slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

NBC Head's Up Poker Championships.

Anyone catching the NBC Head's Up Poker Championships? They are down to the sweet 16 after today's matches. The next 3 rounds will be on the next 3 Sunday's on NBC from 12pm EST-2pm EST, if anyone wants to catch some awesome TV poker.

I caught the last half of today's episode. I wish they'd rebroadcast it or something, it's really about the best poker on TV, IMHO. Watching Raymer and Negreneau was the most awesome poker I've ever seen on TV. Negreneau is probably the favorite to win this thing, but Raymer really put the screws to Negreneau and forced him to bring his A-game to win the match. Watching Doyle get busted was painful, as a fan of the game, especially with that jerkoff opponent talking trash the whole time as Doyle went down. TJ Cloutier, also one of my favs is up next week against Negreneau next week, so that matchup should be awesome. Check it out, if you get a chance, or better DVR it. Maybe better instruction than any commercial poker video as far reading players while playing HU live.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

i believe msnb rebroadcasts it i think its thursday nghts, but double check just to make sure

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters
    i believe msnb rebroadcasts it i think its thursday nghts, but double check just to make sure
    I hope so, because I wanna watch that Raymer match.

McFly
    McFly's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know CNBC rebroadcasts it Friday nights. Not sure of the time.
    I really enjoy this tournament as well. The Raymer match was fun to watch but I'm not sure of that all-in bluff he pulled on the last hand. He never showed any strength except for the pre-flop raise. Daniel had him pegged pretty good. I also wished Doyle had wiped the floor with the Sheik. I hate that guy. I'm looking forward to the next 3 Sundays....it's fun!

slacker00

McFly, that's just Raymer's style. He seems pretty good at it. One thing for Negreneau is that he'd been taking all-comers at the Wynn for any stake HU. He'd played all the greats and done well, so I expected this HU tournament to have him as a heavy favorite. I used to read Negreneau's blog, around this time last year, but kinda got away from it. One thing about this HU tournament on NBC is that it was played back in March, so if you do any searching online, be careful of finding accidental spoilers if you don't want to know the results. And please don't post spoilers in this thread! I'm still unspoiled, on this event.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is one of the better poker events on TVand i think it is regarded as a very important event by the pro's now with the WSOP becoming a bit of a fiasco , Negreneau made a monster call.

McFly

I agree with the point that the pros view it as their new world series. It's the only tournament left where they actually play against the best in the world and not against some donk who won a $50 satellite. (I don't count Poker Superstars because its structure sucks. It could be good but I don't know why they do it the way they do.)

slacker00

But what if a donk could get into this event via a $50 satellite? I think there's a lot more skill in this event than luck and the donk, err James Woods, will quickly be shown the door.

McFly

Pretty good stuff this past Sunday. I can't believe Ted Forrest sucked out with that A-10 against A-A by splitting the pot with a 5 on the river. I'm glad Arieh got beat. I can't stand that guy. What an idiot. Daniel continues to impress. Nice matchups coming up in the quarters this Sunday.

slacker00

I completely missed last Sunday. I just plain forgot about it. I should set my VCR now, so I don't miss next week!!!

McFly

Slacker - you need to get a DVR man.

McFly

Wow, what a quarterfinals this past Sunday. That Forrest/Farha match was something else. Back and forth and the announcers said that there were like 15 all in and calls during the match. The Negraneau/Sheiky match was sort of anti-climactic. Not sure why Daniel was so mad at Sheiky for going all in on that hand where they both had a straight when there were 3 to a flush on board. I liked the play. Good stuff and I can't wait for next weeks matches.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep i didnt understand that either