mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poker Disconnection Issues Again

I have had connection problems with the client in the past and they were dismissed as problems on my end. I switched over to an ethernet line and the same thing transpires. For a second please consider that it is not a problem on my end. I've opened the appropriate ports on my router and I'm running 2 other poker skins at the same time on this computer, a browser and all of them work absolutely fine without any disconnects. I know I'm not the only one experiencing the problems either. There were multiple timeouts today from players at my tables.

Could you please look into this.

Thank you.

Ryangene
    Ryangene's Avatar Become A Pro!

mine is giving me some problems now too.

Can someone from sbr BOOT me from the 3pm est tournament as I entered BUT it's acting up for me and someone else can take the spot.

thanks

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

had to drop out 3pm tourny for same reason

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I've had issues in the past, but not like today, that I can remember. I'm getting DCed every few minutes. The worst was when I had KK, I raised pre-flop, and then it DCed me. The winning hand was a pair of 8s.

yisman

Just happened again. Had A4, ace comes on flop, someone pushes, I call, and then I get DCed. I go back in and it's already folded me. A pair of 10s won.

Might've won this tournament if not for the DCs, because they've cost me at least 3,000 chips, I'd estimate.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

There's either something going wrong with the software or a few of us have dodgy Internet connections.

I wrote about this in Feb I think. Whatever hand I had was good enough for me to go all in. Someone called me (sorry I can't remember you right now but you're in my original post). My hand would've won - according to the other guy - but I wasn't there so he got the pot. When the system finally let me back in, I was down to 200 or so chips because I covered him and then some in the all in.

This was after me being disconnected 15+ times

Sole reason I don't play anymore. Obviously I can't play the contests that exclude SBR employees but that day was brutal. And then to get chucked like that, made me say no more. Again, I thought it was my Internet that was the issue but from reading a few threads I highly doubt we're all on iinet Australia

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    I have had connection problems with the client in the past and they were dismissed as problems on my end. I switched over to an ethernet line and the same thing transpires. For a second please consider that it is not a problem on my end. I've opened the appropriate ports on my router and I'm running 2 other poker skins at the same time on this computer, a browser and all of them work absolutely fine without any disconnects. I know I'm not the only one experiencing the problems either. There were multiple timeouts today from players at my tables.

Could you please look into this.

Thank you.
    what version of windows do you use?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Just from my past experiences and gathering information from several other users, the software is not very compatible with Windows 7. This is a little concerning because more and more people are going to be using this Windows 7 going forward and if SBR wants the poker room to grow, this problem needs to be fixed.

For now, you can try right clicking on the SBR Poker Icon and click properties -
    - compatibility
    - check run this program as
    - start with run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 2
    - apply and experiment with others if that doesn't work.

I'm not guaranteeing a fix, but this basically ended my problem with the disconnections. I even reinstalled Windows 7 again on a computer yesterday and then installed SBR Poker and was getting dropped often. I changed the compatibility and it immediately worked better.

Good luck
    Points Awarded:

Harmy G gave daneblazer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Rod_M gave daneblazer 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

yisman

I am using Windows 7, which could explain it, then.

I wish I had known about your solution before today. I was doing so well and finished 29th thanks to the DCs.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Just from my past experiences and gathering information from several other users, the software is not very compatible with Windows 7. This is a little concerning because more and more people are going to be using this Windows 7 going forward and if SBR wants the poker room to grow, this problem needs to be fixed.

For now, you can try right clicking on the SBR Poker Icon and click properties -
    - compatibility
    - start with run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 2

I'm not guaranteeing a fix, but this basically ended my problem with the disconnections. I even reinstalled Windows 7 again on a computer yesterday and then installed SBR Poker and was getting dropped often. I changed the compatibility and it immediately worked better.

Good luck
    Has to be something like this, the two computers I play on have Vista and XP and I've never been disconnected.

yisman

It really is the fault of the software, too.

I'm using the same computer and the same connection right now to play ESPN poker, and I haven't been disconnected once in 45 minutes.

Also, I've played a bunch of times on PokerStars and ESPN Poker and haven't had DC issues. Only with SBR poker.

mrmarket
    Update your status

what version of windows do you use?
    I'm running Windows 7 professional. I'll try the compatibility fix you mentioned.

Anyway it does seem the common thread with disconnects is people running the program under Windows 7. Please SBR look into making the software compatible. It's not our connections and it's 2011! Time to break out the Windows 98 CD to play the pokerz!
    Last edited by mrmarket; 05-04-11 at 08:23 PM.

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Hope you guys get all this fixed.

yisman

Finally finished. Won the ESPN poker tournament, which took two and a half hours. No disconnects.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

that sucks, very frustrating

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I've noticed that if I leave utorrent open I get disconnected often.

mrmarket
    Update your status

I'm still crashing as much but I just don't care anymore. It doesn't look like it will get fixed anytime soon.

FWIW they mostly occur when the hand is finished and transitioning to another. It's at that moment the software freezes up for me.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

I started using a laptop that has Windows Vista and has been flawless, main desktop has Windows 7 and it was too the point where I stop playing because the d/c were so bad.

So it has to be something with Windows 7 as most are finding.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

I have windows 7 and was disconnected about 15 times today, regardless I made the top 18 players out of 49 entered. I eventually couldn't stand it anymore so went all in with a bad hand and finished in 14th place.

Also I have verizon fios and thats blazing

yisman

I used dane's suggestion and disconnecting is not as much of a problem anymore.

dukeman
    dukeman's Avatar Become A Pro!

i use to have issues with my lap top but it got better have not played lately hope it does no start back up

rake922

- compatibility

Good luck
    I will do this today and report how many disconnects I get

Rod_M
    Rod_M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3329

Great feedback on this thread, we will be reviewing any potential compatibility issues. Thanks.

rake922

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    I will do this today and report how many disconnects I get
    disconnected only once

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Glad this helped some people out. If that solution worked, maybe sticky it for the time being? A lot people use Windows 7 now

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    I've noticed that if I leave utorrent open I get disconnected often.
    FYI, I don't know whether it is just my ISP but every so often, if I have utorrent running (on another computer on my network), my entire network internet access slows to a crawl. I shutdown utorrent and shortly thereafter (~30secs) all internet access/speed is fine again. I then wait a while and start utorrent with no problems.

It seems like intermittently, my ISP severely throttles my internet connection when I am running utorrent.

It is a possibility that this might be a factor for some of the problems experienced by some people.

Cheers.

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Quote Originally Posted by dukeman View Post
    i use to have issues with my lap top but it got better have not played lately hope it does no start back up
    may be its cause your room mates garretman and jarretman are using your lap top and messing things up. your just another points scammer at sbr and nobody cares what you say.