milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

SBR Poker eliminated me without seating?

I had the poker tournament open today, and somehow I got eliminated in 222nd place without playing a hand?
    Something crazy is going on with 80 people gone already

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

If a tournament starts and you don't play for 7 hands, you are eliminated. It is the new no-show policy that is published on the lobby and the Poker Rules page.

You wouldn't be seated if you were that much late.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i'm sure you can tell i was logged in for the last 40 minutes and the table never appeared?

this software gets more and more frustrating every day, i have been playing at bodog/stars/etc etc almost every day for 10 years+ and have never had any freeze ups or stuff like this happen

RUSS28
    RUSS28's Avatar Become A Pro!

just happend to me too. it wouldnt even open the table for me and when i tried i got some error code so i restarted the program and it made me do the latest update again and by the time i got back on i got tossed. what a fuckin joke the ppl at live support seemed like he could give a shit less.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS28 View Post
    just happend to me too. it wouldnt even open the table for me and when i tried i got some error code so i restarted the program and it made me do the latest update again and by the time i got back on i got tossed. what a fuckin joke the ppl at live support seemed like he could give a shit less.
    Hi Russ,

It asked you to update because you never performed the latest full software update. Clicking out of it would lead to errors like this. It's unfortunately required to allow the update process to run once per week (right click-> Run As Admin).

We're sorry you guys didn't get to play. If you're in fact online at the time the tourney starts, and you're certain you performed the latest weekly update, it would mean the connection is bad and the lobby needs to be restarted.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

7 hands??? Wow.....so if your 15min late ur fukd? Should be first 30 minutes

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Doing it by hands in general seems flawed as a table with more no shows will burn those 7 hands much quicker.

SBR Lou

This is a request you guys actually made. =)

When the shoe is on that foot, it sucks, when you're at a table where everybody is folding, the "off with their heads" cries come at about the 7 orbit mark.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    If a tournament starts and you don't play for 7 hands, you are eliminated. It is the new no-show policy that is published on the lobby and the Poker Rules page. You wouldn't be seated if you were that much late.
    this is the dumbest shit sbr has done with there poker , and I dont believe it was asked for by the majority of the players, and if so they did not ask for it to be the first 7 hands, sometimes that could be 3 or 4 mins. at the earliest should be 20 mins , if you want to have this dumb rule in the first place. Hell these people are registering the same day, if they dont show oh well.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

If you simply do not play ie; do not call, raise or even fold then you are not there. If you are not there then guys are waiting every hand for you to play. If you are not there for 7 hands you are gone. Seems fair to me .

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

I had some problems also guys but I got it taken care of. At least I got in on time. I did an update earlier today and it still gave me trouble.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

See, if you guys were ticos, then being 15 minutes late for a tournament would be perfectly acceptable. But since I doubt the majority of you are from Costa Rica, then the problem is simple. Be on time, and there won't be any problems.
    Points Awarded:

Rod_M gave chilidog 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lou

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

it autofolds you if you are gone, so it is not inconvenient to others stupid rule

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

When the shoe is on that foot, it sucks, when you're at a table where everybody is folding, the "off with their heads" cries come at about the 7 orbit mark.
    Good call. Only sign up for a tournament if you know you'll be there on time.

Rod_M
    Rod_M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    See, if you guys were ticos, then being 15 minutes late for a tournament would be perfectly acceptable. But since I doubt the majority of you are from Costa Rica, then the problem is simple. Be on time, and there won't be any problems.
    But that'll be a complete carebarrada mae...

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

We can make it 15 minutes.

But basically we want real people at the table...if you are a little late, like 15 minutes, then OK.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Phil Hellmuth comes to 10k tournaments hours late..............

Sucks I get eliminated cause my haircut ran long.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

I tend to have problems with the SBR poker software pretty often. Freezes or I get disconnected all the time.

