yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Yes, it's the 8 and 10 PM ones that fill up immediately.

Earlier ones take time to fill.

A good portion of the poker players probably work and can't play during the day. By the time I get home, the 8 PM is already full, making the 10 PM the only option.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    if they dont want to add more tourneys.let the tourneys add a few more players...same payout but just more players
    You got your wish, good job

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR point tournies now 55 entrants?

When did this start? Payouts still the same.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

The 8 and 10PM ET games are the ones that fill up super fast, it would be cool of SBR to make them 60 person tourneys and change the payouts accordingly.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks a lot tubbs now I have to beat an extra 10 people every tourney.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    10 more seats are being added so 50 more seats a day. Let's see how that goes.
    Why not just create another 45 player tournament? Now you're changing the rules in the middle of the game.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder what the % of non-pros is in these daily tournies

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

How about a 3 pm tourney? From 1 to 5 is such a long gap. There should be a tourney in between there.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

How about keeping the 45 player tables (which were ideal) and just making the 10PM unlimited seats? Basically turn the 10PM tourney into a leftover "last call" kind of tournament for the folks who missed or were late registering for the happy hour tournaments.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    ? explain, your points probaly under bonus
    No i think they had me confused with someone else, it happend to me before but I proved it was me! I should be back on the tables tonight!!! I wish i got off work early enough to play the tourny's but i dont get home till late

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Don't like these new 55 player tables. Too long! Just played for/wasted an hour and 15 minutes, and didn't even place in the money. The final table was almost always set in under an hour before.
    Last edited by 70kgman; 12-01-11 at 01:26 PM.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

This format ends in 2 weeks. I don't think adding 10 seats is a material change.

ProfaneReality

John, any idea what % of these tournies are non pro entries ?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel, and sportsfanatic

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    John, any idea what % of these tournies are non pro entries ?
    Good question. Let me check if we track that and I'll let you know.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Each day is different. Yesterday out of 225 that played there were 29 non-Pros.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

i get things done around here

yisman

You make things worse.

ttwarrior1

DrStale

So now the tourneys will be open an extra 5 minutes, which doesn't really help anyone who can't register until shortly before a tournament, and tourneys just became more difficult to cash in. Is anyone besides oatmeal brain really in favor of this idea?

ttwarrior1

5 min? lmao, bad idea there really

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    So now the tourneys will be open an extra 5 minutes, which doesn't really help anyone who can't register until shortly before a tournament, and tourneys just became more difficult to cash in. Is anyone besides oatmeal brain really in favor of this idea?
    I would direct all credit for this idea towards the OP

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I would direct all credit for this idea towards the OP
    Oatmeal brain wants all credit for the changes, everyone.

ProfaneReality

this ranks up there with the guys who complained about trivia being once a week when it was 50-125-250
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    this ranks up there with the guys who complained about trivia being once a week when it was 50-125-250
    It's like the late tournament is a smaller version of when I used to try to get into FullTilt freerolls a couple of years ago. I had to make an effort to be logged in on time just to get a shot at playing when I knew all the US guys would be on. I think it's really cool that John was willing to try this out but I think his initial idea was the right one. The reality is that there's a budget for how many points the forum gives out in contests and tournaments so adding another tournament each night probably isn't feasible and expanding the number of people allowed in one tournament is just going to piss off the people trying to move up the ladder in that # of cashes race. I personally don't think it's fair to add more entrants to a tournament when there's that contest going on as the playing fields aren't level any more. If people want to play, they should just make a point to be online at that time. It's not like the times change every night.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Richta Bean, and DrStale

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

That's it...

Free Willy Sampras has to pay for this one...

Usually I don't mind this fukk...

But now he is messing with our bottom line...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yisman

ttwarrior1

Anyone want to make a bet, sbr will take my next suggestion as well and it would take effect in less then 48 hours?

shari91

Anyone want to make a bet, sbr will take my next suggestion as well and it would take effect in less then 48 hours?
    I'm becoming convinced your brain is partially composed of mouldy cheese. But yeah, let's make a bet. We'll also make a bet on how many posters you apparently got banned. Set the terms please and if I don't respond in here soon, PM me. kthx

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

wow....you really know this place is going down the shitter when they actually listen to fatboy's suggestions

ttwarrior1

me getting someone banned or me the cause is the same thing. of course it wasn't me that actually did the banning. It's not like i write it all down on a piece of paper for future reference. If nobody else made this post shari, sbr poker would of been the same as before. That is a fact. It got changed because of my pm's and posts.

How nice of you to say that my brain is partly composed of mouldy cheese. I guess your not the person i thought and now i know why jj doesn't want you anymore even if you don't want him.

My suggestion might not be necessarily my idea or even something sbr has been considering but a post or thread by me makes sbr take action. Yes me clicking the red triangle and pm's to sbr john has gotten people banned even if for 1 day. I can't say who for security reasons.

3.5 %

yisman

Security reasons.

But hey, at least he knows how to click "the red triangle".

How nice of you to say that my brain is partly composed of mouldy cheese.
    I guess your not the person i thought and now i know why jj doesn't want you anymore even if you don't want him.
    shari was being pretty generous.

ttwarrior1

[quote=boeing power;12590943]wow....you really know this place is going down the shitter when they actually listen to fatboy's suggestions[/quote

boeing I even got carbon poker to change around a few tourneys after just 1 email from me

Be prepared for omaha and permanent sng's and new qualifiers very soon

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

[quote=ttwarrior1;12590973]
    Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    wow....you really know this place is going down the shitter when they actually listen to fatboy's suggestions[/quote

boeing I even got carbon poker to change around a few tourneys after just 1 email from me

Be prepared for omaha and permanent sng's and new qualifiers very soon

you could spend that time looking for a job and contributing to society

shari91

tt - I have watched you tell people that you've been the reason why guys were banned. False. But I didn't burst your bubble. You do realise that if no one else had come in here and said they couldn't get in the late tourney, that John wouldn't have entertained the idea? And that he quickly decided that expanding the # of players allowed in wasn't a good idea? So... unless you're going to pony up your points to post the prizes for an additional tournament each night or you can come up with a good explanation to give the guys on the cashes ladder why they should have to beat an extra 10 people to win, then you should probably slip away quietly from this thread because your revolutionary idea was a bust within 10 minutes.

John is a cool guy that is willing to try to make everyone happy within reason - especially when it comes to an aspect of the site that is still relatively new. You never know unless you try so regardless of who started this thread, he would've trialled it. But you continue thinking that it's because the legendary ttwarrior1 made the thread if that makes you feel better.

DrStale

The next tourney has had open registration for an hour now and there would still be 12 spots left if it were left the way it used to be. How much time do you need? Does it take you an hour to find a way to wrap your sausage fingers around the mouse or something? Just because SBR listens to your dumbass suggestions doesn't mean you should make them.
    Points Awarded:

boeing power gave DrStale 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

With great ideas like this you're going to make a hell of a politician TT...

First 123 Last