Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Deep_Rest's Vegas Trip

Hello. Starting tomorrow I am making a run at Vegas. I will chronicle my trip in this thread if anybody is interested. Also to make things interesting you can wager points on whether I come out ahead or lose!

Here is some important information:

I am bringing $1200 ONLY. I am also bringing a CC to be used only if I lose the original $1200...if this happens, all wagers will be graded as "UNDER".

Winning or losing is defined as being either above or below $1200. All hotel accommodations, food, various other expenses count as loses!

I am planning on golfing at least once which will cost upwards of $100 each time.

I keep normal hours...I wont be playing poker all night or clubbing all night!

I barely drink alcohol, don't smoke and I don't use drugs so that'll save me a lot of money.

I will not be wasting my time watching the WSOP or sight-seeing. STRICTLY GAMBLING OR GOLF!

This is guys weekend out, so no girlfriends to waste money on!

I paid my way through college by playing online poker.

I regularly play at Commerce/The Bike so I'm not a stranger to live poker. I play $300-$500 NL or their equivalents (2-5 blinds).

I am a SUCKER for craps, however I only bet on pass/no pass which is very close to 50-50.

I am also a sucker for pai-gow but I don't bet on fortune/jackpot so that's also close to 50-50.

I will be playing $300-$500 NL ring or its equivalent. I will also be playing in some tourneys with buyins ranging from $80-$250.

My room is at the Imperial Palace (ghetto!) and I am sharing the room with somebody so I will be paying a little less than $20 a night.

You will have to take my word that any potential wagers WILL NOT affect the way I conduct myself while in Vegas.

Trip lasts from approx. Thursday afternoon to Monday (driving back on Monday so no gambling).

So that's $100 for golf and $80 for the room, so I'm already down $180 dollars! Also considering food, I'm in probably close to a $300 hole...So do you think I can recover?

I need a 25% return on investment just to break even!

The odds are:

Over $1200 +100
    Under $1200 +100

10 points MAX bet per person! This isn't meant to be taken THAT seriously!

I will try and update as frequently as possible. If you need any more information about me (in regards to the wager), feel free to ask!

Viva Las Vegas!

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

best of luck. really depends how you run at the poker table and how good you are. should be a ton of terrible players cuz of the wsop though.

Deep_Rest

TY DeluxeLiner. I agree I bet all the high profile players go to Vegas just for the cash games this time of year. The tournaments are just for kicks.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

GL Bud, Looking forward to your winning updates!

Deep_Rest

Well, sorry guys, but the hotel wanted to charge me $5 per hour for Internet so I decided to pass on updating everyday. But here's a summary:

Turns out we stayed at the Imperial Palace which explains why our room was so cheap. If you're a guy who plans on finding/hanging out with women with the potential of having her come back to your place, AVOID STAYING HERE If you're a group of dudes on limited budgets looking for a Hangover-esque experience, this is a good starting point. Our room was crappy–very noisy because Carnival Court was right outside, the water smelled heavily of sulfur, and the fire alarm went off for like half an hour at 6:40 in the morning! BUT staying here is very cheap and has excellent location.

Eats:

Planet Hollywood Buffet: 4/5 stars. This place is awesome. I prefer it over the Rio's World Buffet. It's a pricey $30 per person, but it has foods from all over the world. Only downsides are that the Mexican food station isn't very good, and the seafood line is always crowded! Expect a long wait if you arrive during busy hours!

The Egg and I: 5/5 stars. This restaurant is a little bit North of the Strip but it is well worth the drive. They serve typical breakfast stuff. I got the Denver Omelette and it was wonderful. My friends also loved what they ate. This is a must if you are in the area. Huck Seed evidently knows about this place because he sat right behind us!

Hash House: 4.5/5 stars. This is one of the only redeeming qualities about staying at the IP. The food here is wonderful regardless of what you get and the portions you receive are huge. The only negative aspect about this place is that there is always a wait.

Emperor's Buffet: 2/5 stars. This place is awful. IP should be ashamed of this place. The prime rib looked disgusting, the crab legs looked disgusting, but they had good pizza, and the staff was nice. It cost about $7 less than the Planet Hollywood buffet, but please, spend the extra money. AVOID!

Golf:

Angel Park: This was great. It is located about 20 minutes Northeast of LV. We played the Mountain course. It was typical course, but you need to make sure you avoid hitting into the desert! $45 green fee (including a cart) is well worth it.

The Legacy: Yikes. This course was pretty difficult. It is located about 20 minutes South of LV in Henderson. You're surrounded by houses so if you're nervous about potentially breaking somebody's windows, I'd avoid this place because the houses look expensive. Other than the difficulty, this is a good course. $45 green fee (cart included). Don't play this course during a thunderstorm!!! It is quite unpleasant.

Poker:

Venetian 5/5: During my last visit to Vegas 3 years ago, I swore Bellagio was the best place to play poker in Vegas. Well, that might still be true, but I walked into Venetian and wound up ONLY playing at the Venetian. The pokerroom here is massive–probably close to 100 tables if a tournament is running. The 1-2 and 2-5 NL games were surprisingly tough, but beatable. I probably put in around 16 hours during the span of 3 days.

The better sex:

If it weren't for my encounters with the better sex, I could very well be in the black...but alas, I fell short of my goal of maintaining at least my original $1200. Going into Sunday night, I had a decent $1260 or so. That means I paid for both my rounds of golf and all food (around $300) until that point with a 60 dollar surplus. Also, my luck at Pai Gow ran out and I lost around $400 which I made back playing real poker. So I probably won about $700 over 16 hours playing 1-2 and 2-5 NL. I ran pretty good. Set vs set won my most of that money.

Anyways, it turned out my new friend was a tank. She went through 3 Patron shots like it was nothing then she and her friends decided to come back to our dingy room and play kings cup/f-the dealer/etc. Suddenly, I was buying cases of beer and all my profit evaporated. I woke up with a hangover and $1175. We checked out, I paid the gas for our car, and that was that.

Summary:

Sadly, I was unsuccessful and lost around $70 for a total of $1130. Maybe I'll do better next time. GL you guys, and thanks for reading!

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

LMAO, nice update. Sounds like you had a good time at least!