john111_x
    john111_x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Folding QQ preflop

Everytime I get QQ i lose. I bet on the flop, get put all in (with only undercards on the board), I call the all in, and have the guy dominated. Then he catches 2 pair, trips, runner runner flush, etc.

Would I be better off just folding this hand preflop? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but had I not been playing QQ for the past 2 weeks I would be up $100 (at least), but instead I lose 8/10 i play it.

bill2266
    steelers
    bill2266's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

same here the ladies haunt me the most

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think you're having observational bias...

there have been, say, 80% of the times that you've had QQ that they haven't been cracked. remembering the times that they have is a lot easier.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

might as well start folding KK and AA preflop too then

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

never

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

You do not lose every time with QQ.

Yes, this is a dumb question.

Folding QQ, preflop is dumb, however, overplaying them is also dumb.

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

You should definitely fold every pair PF, only play 27 and maybe 93 sometimes. Mix it up

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Welcome to sbr poker. Doesn't matter if you're hold'in AA, larger stack or player chosen by sbr to win that night will bust your ass everytime! QQ you ask? Unless you flop quads, just fuk'in muck them!

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    never
    yepp... almost never, pretty good starting hand...

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

QQ is overrated. One should only play suited connectors.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

yeah just fold it

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

I'll take QQ as a starting hand evertime and take my chances.

LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go to YouTube and search for how to play JJ.
    Fukcing hilarious!!

darys
    darys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5435

not enough data to reach the conclusion. play more and you will find QQ most time treat u well.

borgsta
    borgsta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3230

If you want to be a losing player long term than yes fold QQ.

psv777ua
    Update Status
    psv777ua's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Yes...Just fold it

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by borgsta View Post
    If you want to be a losing player long term than yes fold QQ.
    fold everything preflop - will save you tons of bad beats

pozzy
    pozzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I won't ever do it.. If I lose then Ill lose..

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

You never fold pre-flop with QQ unless you get called all-in and suspect other player has you beat with AA or KK.

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Just don't *** in your pants like a lot of people do, start betting stupidly heavy or go all in preflop with it. Just call, if someone raises a reasonable amount, call that to see the flop.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by john111_x View Post
    Everytime I get QQ i lose. I bet on the flop, get put all in (with only undercards on the board), I call the all in, and have the guy dominated. Then he catches 2 pair, trips, runner runner flush, etc.

Would I be better off just folding this hand preflop? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but had I not been playing QQ for the past 2 weeks I would be up $100 (at least), but instead I lose 8/10 i play it.

yeah i feel like im cursed with qq, would rather have pocket jacks any day. its gotten so bad i even gave that hand a nickname "the gold diggers" because they always burn me for my chips almost every time.

instead of folding pre-flop ive started pushing all-in and hoping to just get the blinds. they hold up a little better against 1 opponent.

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

looks like they don't believe u. if you play solid they'll respect u alil.

ilciclope
    ilciclope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

nice hand

brucethebear
    brucethebear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Qq is bad luck for me, but will only fold if the play suggests I am against aces or kings.

FlipK11
    FlipK11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ah man...i could ponder on this sort of question all night. You guys can shoot all the odds and percentages out at me all you want, all night long. EVERY time i get pocket aces, no matter how i play the hand, weather i raise pre-flop, smooth call, i'll flop a set and sometimes i'll raise, sometimes i'll check. But in all honesty it doesn't matter and if i still had access to all of my hands played over the last year, i would gladly gather up photo evidence to show you guys how insane this really is. I lose with pocket aces 99.9% of the time and my heart actually sinks when i look down at my hole cards and see those two ******* A's popping out at me.

I'd say no though, play the bitches.

grind4moneyz
    grind4moneyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 993

To those mad about losing with AA, KK, QQ, etc.... You have to know when to fold QQ, KK, AA, etc.... on a scary board and when up against an oppponent that is providing resistance. It's always not about the hand you hold, but the hand range you think your opponent holds. It's still just a 1 pair hand

FWIW, I'm rarely folding QQ pre-flop but there are specific situations and circumstances in which I would.

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

everyone has their badluck hand. some people it's AA, some people it's AK, for you it's QQ. They lose like 10-15% more w/ those hands than most people do, just because of variance. It might be a good idea to start folding QQ on the flop unless you flop top set. can't remember how many times i lose with QQ. also let me know where and which tables you frequent.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

what is all this bad luck hand bs. come on guys it's the 3rd highest hand in terms of +EV. If you want to get technical, that means you lose money everytime you fold it preflop. My guess is that you're just in a downswing. If it continues for several months, then that means you play them wrong.

brucethebear
    brucethebear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    what is all this bad luck hand bs. come on guys it's the 3rd highest hand in terms of +EV. If you want to get technical, that means you lose money everytime you fold it preflop. My guess is that you're just in a downswing. If it continues for several months, then that means you play them wrong.
    When I say bad luck, I mean for me, qq is the hand I have that seems to run into aces more than any other. However, I agree with you. I am not folding qq preflop unless I have a great read that they are no good.
    Btb

AzNDooM
    St.Louis blues WIN ML
    AzNDooM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3523

Just bad luck, however I dotn think i Could fold QQ preflop. Ive done it once only and that was for a cash tourny where everyone before me was all in and over the top. Hoewver, 95% of the time I cant see myself laying those cards down.

MIAMIHURRICANE
    MIAMIHURRICANE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

30replies..30 different answers

grind4moneyz
    grind4moneyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 993

Quote Originally Posted by MIAMIHURRICANE View Post
    30replies..30 different answers
    I think a lot of the answers offer pretty similar advice. In poker general questions like these are near impossible to answer with a simple answer. Poker is a game of situations and without specific examples it's hard to say what is the correct play, IMO.

Example: If your 3rd in Chips on the bubble of a major tournament and the chip leader (nit and his PFR is 5%) just happens to be at your table to your immediate left. Your on the button and UTG Raises all in and MP1 Raises all in when it gets to the Chip Leader in the Cutoff he 4bet shoves all in. Are you calling? I'm going to fold here because I've seen an all-in Raise, an all-in re-raise, and a 4bet shove by the chip leader who is a nit. Your almost NEVER ahead here and QQ's aren't playing that well in a 4way+ pot. You have plenty of chips and plenty of time to get your money in the middle in better situations.

Obviously, the above is an extreme example but it's hard to give advice on such general questions. Basically I'm rarely folding QQ pre, but there are situations in which I would.
    Last edited by grind4moneyz; 07-17-11 at 10:27 AM.

zlate22
    Update your status
    zlate22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i have folded QQ only once chip leader was all in one guy had stack 2bb and it was bouble had to fold to get in the money

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalbrother View Post
    i think you're having observational bias...

there have been, say, 80% of the times that you've had QQ that they haven't been cracked. remembering the times that they have is a lot easier.
    This ^^^

Just like sports betting, people rarely remember the lucky breaks or times they won easy, versus their bad beats.

troutsky
    Update your status
    troutsky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't fold QQ preflop very often heh.

12 Last