Point Blank
    Point Blank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2042

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    one assist, eight turnovers for michigan. That can't continue. 2/13 from three and if you know michigan, that certainly can continue.
    Something this endeavor creates on occasion - I will be rooting for my Loyola Under 62.5 ticket to lose. This is just so great to watch from a basketball purists standpoint.

puffkit
    puffkit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1314

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Something this endeavor creates on occasion - I will be rooting for my Loyola Under 62.5 ticket to lose. This is just so great to watch from a basketball purists standpoint.
    Bite your tongue Dave....nothing wrong with a 62-61 loyola win

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by puffkit View Post
    Bite your tongue Dave....nothing wrong with a 62-61 loyola win
    But now a serious question for everyone that is involved - if it is tied 62-62 in the final minute, who are you rooting for? In the meantime, I am waiting for Beilein to shake things up and show some 1-3-1 zone; the Michigan defense isn't causing Loyola any discomfort at this stage...

Lago
    Lago's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1413

But now a serious question for everyone that is involved - if it is tied 62-62 in the final minute, who are you rooting for?
    I'm thrilled with that scenario! Already tore up my michigan ticket. But I teased the game Loyola +9.5 and michigan -1 to the over 125. OT tied at 62 would be almost perfect. That aside I want Loyola vs Nova

puffkit

But now a serious question for everyone that is involved - if it is tied 62-62 in the final minute, who are you rooting for? In the meantime, I am waiting for Beilein to shake things up and show some 1-3-1 zone; the Michigan defense isn't causing Loyola any discomfort at this stage...
    Think this is a bit of a cant lose...... i love beilein but how can you not pull for loychi? This is their shot....there will be others for beilein.....i grabbed +5.5 at last break

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by puffkit View Post
    Think this is a bit of a cant lose...... i love beilein but how can you not pull for loychi? This is their shot....there will be others for beilein.....i grabbed +5.5 at last break
    The one theme that is emerging is just how much the ball pressure from Simpson helps to set up the Michigan defensive package. Everything Loyola has had to do down the stretch has started a little further from the basket, creating tougher passing and driving lanes. And for now, it looks like he will be guarding Jalen Brunson or Devonte Graham for some Monday night adventure.

Lago

The way this tournament has gone, Michigan will miss a bunch of free throws, and Loyola will score to back door the number.

puffkit

The one theme that is emerging is just how much the ball pressure from Simpson helps to set up the Michigan defensive package. Everything Loyola has had to do down the stretch has started a little further from the basket, creating tougher passing and driving lanes. And for now, it looks like he will be guarding Jalen Brunson or Devonte Graham for some Monday night adventure.
    Well got the u62.5 but tough beat on u125.5 .....no reason loychi to make that last foul

catsanddogs
    catsanddogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

So whatís the opening line for Monday?
    Nova -7 ... -6?

Lago

looks like 6.5 145

Lago

My gut reaction to the total is over. Villanova could come out and do the same thing to Michigan. When they are draining 3's like that, 145 could be toast by halftime. I don't know how michigan keeps this game in the 60's but that is their only chance.

coolfish7
    coolfish7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

My gut reaction to the total is over. Villanova could come out and do the same thing to Michigan. When they are draining 3's like that, 145 could be toast by halftime. I don't know how michigan keeps this game in the 60's but that is their only chance.
    And even if they keep it in the 60s, their poor FT shooting could certainly doom them as well in a close game, vs Nova who is among the best. That makes me lean Nova as well.

Lago

I'm on a split ticket today on Baltimore -110 and over 8.5. The orioles top 4 hitters are something like 4/30 with one rbi through two games. It's a very cloudy day so the hitters should see the ball well. After two games of live pitching I think the at bats should get a little tighter. Gausman has typically been a slow starter for Baltimore while Berrios has seen this lineup 2x for a 4.67 era. Expecting the orioles hitters to wake up for a 6-5 type game.

catsanddogs
    catsanddogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

Grab a 7 on Michigan while you can.

