mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Latest High Stakes Poker GSN WTF hand

Episode 7 or 8

Laak has AA
    Duahmel has QQ
    Noob has 65

Noob limos...laak raises..duhamel calls...noob calls

flop is 832 rainbow....Duhamel bets...noob raises...laak insta folds....duhamel folds

LOL

Laak insta folds

http://tv.gsn.com/shows/highstakespo...e-12313804dc61

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

That hand was weak but I thought overall this last episode was getting better than the first round of shows from this season.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

sounds like collusion

RANDAZZO
    RANDAZZO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

I couldn't believe how quick he mucked AA

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Just watching the interview after the hand, that Bill Perkins is so full of shit. I claims he put Laak and Duhamel on overpairs when he made the big raise after the flop. More like he found out what they had before the interview and he wants to make it look like he knew what was going on.

BeerDog99

LOL, yep.. Hindsight is 20/20, just ask Mike Matusow.

gambler1270
    gambler1270's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5767

poker

that hand was unreal.do you think tom dwan would of folded Aces there.he would of been licking his chops!

BeerDog99

ya and durrrr would have also not limped/called with that hand nor the 7 5..... LOL both bad plays from the "pros"....

darys
    darys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5435

the link you gave is about 3D poker?

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I would have believed Tom Dwan if he said he put them on overpairs and reraised. I've seen what he's done with 7-2 to win the side promotion.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33438

First of all, you didn't link to the hand. Secondly, while I didn't see the hand myself, from your description Laak's fold is super standard. Here's why:

Laak knows it's highly unlikely for his opponents to be semi-bluffing due to the dryness of the board. The only hand that can do that is 54 and Duhamel probably isn't calling a preflop raise with that hand out of position anyway. It's also highly unlikely for "noob" to be bluffing into two players who have both shown strength. This means Laak's opponents both likely have made hands.

It's possible for one of his opponents to have top pair and another to have a hand like 99, but it's more likely one of them has a set. Furthermore, even if Laak is ahead both of his opponents will fold if he raises, but if he's behind and raises he's going to be on the hook for a lot of money with almost no chance of sucking out.

Two things crossed up Laak here. First is that Duahmel didn't 3bet preflop with QQ. In a vacuum this is a bad play by Duhamel, but by doing so Laak has incorrectly removed big pairs from Duhamel's hand range. The second thing that crossed up Laak is that most players in "noob's" shoes would understand that launching a bluff is suicidal in this spot because both opponents are representing class hands. He got away with it because Duhamel didn't have what he was representing.

Just my opinion... but again Laak's fold is super standard.

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

thank you i forgot about the latest episode

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

What threw me off was how quick he threw it away must have just thought he had a read. I guess there's lots of situations, ala raised three way pots where a pair is no good, even if you started the hand with it making it tougher for a lot of folks to throw it away.