mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do non-pro entry fees go to ending tournament prize pools?

Do non pro entry fees go to the ending tournament prize pool? If not why don't they? Non pros are deluding the prize pools for SBR pros if that's the case. I have nothing against everyone playing but it shouldn't be at the expense of others.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

think of it like a guaranteed tournament... no way the non-pros ever build the entries up to cover the amount sbr is giving us for free.. so no its not gonna add to the prize pool.

-stash

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Don't think of them as freerolls. Think of it as an entry fee for everyone, but SBR gives pros the courtesy of having their fees covered.

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

what a greedy question

mrmarket
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lolguy999 View Post
    what a greedy question
    Quite sorry sir I will try to post something altruistic in the future.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    Quite sorry sir I will try to post something altruistic in the future.
    LOL, I thought it was a valid question and reasonable point. Secretstash's and Yisman's posts are probably the best way to look at this but either way, it would be cool if SBR used the non-pro buyins to augment the price pool!

Just my thoughts.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Do non pro entry fees go to the ending tournament prize pool? If not why don't they? Non pros are deluding the prize pools for SBR pros if that's the case. I have nothing against everyone playing but it shouldn't be at the expense of others.

I know you're smarter then this......Think about it for a moment.....if the prizes are set before the tourney begins,and we can say with 100% certainty that SBR does not know how many non pros will be in the event BEFORE it starts, then it must be that the non pro entry fee gets swallowed by SBR and is not part of the pot.

How is it an expense to the Pros? you play for free and i got to send a fee to SBR.

Membership has it's privileges this is one of them,or is it just that you feel the non pros hitting the money are taking away money that rightfully belongs to the pros.

delude
    verb /diˈlo͞od/ 

1. Impose a misleading belief upon (someone); deceive; fool
      • - too many theorists have deluded the public
      • - the poor deluded creature

I think you may of gotten deluded mixed up with another word

As a non pro i can only try to delude you during the game i cannot delude prize pools.

mrmarket
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    I know you're smarter then this......Think about it for a moment.....if the prizes are set before the tourney begins,and we can say with 100% certainty that SBR does not know how many non pros will be in the event BEFORE it starts, then it must be that the non pro entry fee gets swallowed by SBR and is not part of the pot.

How is it an expense to the Pros? you play for free and i got to send a fee to SBR.

Membership has it's privileges this is one of them,or is it just that you feel the non pros hitting the money are taking away money that rightfully belongs to the pros.

delude <table style="BORDER-SPACING: 0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="60%">verb /diˈlo͞od/ 

1. Impose a misleading belief upon (someone); deceive; fool
      • - too many theorists have deluded the public
      • - the poor deluded creature

I think you may of gotten deluded mixed up with another word

As a non pro i can only try to delude you during the game i cannot delude prize pools. </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Dear Al sadly it seems I am not very smart and for this I apologize profusely. But perhaps the original question was broached in such a way as to be tactful to a certain group. Although I think you misconstrued it as an attack against non pros which it was not.

Anyway for the sake of poor old mrmarket let us follow the logical progression of the arguments:

1) Under the system as it is the non pro points go to SBR.
    2) Under the proposed system where do the non pro points go? If 3 groups of people are involved in these tournaments which 2 stand to benefit from the change?

And quite right on the misuse of the word deluded. I actually meant diluted. I'm ever so embarrassed! How ever will I go on?

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Don't think of them as freerolls. Think of it as an entry fee for everyone, but SBR gives pros the courtesy of having their fees covered.
    there it is.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Dear Al sadly it seems I am not very smart and for this I apologize profusely. But perhaps the original question was broached in such a way as to be tactful to a certain group. Although I think you misconstrued it as an attack against non pros which it was not.

Anyway for the sake of poor old mrmarket let us follow the logical progression of the arguments:

1) Under the system as it is the non pro points go to SBR.
    2) Under the proposed system where do the non pro points go? If 3 groups of people are involved in these tournaments which 2 stand to benefit from the change?

And quite right on the misuse of the word deluded. I actually meant diluted. I'm ever so embarrassed! How ever will I go on?

Not that it matters to much but i do believe you are smart as i've read some your past posts which would indicate intelligence,thus my opening line you're smarter then this.

mrmarket we can all agree on number 1, non pro player fees goes to SBR.

what 3 groups are involved pros -nonpros and sbr, in this case SBR is like pokerstars they have the right to benefit it's their game,don't see anything wrong with them getting a bit of juice from the non members but would obviously prefer the fees to go into the pot.

If the cost of the tourney was

100+10 for Pros
    100+10 for nonpros

I would see your point 100% but it's a freeroll dude, don't sweat it.

mrmarket
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Not that it matters to much but i do believe you are smart as i've read some your past posts which would indicate intelligence,thus my opening line you're smarter then this.

mrmarket we can all agree on number 1, non pro player fees goes to SBR.

what 3 groups are involved pros -nonpros and sbr, in this case SBR is like pokerstars they have the right to benefit it's their game,don't see anything wrong with them getting a bit of juice from the non members but would obviously prefer the fees to go into the pot.

If the cost of the tourney was

100+10 for Pros
    100+10 for nonpros

I would see your point 100% but it's a freeroll dude, don't sweat it.
    No worries. Sometimes I'm prickly like a pear. I see the points all around though.