Point Blank

A lot of intrigue across the MLB and NBA Sunday boards - time to see Ohtani take the mound, gauge whether the markets are correct in disliking Steven Matz this much (or is it as much admiration for Luke Weaver), and have fun with some NBA all-ins for the playoff chase going on in Los Angeles, New Orleans, Minnesota and Denver. There is one that has gone to pocket in Detroit that is worth kicking around -

In the Sights, Sunday MLB…

If the MLB powers that be insist on starting this early we can at least take advantage of some of the consequences, and that will lead to #976 Detroit/Pittsburgh First Half Under (1:10 Eastern) this afternoon, with reasonable 4.5’s easy to find.

It will literally be a frigid day for baseball to be played, the first pitch just a couple of degrees above freezing, and the temperature isn’t expected to reach 40 until later in the afternoon. That gives a big edge to budding-ace Michael Fulmer and the developing Trevor Williams, who has some upside. They have the ability to get into a rhythm as each inning unfolds, all the while facing batters that don’t have much opportunity while emerging from a cold dugout. The fact that both throw heavy sinkers is also a plus, especially into offenses that aren’t dynamic, despite the wild opener that they played on Friday.

I am going to take the bullpens out of play, with concern about any pitcher having to loosen up quickly, but will trust the starters to make a couple of good passes through the lineup vs. hitters that will be out of sync about in having already had two postponements in this series, and may struggle to get their hands warm at the plate today.
    Last edited by Point Blank; 04-01-18 at 10:10 AM.

coolfish7
    coolfish7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

Quote Originally Posted by catsanddogs View Post
    Grab a 7 on Michigan while you can.
    7 is a bit higher than what KenPom has, but do you think the market moves back to 6 before seeing 7.5? I would think the dominating fashion of Nova's win (and it being the more prime time of the two games) stands out greater in the betting public's mind than the Michigan comeback, and so the market would tend to slide back to Nova?

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by coolfish7 View Post
    7 is a bit higher than what KenPom has, but do you think the market moves back to 6 before seeing 7.5? I would think the dominating fashion of Nova's win (and it being the more prime time of the two games) stands out greater in the betting public's mind than the Michigan comeback, and so the market would tend to slide back to Nova?
    There is an early confidence among some shop owners that the 6.5/7 realm may be a safe one for them - they have already seen action from folks they respect on each side. And it does make a bit off sense - Villanova the team that is a little too good tools getting backed, and Michigan being the team that is a little too good to lose contact in a game also having supporters. I will have to sit on the sidelines with my "Lay -4/Take +9" grading and spend more time doing advance work on the Monday MLB pitchers...

GoUCBears
    GoUCBears's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

I've been catching up on game summaries from yesterday and reading that Phillies' manager Gabe Kapler called for reliever Hoby Milner in the third inning who hadn't thrown a warm up pitch so Kapler was delaying on the mound and the Braves manager who complained got ejected by the umpire Jerry Lane. Lane said he was trying to protect Hoby Milner's health.

First I lose money on the Thursday Phillies' disaster. Now this comes up. Kapler the first manager to be fired?

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by GoUCBears View Post
    I've been catching up on game summaries from yesterday and reading that Phillies' manager Gabe Kapler called for reliever Hoby Milner in the third inning who hadn't thrown a warm up pitch so Kapler was delaying on the mound and the Braves manager who complained got ejected by the umpire Jerry Lane. Lane said he was trying to protect Hoby Milner's health.

First I lose money on the Thursday Phillies' disaster. Now this comes up. Kapler the first manager to be fired?
    It is a genuine issue already - there are a lot of baseball folks that openly questioned whether Kapler was ready for this job when he was first hired, and the membership of that club has increased exponentially since then.

omarlittle
    omarlittle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Hi Dave ,
    With Houston having everything wrapped up , Iím really curious to see what kind of intensity they bring to todayís contest in San Antonio. Obviously the spurs have a lot to play for, what type of effort do you see coming from the Rockets ?

