Point Blank
    Point Blank's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

PB (12/7): Will the Saints Keep Marching in vs. the Atlanta Defense

Will the Saints Keep Marching In vs. the Falcons Defense…Bowling for Dollar$ brings even more opportunities…Time to focus in on The Nets attitude on altitude…

Point Blank – December 7, 2017

Bringing the NFL Thursday game to the forefront as a talking point has helped showcase the landscape of handicapping approaches into play this season, so no reason to not take it all the way to the end – though the games have rarely been good, there have been some significant talking points in play. Tonight the game should be good, and I believe we can make money from it.

Much like Dallas on Thursday, Seattle on Sunday and Cincinnati on Monday in the prime-time settings on last week’s board, we once again have a home side that is going to play with about as much energy as they can bring. The issue, of course, is whether that energy translates to playing well, and for the Falcons this season that has not always been the case.

Item: The Sark Arc, a dozen games in

From the Atlanta team preview back in the summer through several appearances in the daily in-season columns, the transition from Kyle Shanahan to Steve Sarkisian as Falcons OC has not only been the biggest talking point for the team, but one of the biggest across this season. There was the potential for this to not work out very well, and in truth it hasn’t. Let’s look at the base stats, and also the Football Outsiders adjusted ratings, to break it down:

Season PPG YPP Ryan PR FO Total FO Run FO Pass
    2016 33.8 6.7 117.1 1 6 1
    2017 22.8 6.1 94.5 6 8 9

That is quite a substantial decline given that the players in the offensive huddle are basically the same. There might have been a decline even if Shanahan had returned because the 2016 performance was among the best in NFL history, but to lose 11 points per game and more than a half yard for each snap of the ball is a major extreme.

To put it into a proper handicapping perspective so much of this is about game-planning. Atlanta has a lot of tools that are distributed across the board in a way that there is also a lot of balance (get ready for this to be a running theme for both sides tonight). In 2016 it meant the opportunity to game plan around whatever weaknesses the opposition had and take advantage, and they did. In 2017 it means the same thing, but the week-to-week creativity has been lacking, not because Sarkisian is a bad offensive coach, but that he simply doesn’t have the NFL experience to be adept at the fine tuning.

Hence the notion that the Falcons will play hard tonight, and might indeed play well. But for them in 2017, even playing well has not translated to the offensive side of the scoreboard.

Meanwhile the Saints are coming close to maximizing, averaging more than a full TD more per game than the Falcons despite getting one-third of a yard less per play. How they are doing it matters…

Item: Understanding what Ingram/Kamara mean

The running theme set for New Orleans from back in the summer through today was how much improved this defense would be, and let’s use the same chart as the Atlanta offense to set the perspective:

Season PPG YPP Opp PR FO Total FO Run FO Pass
    2016 28.4 6.0 98.1 31 23 30
    2017 20.3 5.4 86 11 27 5

But that is only a part of the story as to 9-3 has become the tally after a dozen games. There is also the matter of how they struck gold with Alvin Kamara in the third round of the draft, and the way that his versatility has blended with Mark Ingram to create havoc for opposing defenses. The numbers are superb when you consider that one fourth of the regular season remains to be played:

Player Rush Att Rush Yds YPR Rec Rec Yds
    Ingram 180 922 5.1 42 255
    Kamara 86 606 7.0 60 614

There is the potential for the duo to finish with over 2,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards, which is ever so rare, and those yards per rush counts are also at a special level. But this isn’t about splitting rushing and receiving; to properly understand this offense so many of those pass plays need to be understood as extended runs, the ball getting to the RBs in space by a toss from Drew Brees instead of a handoff.

Brees, of course, is loving this. Because so much of the load can be handled by those two RBs it makes his job far more about diagnostics than having to use his arm, and Brees has been masterful at isolating mismatches. In turn look at what it has done to his numbers – the 71.5 percent completions are a career high, the 1.2 percent interception rate a career low, and the 3.6 sack% is his lowest since 2011.

Here is why it can matter so much tonight – the Falcons have to prepare for this unorthodox offense on a short week; they are doing it for the first time; and they are doing it with a defense that rates #31 on the Football Outsiders charts against the run.

Note that the focus on “first time” matters. Despite being in the same division these teams have not met yet, and will go head-to-head twice over the final four games. That is why I put an extra emphasis in looking at how the Carolina defense would hold up against the Saints last Sunday, the Panthers not only the first team to get a second look at Ingram/Kamara, but also doing it with the #7 FO defense, including #5 against the run. It did not work out well for them.

The two Saints RBs had 35 touches for 248 yards in that game, 145 yards on 23 runs (a robust 6.3), and also 103 yards through the air on 12 receptions. If that was what happened to a good defense against the run on a second look with the full prep time, what happens to a far weaker unit 0n the first pass, with limited film study? I believe it brings opportunity, especially because the marketplace has helped.

This game opened at Pinnacle with New Orleans pick’em -124. Severealother properties use the Saints -1, with the total at 54.5. Now it is Atlanta -1 and 51.5 across most of the Thursday morning trading. Essentially the markets are betting on the Falcons defense/against the Saints offense, based on those moves. And note that while some of that may have been a result of Ingram missing two days of practice to rest an injured toe, he was upgraded to probable this morning. What that has done is open up value for #101 New Orleans Team Total Over (8:25 Eastern). We are not going to see 24 get out there, which would lead to a full play, but Pinny is sitting on 24.5 this morning, which will be where most others will post, and that is more than fair value for this matchup.

