prrmike
    prrmike's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beating Bots

Bots, some people believe they’re out there, others say “baloney.” I’ve talked to players who seem to worry about playing them, as if the bots were Arnold-like Terminators. They say things like, “How do you beat someone who seems never to take chances, vary their play, go on tilt, or even take a piss break?” Let's assume you are at a table and believe you are playing against one. How would you beat a Bot?

QuickLearner
    QuickLearner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Count me as part of the "baloney" contingent. They may be out there, but few, if any, are able to break even. Much less threaten a decent player. I've read the website. Even there they tell you that you'll need to put in 2,500 hours programming the thing before it will win. That's just nuts. I've played a ton of hands at a lot of sites and I can't ever remember meeting a bot.

To answer your question: Bots have one fatal flaw; they can't adjust their play. They will exhibit a pattern. They may play way too tight, folding everything except AA or KK for instance. Or they may be set up to play plenty of hands like suited connectors or all pocket pairs for a single bet, or whatever. As soon as you notice the pattern you can adjust to it. Even if they're as smart as the Type 6 Cylon babe from Battlestar Gallactica, if their play never varies you can win.

Just think how you'd play against anybody who played too tight, etc. Remember that bots don't chat, either. So if you think somebody's a robot, just tell them you'll report them unless they say something. Then follow through and do it. Take down the hand number and ask support to investigate. They will.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

bots are out there this not fiction but proven. They play limit mostly .....so avoid them by playing nl........I think you could possibly beat them by bluffing more as most bots would probably be rock like, and taking advantage of players who call it all the way with poor hands jmo

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by scottyy11
    bots are out there this not fiction but proven. They play limit mostly .....so avoid them by playing nl........I think you could possibly beat them by bluffing more as most bots would probably be rock like, and taking advantage of players who call it all the way with poor hands jmo
    Excellent post, Scotty. Bots are basically mechanized "rocks". Beat a bot the same way you beat a rock: steal every chance you get, and if they get aggressive only play back with the nuts.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

apperently there is a bot playing 100- 200 limit on ps....... its name neverlose

biggs
    biggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters
    apperently there is a bot playing 100- 200 limit on ps....... its name neverlose
    have you or anyone reported this to support?

If you are quite certain that you spotted a bot playing on any reputable site, your best bet would be to report it.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

neverlose is not a bot..........he is a pro won a few big tourns.........used to always be on doyles playin 100-200, unless this is diff user with same name but i doubt it

Jerseyjoe
    Jerseyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bots are for real. Several poker rooms have been shut down for them. At least that's the word on several "blacklist" sites.
    Can't say I know for sure if I ever played against one.