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    if not there, where else would u deposit?
    5Dimes would be first preference of sponsor books. But already there. Chose Bookmaker mainly because of the new account cash in the sbr store.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

5dimes uses the same poker network. Might as well get the deposit with Bookmaker..if you hadnt deposited with 5dimes youd need to decide if the reduced juice is more important than the poker bonus, but that doesnt matter since you did deposit.

Dont worry about poker software because 1. you will not find enough open games that you cant keep up with how players are 2. small amount of people, you can keep track of them with notes

Optional

Thanks Rudy. That sounds good for me. May as well stop acting like a pussy and jump in now.