yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Lou any chance in the future we will be able to play in the gear contest as well as 1 pts contest per day. Don't see why this should be a big problem.
    It's to give non-pros a chance at the gear without all the pros flooding in.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Most devastating loss in my poker career, I thought the hat was mine for sure and I go out in 2nd.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    hey lou, how long does it take to get the hat? I won the very first gear tourney. And is it the white sbr poker hat, thats in the store?
    Sam is hitting the post office today for all week one winners that provided their details. You should have it by end of the week based on your location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Lou any chance in the future we will be able to play in the gear contest as well as 1 pts contest per day. Don't see why this should be a big problem.
    We want the SBR gear tourney to specifically be inviting to newbies. It's OK to have the RonPaul's and Bcatswin's in the pool but we want those guys to have to choose which one is more important to them.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Nice Lou!

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Came home from work and seats already filled up.

How about a tourney for the employed?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle, and VBPro7

1949's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1648

right on....count me in

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Same here. Got home from work a little after 6 and all full.

Bogus.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

When are winners paid their points?

big joe 1212

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    When are winners paid their points?
    it's in your poker account. you need to roll over before its available in your wallet.

BigLouie66
    BigLouie66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 509

Lou, can the times of the tourneys be adjusted?? Living on the west coast and working until 5, I can't get home in time for any of these...the wsop tourneys had some good times, can we get a 9:00ET tourney.?

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by BigLouie66 View Post
    Lou, can the times of the tourneys be adjusted?? Living on the west coast and working until 5, I can't get home in time for any of these...the wsop tourneys had some good times, can we get a 9:00ET tourney.?
    Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    The poker development team requested another week of light tournament schedule. Next week we will add the 10pm tourneys back up.

. .

BigLouie66
    BigLouie66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 509

thanks Yisman...missed that.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

or can you at least open up registration earlier so people who arent home during the day can get in the 8 oclock or maybe even 5 oclock. we can just register the night before/ early morning before.

jarosikrp
    Whoaaa
    jarosikrp's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck everyone in these

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4934

Ok this SUCKS. We now have a game @ 5pm PST. Problem is i leave home @ 4:30amPST and i dont get home until maybe 3:00-3:30pmPST. I log onto SBR Poker and the game is already Full. Tried yesterday and now today. Glitch finally came up with a good idea. Please open registration earlier so i can register before i leave in the morning.

*Edit: How about making the last game unlimited entries so everyone who hasn't played that day can play? I dont see any downsides to this other than a bigger field with the same payouts but at least we're ALL playing.
    Last edited by VBPro7; 08-09-11 at 06:11 PM.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Suggestion: Base the rollover on rake (like all other poker sites do) rather than how many chips you personally put into the pot and get called on. This is a huge disadvantage to the "tight" player. You are basically encouraging people to play like maniacs in the ring games to rollover their tournament winnings as fast as possible. It is turning the ring games into a non-stop donk fest, making it really unpleasant to play.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nosniboR11

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    Suggestion: Base the rollover on rake (like all other poker sites do) rather than how many chips you personally put into the pot and get called on. This is a huge disadvantage to the "tight" player. You are basically encouraging people to play like maniacs in the ring games to rollover their tournament winnings as fast as possible. It is turning the ring games into a non-stop donk fest, making it really unpleasant to play.
    I actually like the loo$er play and i would say im a fairly tight player. No disadvantage to me...x3 rollover ea$y. At the same time i agree with you about the credit for raked hands though. Disadvantage here is it may take longer to finish the rollover.
    Last edited by VBPro7; 08-09-11 at 08:13 PM.

70kgman

Quote Originally Posted by VBPro7 View Post
    I actually like the loo$er play and i would say im a fairly tight player. No disadvantage to me...x3 rollover ea$y. At the same time i agree with you about the credit for raked hands though. Disadvantage here is it may take longer to finish the rollover.
    Taking longer to clear rollover is what I meant by disadvantage. Would be nice to get some kind of rollover credit for all raked hands you are at the table (in play) for so you don't have to choose between playing tight but having to play 10 hours of ring games to rollover 500 points, or turn into a calling machine so you don't feel like you are wasting your time every time you fold a hand. The current rollover rules discourages folding.
    Last edited by 70kgman; 08-09-11 at 09:02 PM.

big joe 1212

Taking longer to clear rollover is what I meant by disadvantage. At the moment, as someone who likes to play tight and play SBR poker as if I was playing for real money, I feel trapped in limbo somewhere in between "Do I want to play tight and have to play 10 hours of ring games to roll over 500 points", or "should I just start playing a bunch of hands I wouldn't normally play so this rollover will speed up". Would be nice to get some kind of rollover credit for all raked hands you are at the table (in play) for. The current rollover rules discourages folding.

That's the way SBR wants it.

yisman

Yes, 70kg is right. Looser/tighter play doesn't necessarily make it easier to win or lose, but it can make it harder to meet rollover.

If you play tight, it can take an awful long time to meet 3x rollover on a few hundred points.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

How can you complain about this if you claim to be a decent tight player? Any good poker player loves to play at a loose ring game.

Would you rather sit at a table full of tight players? Why not just have everyone sit around and draw cards with the best (highest) cards winning. If you wanna game were people only play premos then whats the point.

Mix your game up, play your big hands ultra aggressive if your at a game that is that loose. See a few extra flops. Long run if your a decent player you should crush a loose game.

70kgman

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    How can you complain about this if you claim to be a decent tight player? Any good poker player loves to play at a loose ring game.

Would you rather sit at a table full of tight players? Why not just have everyone sit around and draw cards with the best (highest) cards winning. If you wanna game were people only play premos then whats the point.

Mix your game up, play your big hands ultra aggressive if your at a game that is that loose. See a few extra flops. Long run if your a decent player you should crush a loose game.
    Wasn't complaining at all. Making a suggestion about how the rollover requirements work. I have won more points on the "loose" tables during my rollover. That has nothing to do with anything. I just think the rollover rules should be based on rake to promote normal poker play in the ring games, and create a similar rollover time frame for everyone no matter how they play.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Wasn't complaining at all. Making a suggestion about how the rollover requirements work. I have won more points on the "loose" tables during my rollover. That has nothing to do with anything. I just think the rollover rules should be based on rake to promote normal poker play in the ring games, and create a similar rollover time frame for everyone no matter how they play.
    Fair enough.

But I personally love the current set up as it encourages people to play a lot of hands and most people are not capable of playing hands after the flop.

Good Luck and hopefully rolling points over is a problem we continue to have.
    Points Awarded:

Cuse0323 gave downsouth 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, I (finally) got to roll over 50 tonight, seems perfect. very easy to check where you are and fair.

that said I ran pretty well with cards which made it pretty easy...

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

I get to a tourney 15 minutes late and I'm already blinded out? That's no fun.

big joe 1212

Quote Originally Posted by dtp View Post
    I get to a tourney 15 minutes late and I'm already blinded out? That's no fun.

no. you are kicked out after 10 minutes I believe.

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

If you play tight, it can take an awful long time to meet 3x rollover on a few hundred points.
    Sometimes i wonder if you actually think before you post or just randomly comment first thing to your head. You OBV have no clue Yissy, or were on drugs when you posted this.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by VBPro7 View Post
    Sometimes i wonder if you actually think before you post or just randomly comment first thing to your head. You OBV have no clue Yissy, or were on drugs when you posted this.
    Are you on drugs? I speak from my own experience playing at the ring tables last week.

You know, I answer the dumb questions you post, and you come at me with this. You OBV have no clue VBPro.

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why dont you bring 10am tourney back? Its difficult for us from Europe to play later.

First 12