Matt Landes
    Matt Landes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

College Football Week 7 - Old Friends in High Places: A Point Blank Community

Alright, guys - here's our college football thread for the upcoming week. Due to a tidal wave of personal and work obligations I'll likely have to keep thread kickoff messages shorter than would be ideal (depending on your perspective) over the next few weeks, but will always prioritize being here to get the ball rolling and participating in the conversation when there might be something of value to add. Speaking of getting the ball rolling, off we go....

Hendrixfan
    Hendrixfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Thank you for laying the foundation, hopefully we can build some walls.

Matt Landes

Betting on the Trojans has torn down more walls than it's built this season, but I'm on them at -7 this week. This is one of their best spots in two years, as they're coming off their first regular-season bye since the 2016 and have developed quite the home/away splits under Clay Helton. While the splits aren't a positive, they don't hurt when USC is at home. And those splits might become even more pronounced after a Colorado team somehow ranked in the top 20 by the AP and coaches but virtually nobody else. USC is the more battle-tested team, the better-rested team, and the vastly more talented team. They're also under-coached, which keeps the wager amount in check, but if they stay out of their own way it shouldn't be a nail-biter at the Coliseum on Saturday night.

Also on Iowa State +7 with a small ML play in the mix as well. After an early slate featuring the Youngstown States and Kansases of the world, it could be a rude awakening for West Virginia to encounter legitimate competition in a rowdy road environment.

Stephen Murrin
    Stephen Murrin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

[QUOTE=Matt Landes;28105851]Betting on the Trojans has torn down more walls than it's built this season, but I'm on them at -7 this week. This is one of their best spots in two years, as they're coming off their first regular-season bye since the 2016 and have developed quite the home/away splits under Clay Helton. While the splits aren't a positive, they don't hurt when USC is at home. And those splits might become even more pronounced after a Colorado team somehow ranked in the top 20 by the AP and coaches but virtually nobody else. USC is the more battle-tested team, the better-rested team, and the vastly more talented team. They're also under-coached, which keeps the wager amount in check, but if they stay out of their own way it shouldn't be a nail-biter at the Coliseum on Saturday night.

Also on Iowa State +7 with a small ML play in the mix as well. After an early slate featuring the Youngstown States and Kansases of the world, it could be a rude awakening for West Virginia to encounter legitimate competition in a rowdy road environment.
    I really like Col Qb Montez 75.2 completion and Wideout Shenault. USC take a lot of penalties 7 I think too many points. I really like Iowa St pick. USC I dont trust

BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 191 pts

BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 134 pts

twrex
    twrex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

GAMEDAY thoughts, home dogs I like, LSU, Oregon, both. Could win outright, points a bonus. Road dog, southern miss, north Texas coming back to earth, southern miss can play a little. Iím playing Texas A&M, and Florida, they seem solid on road to me, although South Carolina burned me last week vs. Missouri.

Matt Landes

Quote Originally Posted by twrex View Post
    GAMEDAY thoughts, home dogs I like, LSU, Oregon, both. Could win outright, points a bonus. Road dog, southern miss, north Texas coming back to earth, southern miss can play a little. I’m playing Texas A&M, and Florida, they seem solid on road to me, although South Carolina burned me last week vs. Missouri.
    Very well played. Hope to see the momentum carry into Week 8, with a fresh thread now live here.