Hi :
    I m planing on joining PS and FT making a fist time deposit
    How do evaluate the players and the site comaring them to Bodog
    Thxs

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The player pool is infinitely better on FT and PS. If you join these sites, you need to make sure you're getting rakeback. There's several good deals out there for first time players.

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

imo the better places to play are stars and tilt and there is no comparison they are much better players than at bodog , alot of dead money tho at the dog and you can win easily there but if you are a winning player as i think i know you are you will win at stars too its just so many different tournys and things you just need to find your niche . when i started playing online a few yrs back at stars i played play money and now 3 yrs later i play the sunday million and other decent tournys .i hope that helps some

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

http://www.fastrakeback.com/rakeback...ilt-Poker.aspx

That's what I used when I signed up for Tilt. It's a pretty good deal.

RANDAZZO
    RANDAZZO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

I prefer full tilt.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

U need to play more aggressive IMO.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Ranked
    1.) Stars-
    2.) Tilt-
    Somewhere way low) Bodog

Only problem with bodog is volume is so low.
    Points Awarded:

firehoyt gave downsouth 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Ranked
    1.) Stars-
    2.) Tilt-
    Somewhere way low) Bodog

Only problem with bodog is volume is so low.
    Another few problems would be that their software is weak, their hand history tools are atrocious, they apparently actively try and prevent HUDs but do not actively prevent bots.....

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Players are better at full tilt and stars for sure, but you get rakeback on tilt and there's soft donkaments of any size on stars.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Another few problems would be that their software is weak, their hand history tools are atrocious, they apparently actively try and prevent HUDs but do not actively prevent bots.....
    Even support not the best..................PUKE

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

never join ps and ring games completely suck at tilt, I forget why but I don't play them. UB/AP jackpot 25/50 cents are great and easy with huge potential.

zlate22
    Update your status
    zlate22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

if u r playing mtt's and stng's stars is better

Mistongo
    4/6 pick 6 expert
    Mistongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

What level do you play? Do you play cash or tourneys? Anyway Stars is good for tournaments but cash games over NL 25 are hard. At least for me. Bodogs software is quite tilting though.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by Mistongo View Post
    What level do you play? Do you play cash or tourneys? Anyway Stars is good for tournaments but cash games over NL 25 are hard. At least for me. Bodogs software is quite tilting though.
    mostly i play .10 .25 and .25 .50 maming somtimes if the br allows me .50 1
    i play SNG wiht very good succes 3 5 and 7 dollars buy in
    last week i made back to back final tables on the 3000 and 1000 warantee ( at the 1000 i cash out along wiht gamater )

On the cash tables usually loose all my winnings mostly because i tilt a lot latley.
    I found out that 70% is bad play due to the 25% bad beat.

BodogBecky
    BodogBecky's Avatar Become A Pro!

but do not actively prevent bots.....
    You can be assured that bots are NOT welcome at Bodog and they directly violate the Player Agreement . The Bodog security team works hard with both bot prevention and bot detection, and if someone is found to be violating the rules they will be dealt with accordingly, resulting in account closure and seizure of funds.

Thank you,
    Becky

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by BodogBecky View Post
    You can be assured that bots are NOT welcome at Bodog and they directly violate the Player Agreement . The Bodog security team works hard with both bot prevention and bot detection, and if someone is found to be violating the rules they will be dealt with accordingly, resulting in account closure and seizure of funds.

Thank you,
    Becky
    Im sorry to desagree with you Becky, i have been seen them taking money day in ad day out, and many times there are playing among themself in a table
    Bodog is doing nothing about it and it will never will because it generates rake for you.
    AGAIN...............Tbasco tim, tphon mike1219, Unkle , schilgman, and the list oges on and on, all coming from northic cuntries and very profitable, sometimes I wonder if Bodog is not in it.
    I move on to only play SNG and tournaments after loosing consistenly on the cash tables but not on the tournament and SNG as you can see in my records, please feel free to inspect them .
    Best regards
    sinmiedo ( alex)

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Thank you,
    Becky
    I'm not sure how you can say this. I mean Tabasco Tim, emoteil, schlingmann, tphone, leo765, mike1219 are obviously bots made by Shanky Technologies and are probably colluding. How do I know? Their stats are all the same, they're all from Sweden, they all signed up on the same day, they play 24/7, most of them have somewhere in between 350,000 and 500,000 hands each right now. etc. etc. There's people smarter than me out there that have come to the same conclusion. I've been told at times the 5nl and 10nl action there is 50% bot action and these guys brag about it on their forum. Go to http://www.bonusbots.com/ Bodog's name and logo are all over their page. Poker Stars and Tilt busted nearly all of these guys and kicked them off their sites, so they went somewhere and it looks like that somewhere is Bodog. Maybe they're not welcome and violate the PA, but there isn't much being done to stop them and than saying they aren't welcome.

