NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

// Where do you do your capping? Does your partner/wife know? \\

Warning: This is a long post, but worth a read to serious cappers and potential future pro cappers.

The woman I dated before my wife I was very honest with about being a pro gambler. I told her a few weeks after we dated and since I obviously had money to take her out, live in a decent condo, buy her $hit, take vacations, etc.. it was never a problem. Then I hit a patch of variance and all bets were off (pun intended). I should have never been honest with telling her about my losses when she probed. It's not like I went busto, I just told her I was down 10K in a few weeks and she freaked out. Needless to say she told her parents, and they started calling me and recommending gamblers anon, etc... and to find a "real" job. Eventually she gave me an ultimatum. I walked.

Now when I met my wife a few years ago, I lied. I told her I was an online day trader and short term investor. She's very old school, not very noisy. I make my "work" sound very boring so she never asks. Anyways I used to work from home in a small office i set up specifically for sports. Lots of bookshelves and cabinets with books, stats, records, etc... computer with multiple screens, television, a few Gretzky posters, Leafs, etc.....but I knew once we got married and moved in together I could not hide it, so I rented a small office space in a commercial/industrial area that's very cheap to do all my capping.

When I sold my condo and bought the house I told her I wanted to rent the small office because working from home with her home would cause too many distractions. She runs a small business from home as well. Anyways the office I rent I share it with a few other guys. We share a secretary, boardroom, washroom, and kitchen. We just have separate office spaces. I pay about $600 a month for it, and it is worth it, but I find myself more and more just being a bit lazy and not going in everyday. She is starting to ask why I am not going to work as often, I just told her it's a slow period.

I pay for everything so she doesn't probe too much, like I said she is very old school. She makes a little money, but she is all about starting a family. She cooks, cleans, etc... and never complains. I am very lucky. She's from Europe too. If you ever want a good wife/potential mother, stay away from North American "I want to be an actress I deserve everything" girls.

So my dilemma is if I should just try to work from home and hide it. No posters, records locked up, fake trader and investing books i'll never read left out, fake stock reports etc... but how do i justify all the sports games on when she walks in the office to bring me coffee, or grab something for her business? She will find out eventually prob, so I could just be partially honest and say I am going to try sports betting now, and give it a shot. That could work. I will NEVER tell her I've always been doing this as it will create doubt about other things. Don't give me crap about honesty is the best policy, sometimes you gotta lie.

So anyways, here is my questions...

1. Where do you do your capping?
    2. Does your partner/gf know for guys that live alone?
    3. Does your partner/gf know for guys that live WITH their partner/gf?
    4. Do you lie about it to your partner/wife? If so, what do you tell them?

Thanks for the input. I am going to think about it for a while. Right now, I am in the office, going to work here all week, every week for the next month to squash any suspicion, but for now, I have to really wonder if I can do this forever... Thanks again

NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

mod delete this, i re posted to players talk