borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tablets that work for SBR Poker?

Hey Guys,
    wondering if anyone knows any tablets that work for SBR poker. I've been contemplating buying one for a while now but my oldest little girl convinced me when I asked her what she wants to get daddy for fathers day. "Ipad, You should buy an ipad daddy so I can play angry birds".

Now I don't want an Ipad LOL but I'm open to suggestions. Also it should be noted that she's 6 and already controls my andriod phone playing you guessed it Angry birds. I know I've failed as a dad somehow because of that. Or is it just a natural instinct inherent in all females to control cell phones?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Nothing like a $700 dollar angry birds player

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ipad blows....Get something that will allow flash. Without flash the internet is shit. IPAD is shit they just send u to Itunes and expect u to buy 300 worth of apps. You can always hack it but stick to something with flash is my suggestion.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

As far as I know, SBR only really supports windows. Therefore your only real option with tablets is getting an RDP client for your tablet and remote to a Windows PC that you have SBR Poker installed on.

Similarly, I know Citrix has some solutions but it is essentially the same thing I stated above.

Cheers.

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vpad10.htm

Runs both Android and Windows 7

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

That would be interesting to try!

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    Hey Guys,
    wondering if anyone knows any tablets that work for SBR poker. I've been contemplating buying one for a while now but my oldest little girl convinced me when I asked her what she wants to get daddy for fathers day. "Ipad, You should buy an ipad daddy so I can play angry birds".

Now I don't want an Ipad LOL but I'm open to suggestions. Also it should be noted that she's 6 and already controls my andriod phone playing you guessed it Angry birds. I know I've failed as a dad somehow because of that. Or is it just a natural instinct inherent in all females to control cell phones?
    None of those. I have a Lenovo S10-3t which is a Microsoft-based netbook with a full touchscreen and a keyboard. If you want to play SBR poker, you need something Windows based.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

I always liked viewsonic so I might just give that a try. I hate netbooks such a waste of money. I was considering a chromebook but I hate this "In the cloud" crap.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

all android phones and pads will run logmein by downloading through app store.. or for free with applanet.net as soon as the site servers go back up... make a logmein acct.. put it on ur home computer (leave the comp on) and play sbr poker every day u want and also have ur entire computer(s) available through logmein anywhere and everywhere

enjoy. i do this daily

-stash

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    all android phones and pads will run logmein by downloading through app store.. or for free with applanet.net as soon as the site servers go back up... make a logmein acct.. put it on ur home computer (leave the comp on) and play sbr poker every day u want and also have ur entire computer(s) available through logmein anywhere and everywhere

enjoy. i do this daily

-stash
    Good tip! I'm going to have to try this.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

enjoy. i do this daily

-stash
    I was thinking about doing this when I go away on vacation but I really don't want to leave my computer on that whole time.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

I like to leave my computer on at night for more than 2 weeks at a time. It automatically goes into sleep mode, so the screen goes blank. Or instead of clicking shutdown, I click sleep. I hate waiting for my comps to power on. Also, if it breaks down so what, I don't mind a new $700 comp every 2 to 3 years.
    New software just keeps getting huger and huger, it is nice to have the more recent comp than one 10 years old.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Thank you stash, More than good advice.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Dell has a PC that converts from laptop to tablet that might be of interest

I don't have any experience with it, but seems to be more flexible than just a tablet.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Solid suggestion Roadtrip. But I'm through using a pc. I don't play games on it (Haven't for like 6 years), I don't use it for work. The only purpose we use pc's for anymore is the Web to get info or for me to screw around on SBR. Basically a tablet would afford us the ability to store what we use daily with smaller space/weight requirements.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

enjoy. i do this daily

-stash
    Hooo this is the shit! How did I not know about this?

SpeedPro
    SpeedPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

I am pretty sure the android tablet won't work. I have a Motorola Xoom and it won't.

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

iPad won't work, until they release their own proprietary poker software that ONLY apples can run.
    booo apple...