mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Wow, huge gap between me (#70, 3675 won) and csmkr18 (#69, 9200 won).

I haven't played at all this summer really but just took down 1st place for 700 more in today's tournament. Going to have to work to stay on the list lol

Edit: Actually, looking at it, they aren't really in order by amount won. Any reason why?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I suck

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc419 View Post
    Wow, huge gap between me (#70, 3675 won) and csmkr18 (#69, 9200 won).

I haven't played at all this summer really but just took down 1st place for 700 more in today's tournament. Going to have to work to stay on the list lol

Edit: Actually, looking at it, they aren't really in order by amount won. Any reason why?
    I think it used to be, but the custom Ryder Cup adjustment may have affected the order.

I wonder what my total is. I couldn't play in any of the big Saturday tournaments which had big prizes, but I think I should still have at least 2,500.
    Last edited by yisman; 08-12-11 at 02:05 PM.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Fuk this i want on this list. Just joking. Although i have cashed in my last 4 tourneys.

mattmc419

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I think it used to be, but the custom Ryder Cup adjustment may have affected the order.

I wonder what my total is. I couldn't play in any of the big Saturday tournaments which had big prizes, but I think I should still have at least 2,500.
    Yeah, I dropped it in excel and ordered it and it looks like I'm #75 overall instead of #70 not counting today's win.

I guess they'll order them once/month for the official update?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Yes we will get them in descending order.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I suck

No, you play well,one of about 10.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

I think including Ryder Cup is stupid. Only 2% of all poker player were even eligible LoL. Why would anyone. Want to include that? It's like a royal flush win. Unless there is gonna be 50K pts given away to only non Ryder Cup players its dumb to include the number. Just a thought.

-stash

secretstash

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Nobody would discount someone's WSOP Main Event winnings in a yearly tournament leaderboard. I agree that the one-hit wonders might be a flash in the pan, but these are top 'tournament winnings' not power ratings. The SBR Poker.com chart lists total # of cashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    I think including Ryder Cup is stupid. Only 2% of all poker player were even eligible LoL. Why would anyone. Want to include that? It's like a royal flush win. Unless there is gonna be 50K pts given away to only non Ryder Cup players its dumb to include the number. Just a thought. -stash

to further validate my point.. lou himself said
    Nobody would discount someone's WSOP Main Event winnings in a yearly tournament leaderboard. I agree that the one-hit wonders might be a flash in the pan, but these are top 'tournament winnings' not power ratings. The SBR Poker.com chart lists total # of cashes.
    Including the Ryder Cup limited to 30-40 players only tournament would be like the tournament leaderboard including an invitation only tournament of 50players or less where no one else qualifies to play into those standings.. LOL.. this is ridiculous as u can now see. this wouldnt happen if u think logically. They dont include private tournaments or outside qualifying events that arent under the wsop tournament umbrella.

For a real life example ....
    So this year Ben Lamb is leader in real poker player of year standings...and then they decide to have a tournament without him invited limited to 50 other top poker pros and many of them have a chance to jump him and other players in the leaderboard.

this makes zero sense

-stash
    Last edited by secretstash; 08-12-11 at 05:14 PM.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The order is fixed. The hamster on the wheel forgot to "sort" after updating the list.

rob11234
    rob11234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This is great, Lou! Thanks for posting it.

SBR Lou

Hi secret,

I appreciate your perspective and that you shared it with us.

Ryder wasn't an "invitational" - it was an event that players qualified for based on their performances throughout the WSOP Satellite series. If Ben Lamb, or whomever we want to rank as one of "the best" didn't get a chance to compete, it'd mean he certainly wasn't "the best" throughout the series. =)

I know everyone wants to be in the top 100 based on their efforts already, but there's still over 3 months left of tournaments to rank up. Bring your game faces every event you play.

Including the Ryder Cup limited to 30-40 players only tournament would be like the tournament leaderboard including an invitation only tournament of 50players or less where no one else qualifies to play into those standings.. LOL.. this is ridiculous as u can now see. this wouldnt happen if u think logically. They dont include private tournaments or outside qualifying events that arent under the wsop tournament umbrella.

So this year Ben Lamb is leader in real poker player of year standings...and then they decide to have a tournament without him invited limited to 50 other top poker pros and many of them have a chance to jump him and other players in the leaderboard.

this makes zero sense

-stash

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The fanny thing is some of the posters on the Top 100 List are ghosts and haven't posted in months.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

Just one comment about the Ryder thing. It was a TEAM sport. An individual who never finished higher than 3rd in any of the 4 person matches and scored 0 pts for his team ( there were a few such players) gets the same number of points as everyone else on the team????? It doesn't seem logical to include it.

And don't get me started on all the USA players whose 1100+ points in the qualifiers would have been enough for any Ryder team except USA....... never mind, I said "don't get me started"...

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    An individual who never finished higher than 3rd in any of the 4 person matches and scored 0 pts for his team ( there were a few such players) gets the same number of points as everyone else on the team?????
    If A-Rod strikes out throughout the entire World Series, does that mean he shouldn't get a ring?

Ryder was by definition a poker tournament, one which involved multiple countries and it was a tournament that nobody luckboxed their way into. Even the highest post count non-qualifiers had to win at least 500 points to make the team as the wild card.

