Betpoints: 201

poker question

ok, guy raises,
    i have 10 jack suited,
    board shows 8 9 9, one of these was my suit,
    guy bets pretty big,
    i call,
    then 4 of my suit comes
    so now i have straight and flush draws going, so tons of outs but i haven't made my hand at all, not even a pair
    guy pushes all in:
    do i call? i did, he had a pair of fives,
    he won the hand with his 55.
    i had so many outs i felt like i had to call, what do they call this in poker, and is it stupid to call in this situation?

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

90% of the time call-call-call is wrong. Of course, I don't know how the guy plays but against an average person you need to be a little more aggressive. It also depends if you were in a cash game or a tourney. Especially if he "bet big" on the flop you should have either shoved or folded. Calling an overbet is a losing play unless you have a deadeye read on the guy or you have a monster.

What you had on the turn most people call a combo draw...as you have a combination of both a flush and straight draw (but not a straight-flush draw). You also had 3 Jacks, 3 10's, and 3 8's. Just tell people that you had "Fatty McOuts" and people will get the idea. GL in the future!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

thanks a lot man, really helpfull, i always call call call i think u r right, i need to be more agressive in these tournaments where people don't know me. i especially like your comment 90 percent of time call-call-call is wrong, this is maybe a breakthrough for me.