lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

What's your SBR Poker rating?

To know open SBR Poker, click on "Tools" on the top left hand corner and click on "Show Statistics"...

Just curious to see how SBR grades all of us... I know for a fact almasters nookx bgbootha and some other headsup pros gotta have atleast 2250 lol SBR gave me 2143... what about you?

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Kind of a wild player....that must hurt my rating?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post

Kind of a wild player....that must hurt my rating?

NO offense but 1431 is probably fairly accurate. You occasionally run up in tourneys but you will never have any sort of sustained success in ring game.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

bipolar
    bipolar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

2020.. not sure what that means, ive been getting murdered at 2-4 and 5-10 lately...

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

What does 2247 mean? I dont play that often though

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    NO offense but 1431 is probably fairly accurate. You occasionally run up in tourneys but you will never have any sort of sustained success in ring game.
    Tournaments don't count in the rating. So that's why his score isn't up big or anything if he does have good run in tournaments. It's no factor.

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    What does 2247 mean? I dont play that often though
    The higher the score the better.

supermanN1
    supermanN1's Avatar Become A Pro!

he

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Quote Originally Posted by supermanN1 View Post
    he
    First day at SBR and nails SBR Trivia.

Ghost much?

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

You know why this is stupid right?

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

1400 baby.

Anyone wanna play for $$. I am just a little guppy.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I don't have a number, just a goldfish bowl with a fish in it.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

so cool....

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a huge fish . 1473 atm. But I know why, I like to see flops at ring games & I play too many hands. I noticed my rating creeped up not based upon how much I won but by how much I didn't played my hands. I also blame the fact up until this last week I did not have a PC or internet at home so I did not log much time on poker.

Ok ok I'm a huge donkey everyone knows how much I suck at poker. There the truth set me free.
    Last edited by borednaz; 10-14-11 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also noted for honesty I shove all in a lot which probably doesn't help lol. But it is a hell of a lot more fun.

mrmarket
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    Also noted for honesty I shove all in a lot which probably doesn't help lol. But it is a hell of a lot more fun.
    Just play the way you want. The ratings are meaningless.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    Agreed. Cant belive some people take sbr poker so seriously lol the highest table is 0.01/0.05. Who gives a shit what your ranked your playing for pennies

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

You know why this is stupid right?

Im just messing with Carseller a little so why is this stupid?

mrmarket
    Update your status

Im just messing with Carseller a little so why is this stupid?
    If you're just joking around with him it's fine and my apologies if this is the case. I've just played with too many table captains live and it annoys me to no end to this day.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

If you're just joking around with him it's fine and my apologies if this is the case. I've just played with too many table captains live and it annoys me to no end to this day.

Nope, just giving him crap in jest. I actually could care less how good/bad someone is at this game.

deadphish
    deadphish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25687

1677 for me. only been playing here for a week...so doesnt really reflect much

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    First day at SBR and nails SBR Trivia.

Ghost much?
    Well picked Carseller.

This supermanN1 is definitely a knob.
    Last edited by Optional; 11-24-11 at 06:29 AM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Seems to change very quickly. Was at 1400 then 2298.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe you are correct. I read this thread yesterday, and later played for a couple of hours. Lost 300 points after getting outdrawn consistently. I realize I am no poker genius. But I am better than average. I will get a bye for being in the top 50 in Decembers number of cashes tourney. I made some bad plays, but more good ones. Most of the losses can be attributed to two hands where my pocket aces got outdrawn after I got my chips in with by far the best. I know I am being rather subjective here, but I believe any unbiased observer would concede that I played fairly well and made mostly good decisions. I checked my rating again after this session and it dropped about 50 points. So I have come to the conclusion that these ratings are result driven. If you sit down and get your chips in with the best and get outdrawn, your rating will drop while your opponent gets rewarded for making bad decisions but getting lucky. Well, I suppose that it is a lot more difficult for a programmer to generate these ratings based upon whether the player is making good poker decisions rather than getting lucky after making bad decisions. And, of course, the theory is that luck will even out after enough hands have been played. But I can assure you that I have gotten outdrawn many, many more times than I have outdrawn someone, but this is true for any decent player, since good players don't get themselves into the position of having to outdraw often. However, even tho I agree that these ratings are meaningless, I suppose over the long run result driven ratings should closely parallel decision based ratings. Although, I think the result driven ones will be a little worse for better players because the better players actually lose a little more due to bad luck than bad players ( since better players are seldom in the position of needing luck but often in the position of hoping for no bad luck). Sorry for the rant!

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    I believe you are correct. I read this thread yesterday, and later played for a couple of hours. Lost 300 points after getting outdrawn consistently. I realize I am no poker genius. But I am better than average. I will get a bye for being in the top 50 in Decembers number of cashes tourney. I made some bad plays, but more good ones. Most of the losses can be attributed to two hands where my pocket aces got outdrawn after I got my chips in with by far the best. I know I am being rather subjective here, but I believe any unbiased observer would concede that I played fairly well and made mostly good decisions. I checked my rating again after this session and it dropped about 50 points. So I have come to the conclusion that these ratings are result driven. If you sit down and get your chips in with the best and get outdrawn, your rating will drop while your opponent gets rewarded for making bad decisions but getting lucky. Well, I suppose that it is a lot more difficult for a programmer to generate these ratings based upon whether the player is making good poker decisions rather than getting lucky after making bad decisions. And, of course, the theory is that luck will even out after enough hands have been played. But I can assure you that I have gotten outdrawn many, many more times than I have outdrawn someone, but this is true for any decent player, since good players don't get themselves into the position of having to outdraw often. However, even tho I agree that these ratings are meaningless, I suppose over the long run result driven ratings should closely parallel decision based ratings. Although, I think the result driven ones will be a little worse for better players because the better players actually lose a little more due to bad luck than bad players ( since better players are seldom in the position of needing luck but often in the position of hoping for no bad luck). Sorry for the rant!
    Well, now this is sorta interesting. I have not played in the ring games since the above post where I thought I played fairly well, but got outdrawn too often and lost 300 points resulting in about a 50 point decline in my rating. Then I enter Sunday's tourney and in the second hand some glitch appears where at showdown my opponents hand does not show while the pot got split. My opponent said he had a pair of kings, while I had a pair of aces. And rebuys and add ons were on the table. I did not like what was happening, and started to call with hands I would normally fold because I really didn't mind if I was shown the door. Of course, I hit draws that really shouldn't have been drawn to in a couple of big pots and all of a sudden, with a big chip stack the tourney became a lot more interesting for me and I began to play a little more conservatively until the we were down to the last two. On the final hand, I made another really bad call but again outdrew the better hand. I just now checked my rating, and it went up 500 points. I think this pretty much shows these ratings are result only driven. Play well but lose, and rating goes down. Play poorly but win and rating goes up.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Branch, that's been established. It goes by pots won and the players you face.

If you play very poorly but happen to get lucky and win pots anyway, your rating will increase.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Seems to change very quickly. Was at 1400 then 2298.
    Weird. Do you have a lot of history playing, or do you play cash games very rarely?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Weird. Do you have a lot of history playing, or do you play cash games very rarely?
    I only play when I have a rollover but that's quite often.

More of an indication of running bad and good....

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks like they reset em

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I'm still a 1404