JohnnyD4916
    JohnnyD4916's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    it autofolds you if you are gone, so it is not inconvenient to others stupid rule

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I was 15 minutes late for one of the Monday tables and had already been kicked out. I learned my lesson!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lou

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1091

Same shit happened to me on Thursday! Logged in on time, folded the first hand, had to take a shit and when I came back, I'm fuk'in booted off! This is the stupidest fuk'in rule sbr has ever come up with! What wrong with leaving you on auto fold if you can't make it back to the table for a bit?

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Same shit happened to me on Thursday! Logged in on time, folded the first hand, had to take a shit and when I came back, I'm fuk'in booted off! This is the stupidest fuk'in rule sbr has ever come up with! What wrong with leaving you on auto fold if you can't make it back to the table for a bit?
    Yeah, that doesn't seem right, especially if you click auto fold then it should never boot you off.

I like the new rule that it auto kicks people that are not there, but it should wait around 15-20 mins after a tourney starts and whoever has not signed in to play is then auto kicked. If you click auto-fold at anytime during the tourney though, you should never be kicked.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

I freeze all the time and can't even tell usually until nothing happens for a couple minutes. I come back and I'm away. I'm so used to it now I discovered a work around form just restarting the client, I just close out the table find my name in the tournament lobby and re-load my table. This sht is so annoying tho and happens about 10x a tourney at least, more so on the big tourneys. I wanna say mainly when the big blind is about to hit me it freezes.
    Points Awarded:

Lou gave excel 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never had a problem with my dsl connection either, had it for years.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

If a tournament starts and you don't play for 7 hands, you are eliminated. It is the new no-show policy that is published on the lobby and the Poker Rules page.

You wouldn't be seated if you were that much late.
    oh... i didn't know that. i guess i better show up on time from now on.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got eliminated one time with a full house without even seeing the other persons hand. I quit playing SBR poker after that because I just could not believe that the other had a better hand

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

A number of people complained about ghosts at the tables.

SBR reacted with a rule change to address this.

People still complain.

Lesson of the day, you can't please everybody!

It is important to note, all poker sites allow for ghosts at the table, people just have to deal with it. The only thing they do to control this is to limit the pre-signup time and SBR had done that.

Cheers.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

maybe 3 guys requested it? i know i didn't. people are always late for everything.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    That must have been one long crap to get booted for being gone so long

azn624
    Update your status
    azn624's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

was eating and didnt get back in time before I got the boot. I think changing it to 15 minutes would be great as there is enough time for people that signed up and are late and is a good time to boot those that dont make it in that time frame

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    I freeze all the time and can't even tell usually until nothing happens for a couple minutes. I come back and I'm away. I'm so used to it now I discovered a work around form just restarting the client, I just close out the table find my name in the tournament lobby and re-load my table. This sht is so annoying tho and happens about 10x a tourney at least, more so on the big tourneys. I wanna say mainly when the big blind is about to hit me it freezes.

I run into the same issue all the time.
    Points Awarded:

Lou gave RealSlimShady 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

What a bunch of Fkn whiners on this site

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I understand the rule for tournaments where you have a limit on the signups, but you shouldnt have that rule for the tournaments with no limit.

And give people at least 20-30 minutes to show up

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    I got eliminated one time with a full house without even seeing the other persons hand. I quit playing SBR poker after that because I just could not believe that the other had a better hand
    Dumbest post I've ever seen...

It doesn't matter if you could 'believe' it or not... the other hand was better than yours, period.

Stiffs have conspiracy theories now too?

gamemastere
    gamemastere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I love when there is a whole table full of no shows and I am the only one there taking all the blinds winning every hand. this has never happened for me on sbr and now it never will. But I always hoped that it would some day.

Really I wish there was a way I could only be added to the tournament only after the 1st 7 hands were completed. This would have to be some sort of late registration. Its just I always seem to get a somewat decent shoving hand in those 1st few rounds and there I go pushing it allin.

With the WSOP seat up for grabs in may tho I see myself attempting to break this habit. I will also make extra effort to make sure I am on time so I do not get removed by the software.

123 Last