BodogBecky

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I'm not sure how you can say this. I mean Tabasco Tim, emoteil, schlingmann, tphone, leo765, mike1219 are obviously bots made by Shanky Technologies and are probably colluding. How do I know? Their stats are all the same, they're all from Sweden, they all signed up on the same day, they play 24/7, most of them have somewhere in between 350,000 and 500,000 hands each right now. etc. etc. There's people smarter than me out there that have come to the same conclusion. I've been told at times the 5nl and 10nl action there is 50% bot action and these guys brag about it on their forum. Go to http://www.bonusbots.com/ Bodog's name and logo are all over their page. Poker Stars and Tilt busted nearly all of these guys and kicked them off their sites, so they went somewhere and it looks like that somewhere is Bodog. Maybe they're not welcome and violate the PA, but there isn't much being done to stop them and than saying they aren't welcome.
    Ok, my recommendation is to send these names to CS- they will be happy to look into this.

Becky

sinmiedo

BodogBecky:
    You said in the past that you personally had snet those names to your security team.
    I m wondering if you ever did that, because now you are saing that we should comunicate with CS>

BodogBecky

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    BodogBecky:
    You said in the past that you personally had snet those names to your security team.
    I m wondering if you ever did that, because now you are saing that we should comunicate with CS>
    If I told you I sent those names directly to the Poker Manager, I sent the names. Apologies, but I don't have the capacity to keep track of which names I have passed on and which names are new- as I have explained before, my main job is serving as a Reporter for CalvinAyre.com and in this capacity I am very busy traveling and reporting on online gambling conferences throughout Europe. It is always best to send a message directly to CS rather than going through me because it is faster-however, if CS is unable to help to your satisfaction, I'm always happy to help to the best of my ability.

Thanks,
    Becky

sinmiedo

If I told you I sent those names directly to the Poker Manager, I sent the names. Apologies, but I don't have the capacity to keep track of which names I have passed on and which names are new- as I have explained before, my main job is serving as a Reporter for CalvinAyre.com and in this capacity I am very busy traveling and reporting on online gambling conferences throughout Europe. It is always best to send a message directly to CS rather than going through me because it is faster-however, if CS is unable to help to your satisfaction, I'm always happy to help to the best of my ability.

Thanks,
    Becky
    thank you for your quick response, however, as a player i share many of us the frustration wiht that activity.
    I m keeping a personal recod of my play and belive me , all the dollars earned on trounaments and sng had vanished on the cash table and most of them when i was unaware of the problem.
    No i nly have to play sng and tournament where i feel safe and among players,in most cases.

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

This certainly isn't aimed at Bodog even though they happen to be the subject of this thread......but any site trying to cut down on bots.

This isn't trivial, but a simple way to pretty much eliminate bots:

Every XXX hours of play, present the player with a really simple Turing Test.
    "type in the number in this picture" or
    "what is fou&r pl*us thr--ee"
    "Are you a human, click yes or no"

If the player starts failing Turing Tests, maybe there is no one at the keyboard. Up the rate of the tests. If they keep failing a good percent, flag their account for investigation.

Everybody steps away from the keyboard from time to time, but continuing to fail simple "are you a human" tests built into the software should get rid of a lot of bots.

Keep them very infrequent unless the player starts failing a few of them.

Maybe the sites have thought of this and there's a reason not to do it I'm missing here.....

Personally I think collusion is a much much worse problem then bots....if a player I'm playing I know is a bot....knowing the level of play of most bots I'd consider it an opportunity.

Colluding bots, maybe another story

BeerDog99

Pokerstars does this type of test every so often. I have seen it twice.

sinmiedo

Pokerstars does this type of test every so often. I have seen it twice.
    maybe a good reason to migrate, but i still the sng and tournamnets of bodog.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO

Bodog Cs??? common...

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    This certainly isn't aimed at Bodog even though they happen to be the subject of this thread......but any site trying to cut down on bots.

This isn't trivial, but a simple way to pretty much eliminate bots:

Every XXX hours of play, present the player with a really simple Turing Test.
    "type in the number in this picture" or
    "what is fou&r pl*us thr--ee"
    "Are you a human, click yes or no"

If the player starts failing Turing Tests, maybe there is no one at the keyboard. Up the rate of the tests. If they keep failing a good percent, flag their account for investigation.

Everybody steps away from the keyboard from time to time, but continuing to fail simple "are you a human" tests built into the software should get rid of a lot of bots.

Keep them very infrequent unless the player starts failing a few of them.