Lago

I'm on a split ticket today on Baltimore -110 and over 8.5. The orioles top 4 hitters are something like 4/30 with one rbi through two games. It's a very cloudy day so the hitters should see the ball well. After two games of live pitching I think the at bats should get a little tighter. Gausman has typically been a slow starter for Baltimore while Berrios has seen this lineup 2x for a 4.67 era. Expecting the orioles hitters to wake up for a 6-5 type game.
    Big oops on the O's today. I don't often quote myself but through six innings the orioles have managed one hit! Hoping to get bailed out by minnesota who might get the over by themselves

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by omarlittle View Post
    Hi Dave ,
    With Houston having everything wrapped up , I’m really curious to see what kind of intensity they bring to today’s contest in San Antonio. Obviously the spurs have a lot to play for, what type of effort do you see coming from the Rockets ?
    It is a perplexing read. Had the Rockets coasted past the Suns on Friday, I could see this as being a glorified scrimmage, but because they were so lethargic in that game does that change the focus here a little? Might Mike D'Antoni be wary of this team turning in two bad games in a row, and seeing some of those good habits get away? I do expect the Spurs to bring it, but don't see any value at this price point, especially with the Houston focus questions being difficult for me to sort through.

Point Blank

Big oops on the O's today. I don't often quote myself but through six innings the orioles have managed one hit! Hoping to get bailed out by minnesota who might get the over by themselves
    The Baltimore bullpen is right on track for you, and since they travel to Houston tomorrow there is no reason for Buck Showalter to waste a good arm the rest of the way.

Point Blank

Here is one for the Bad Beat Hall of Fame (I had no involvement and hope no one here did either, unless of course you were on the right side of it):

Cubs/Marlins 1st Half Under 4.5

Game was 0-0 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 5th...

Lago

I've luckily had limited involvement thus far but seems to me players aren't ready to start the season. Just like football because nobody does anything in training camp anymore, it takes two games to be 'game ready'. I get it is really tough to hit in chilly temperatures. The orioles have had darn near perfect conditions. Many of the pitchers seem totally unprepared evidenced by all the blown leads.

ligastar
    ligastar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3668

Here is one for the Bad Beat Hall of Fame (I had no involvement and hope no one here did either, unless of course you were on the right side of it):

Cubs/Marlins 1st Half Under 4.5

Game was 0-0 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 5th...

It was actually 1-0 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 5th... but yes a bad beat.

Lago

Good call on the pittsburgh detroit under. They didn't even crack the over in combined hits let alone runs. With the cold temperatures and bats do we double down on the under in game 2?

Lago

forgive me,

Yankees blow 4-1 lead

bullpens having a tough time three days into the season

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by ligastar View Post
    Thank for the heads up - one of the joys of early MLB Sundays is a nice elliptical sessions while having so many screens going, and I missed my tracking on one that was not a priority. Much like the players, managers and umpires, I need to get the mind into game-shape for these days.

Point Blank

Good call on the pittsburgh detroit under. They didn't even crack the over in combined hits let alone runs. With the cold temperatures and bats do we double down on the under in game 2?
    I can't fault it with a full 9 still out there, although it is bit of a a wild card to project - both teams have afternoon games on Monday, which can impact the bullpen use. If either side falls behind significantly it could be a "take one for the team" in the latter stages, which can be ominous for these two middle relief corps, and that reduces the investment amount to just being moderate (and I don't know enough about Carpenter to trust it all to First Five).
    Last edited by Point Blank; 04-01-18 at 04:54 PM.

RMFT
    RMFT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 912

Quote Originally Posted by ligastar View Post
    As a Cubs fan, whatís really concerning is they just kicked off the season by splitting a series with the Marlins...

ligastar
    ligastar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3668

Quote Originally Posted by RMFT View Post
    As a Cubs fan, what’s really concerning is they just kicked off the season by splitting a series with the Marlins...
    Maybe the Marlins will be the 2017 Twins...

First 12