Personally, if I were going to lobby to exclude any events, I'd instead set my sights on the Feb. series where 20,000 points (far above the per tourney average) were doled out a pop to one-hit wonders that haven't so much as sniffed the top 20 the last six months. However, The WSOP Main Event gives away a buttload more cash than any other tourneys all year and it's not excluded from Cardplayer's Tourney Player of Year honors.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

If A-Rod strikes out throughout the entire World Series, does that mean he shouldn't get a ring?
    I don't buy the A-rod example. Of course he gets a ring (and the entire Ryder team earned points - my post didn't criticize this*) - but in a list of INDIVIDUAL performances A-rod wouldn't get credit for the hits, HRs , etc of his mates.

* In my post I wasn't complaining that they got points. But I was trying to say it's not logical that those points count in this list.

No big deal though. At least the list creates some interest and it even got an infrequent poster like me to comment.
    Last edited by hhsilver; 08-12-11 at 09:01 PM.

gamemastere
    gamemastere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Would still like to know, my rank is 77th out of how many players? Its nice to be on the top 100 list but it would be nice to know where I stand compared to all of SBR's poker players.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

this makes zero sense

-stash
    Dont they have several tournament of champions and several special earned seats that count for player of the year standings?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

The Ryder Cup Tourney was kind of a different thing since the tourney did not include the top 36 point winners for those 7-8 weeks of qualification. Many that qualified did so because of geography not because of their play during the qualification period, how many U.S. players would have qualified ahead of others from other countries if it was based only on points/performance? Not to mention that others made it because of post counts or join dates and not from their play during that period.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Does this help find who is the best handicapper?

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Quote Originally Posted by gamemastere View Post
    Would still like to know, my rank is 77th out of how many players? Its nice to be on the top 100 list but it would be nice to know where I stand compared to all of SBR's poker players.
    agree... would be nice to know.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

where's roxxy ?

he has at least 5555 points from ryder cup .

SBR Lou

Hi guys,

The list will be updated again later today. Ryder winnings are included for those who were already in the top 100, but we need to re-sort the list to include those who were previously outside of the top 100.

secretstash

Hi secret, I appreciate your perspective and that you shared it with us. Ryder wasn't an "invitational" - it was an event that players qualified for based on their performances throughout the WSOP Satellite series. If Ben Lamb, or whomever we want to rank as one of "the best" didn't get a chance to compete, it'd mean he certainly wasn't "the best" throughout the series. =) I know everyone wants to be in the top 100 based on their efforts already, but there's still over 3 months left of tournaments to rank up. Bring your game faces every event you play.
    this would be great if it was the best 45 players overall but it wasnt. it was 9 from each country which limited the usa with exceptionally high players with pts.. many many people from usa would have beat out the 600pt qualifiers from europe or wherever if the invitiation was expanded to include the top 45 overall.

in any case i really dont care.. sbr will give away 10k for first and top 10 and i wouldnt be anywhere near it anyway because i wasnt around playing in feb which is needed to be in top10 ever.

thanks for the daily tournaments.. its quite enough

-stash

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

any chance we can see a list, starting from april, not including ryder cup. a lot of disconnects early on.

plus i think i would be near the top. it would be good for my ego. make it happen lou, april-current

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

they havent added ryder cup winnings yet. they see how much it will completely change the standings on the board just like february's did with their very generous prizes.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

If I had time to play I should be in top ten.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by harlee71 View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think I only see 3 of us that are scheduled to play in the SBR CR Bash Tourney.

Harlee71
    Katstale
    LvHerbie
    now we are 4..........i m in

SBR Lou

The list now includes every Ryder Team Champion winner (provided they scored enough to finish in the top 100).

To clarify guys, bonus point winnings aren't currently tracked in our report. They're going to be included as soon as possible.

Last edited by SBR Lou; 08-13-11 at 08:54 PM. Reason: update

mattmc419

The list is completely updated as of August 13th, 2011. It includes every Ryder Team Champion winner (provided they scored enough to finish in the top 100).

Does it include yesterday's tournaments? Looks like the 700 wasn't added to mine.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Do the tournament wins now not count until we roll them over or something? I'm stuck at 4000 and cashed every tournament since last Saturday except yesterdays

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Does it include yesterday's tournaments? Looks like the 700 wasn't added to mine.
    Same with me, my August 12th win has not been added.

Cheers.

SBR Lou

The downloadable report we have doesn't currently check for bonus point winnings. It will soon, no worries, all your wins since bonus points inception are going to count - this is the most accurate list possible given our current setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    Do the tournament wins now not count until we roll them over or something? I'm stuck at 4000 and cashed every tournament since last Saturday except yesterdays
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Same with me, my August 12th win has not been added. Cheers.

mattmc419

The downloadable report we have doesn't currently check for bonus point winnings. It will soon, no worries, all your wins since bonus points inception are going to count - this is the most accurate list possible given our current setup.
    Oh alright cool. How exactly will it be counted? The amount we win from the tournament or the amount we net after rollover?

SBR Lou

Oh alright cool. How exactly will it be counted? The amount we win from the tournament or the amount we net after rollover?
    It will count the tournament prize won only.

First 123456 ... Last