Maybe the sites have thought of this and there's a reason not to do it I'm missing here.....

Personally I think collusion is a much much worse problem then bots....if a player I'm playing I know is a bot....knowing the level of play of most bots I'd consider it an opportunity.

Colluding bots, maybe another story

Stars and Tilt have done that test to me before. They were getting player complaints from players thinking I was a BOT

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Ok, my recommendation is to send these names to CS- they will be happy to look into this.

Becky
    CS could give a rip.

http://calvinayre.com/2011/03/14/pok...sence-of-bots/

There's an article from last month from your own site. It acknowledges the presence of bots and even includes a quote from the manufacturer saying that they don't believe poker rooms which they support (Bodog) will kick them off. The article is also spun to say the online players "enjoy the presence of bots". We appreciate what Bodog reps do for SBR and other sites and know you're just a liaison most of the time, but being adamant saying that Bodog cares about bot prevention right now just isn't accurate.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 04-10-11 at 08:49 PM.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

becky just kinda came off pretty bad, no?

BodogBecky

CS could give a rip.

http://calvinayre.com/2011/03/14/pok...sence-of-bots/

There's an article from last month from your own site. It acknowledges the presence of bots and even includes a quote from the manufacturer saying that they don't believe poker rooms which they support (Bodog) will kick them off. The article is also spun to say the online players "enjoy the presence of bots". We appreciate what Bodog reps do for SBR and other sites and know you're just a liaison most of the time, but being adamant saying that Bodog cares about bot prevention right now just isn't accurate.
    I'm really happy to see that you are enjoying the articles posted at CalvinAyre.com, that certainly makes me (and Calvin!) very happy. I would like to clarify something though- CalvinAyre.com has nothing to do with bodog.com or any of the other bodog brand licensees. CalvinAyre.com is a pro-gaming industry news, information and lifestyle website. The article you are referring to was an objective piece written by one of the CalvinAyre.com writers about the presence of bots in the online gambling industry in general, it was not written by a bodog writer.

I realize this can be confusing, but I have two completely separate jobs under the direction of Calvin Ayre- 1)Head On-Site Reporter for CalvinAyre.com which is my main job. 2)Global Brand Ambassador for BodogBrand.com which is why you see me on the forums as BodogBecky. I do not speak with Calvin about issues that bodog players have with the bodog brand licensees, I speak directly with the head of each licensee and senior managers. For this thread in particular, I spoke directly with the Bodog Poker Manager about the bots complaints and posted back exactly what he told me which is 100% true.

Thank you,
    Becky

BeerDog99

Thank you for the clarity Becky. I would suggest the Poker Manager might want to assign someone from CS to monitor/respond on bodog issues discussed on this forum.

BodogBecky

Thank you for the clarity Becky. I would suggest the Poker Manager might want to assign someone from CS to monitor/respond on bodog issues discussed on this forum.
    Best advice I can give is to call CS right away when any issues come up. If CS is unable to help to your satisfaction, please send me a PM and let me know what the problem is - I speak directly with the head of each bodog brand licensee and the senior CS managers of each licensee on a regular basis so your issues will be solved quickly.

Thanks,
    Becky

BeerDog99

I am sincerely not trying to be confrontational on this but I think you are missing the point.

I do not personally have a current "issue", therefore I will not be calling CS to try and deal with this. What can I do? I cannot tell if they are bots, and I do not have access to the data on these users/bots. I have played at the tables with some of these "bots" and surprise, my bankroll is on life support. I don't know whether these or other currently unidentified bots took my money, whether it was bad play on my part, bad luck or collusion of people/bots.

The inherent problem is lack of confidence in Bodog taking this issue seriously. Essentially you are asking your users to police your site without the data and access to allow us to do this.

Heck your site seems to actively try and prevent personal hand history and HUD tools (e.g. pokertracker/HEM), the very tools that could be used to help analyze the players/bots and determine if there is a problem.

Do you remember the absolute poker scandal? The biggest issue there (besides the actual company owned superusers) was that the company support denied the issue and did not investigate the issue fully until the user gathered evidence was too much to ignore.

So to summarize, this is not an attack on you Becky, but what it should be is a wakeup call to Bodog to seriously, openly and clearly deal with this issue. We are a small forum of poker players and therefore not overly important to your bottom line, but we are highlighting a problem on a grander scale than us and being identified by a much larger group.

Regards, Chris

sinmiedo

in the mid time i still making mothly witraws, not as much as before, but i do really like the site and win a lot on sng and some torunaments to loose it all in the cash games
    collusion bot and some tilting of my part make it hapens.

dukeman
    dukeman's Avatar Become A Pro!

stars u have a much better winning a live tourny entry they give more away than ft

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

ownage.

12 Last