(UPDATING: since the first posting there has been a significant Atlanta surge in the markets, including some 2.5 getting out there, so perhaps a New Orleans TT of 24 showing might not be out of the question after all.)

And since I know the habits of many of you, which means looking up and down the bowl card while watching Saints/Falcons, there is something you can be getting prepared for…

Item: Get an even bigger payout for picking bowl winners

The good folks at SBR have put together a Bowl Contest that you want to be a part of, and they have made it about as easy as possible to get in play. Winning not only brings you a direct financial reward, but perhaps even as important are the bragging rights over your peers, which brings an immeasurable ego bonus.

Item: The Nets settle in to Mexico City

After bringing whether or not the Thunder sent out a “buy signal” from their win over the Jazz into discussion here yesterday, there are obviously some thoughts of wanting to get into play – OKC has failed to cover the last eight times in the favorite’s role, which has the pricing at a low market plateau. But the setting in Mexico City vs. Brooklyn is a bit awkward, and will have me watching closely from the Nets side of the equation.

Here is the gist: this is not a one-off for Kenny Atkinson and his team, but instead a two-game trip, the second vs. the Heat on Saturday, and since they count as home games for the Nets they are trying to make the best of it. They were able to get to Mexico City a day earlier than the Thunder, which can matter in terms of acclimation, the games being played at an altitude of 7,382 feet, nearly half a mile higher than Denver.

Some of the fascination comes from the fact that Brooklyn is #3 in the NBA in pace. Will Atkinson choose to play the same way, keeping his foot on the pedal? If he does might we see both teams gassing out tonight in the second half? Keep in mind that both are fresh coming in, the Thunder only playing their fourth game in 12 days and Brooklyn only having had home-and-home matchups with Atlanta over the past week. And what might it mean on Saturday, when the Nets will have had several days to practice and play, including getting familiar with Ciudad de Mexico Arena? The Heat are traveling to Mexico City today, after losing 117-105 at San Antonio last night.

There isn’t anything worth betting in this one, but there is plenty to see, and it is in the process of identifying opportunities for future plays that time can be well spent.

And for your listening pleasure…

This week’s House of Yards is also ready to go, Matt Landes and myself taking you through the key NFL showdowns, the new Pac 12 coaches from a USC insider’s perspective, and also a look at what some of the issues will be if the Supreme Court opens the door for legal sports wagering, something that allowed me to go on a tangent from days not all that long ago across some fascinating landscapes (oh those lovely times of afternoon coffee with the ETESA ministers in Bogota).

If you want to know when PB is ready to go each day, as well as following along for some of the most important Sports Betting news as in unfolds, make @Vegaspointblank a part of your routine.
    Last edited by Point Blank; 12-07-17 at 11:25 AM.

DrunkHorseplayer
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2658

Tout go home.

Point Blank

And since Thunder/Nets will be under the microscope today, note that Paul George will not play for the Thunder, a calf injury having been aggravated. With Jerami Grant also out, that does impact their depth in a way that could come into play at this altitude.

Jspidey
    Jspidey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Dave

If saints+3 shows do wee grab some? I kno atl is definitely a home team but 4 point swing seems like no brainer jus from market standpoint

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Jspidey View Post
    Dave

If saints+3 shows do wee grab some? I kno atl is definitely a home team but 4 point swing seems like no brainer jus from market standpoint
    Yes, but I think a guy is going to have to be very quick on the trigger - if they show they are not going to last long.

josephbacaltos
    josephbacaltos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Hi Dave,

After reading you for the last few years and asking questions in previous spots and the previous Facebook layout, I have decided to register an account here. Thanks ahead of time for answering any questions I have moving forward and best of luck!

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by josephbacaltos View Post
    Hi Dave,

After reading you for the last few years and asking questions in previous spots and the previous Facebook layout, I have decided to register an account here. Thanks ahead of time for answering any questions I have moving forward and best of luck!
    Thanks Joseph. The flow here does make it easier to get info posted and discussed, even if the windshield does inevitably get some splattering as we drive on down the road.

shivaseven
    shivaseven's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Dave, couldn't help but notice the massive shift in the markets with regards to the Eagles. Last week at one point they hit -6 in the markets and now they're a road dog at about +2.5 versus the Rams. That's an 8.5 point swing and I'll tack on an extra point with regards to the relative HFAs of the Rams (3.0) and Seahawks (4.0) and subtract 2.0 points for a higher power rating for the Rams. It's a bit convoluted but judging the markets on their peaks and lows the line has moved at least a touchdown on the Eagles in the course of one week. Last week they were world beaters and now ... Do you think the markets are over reacting? Do you think that with the Eagles staying out on the west coast it's a chemistry building move? Is this a statement game for the Eagles?

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by shivaseven View Post
    Dave, couldn't help but notice the massive shift in the markets with regards to the Eagles. Last week at one point they hit -6 in the markets and now they're a road dog at about +2.5 versus the Rams. That's an 8.5 point swing and I'll tack on an extra point with regards to the relative HFAs of the Rams (3.0) and Seahawks (4.0) and subtract 2.0 points for a higher power rating for the Rams. It's a bit convoluted but judging the markets on their peaks and lows the line has moved at least a touchdown on the Eagles in the course of one week. Last week they were world beaters and now ... Do you think the markets are over reacting? Do you think that with the Eagles staying out on the west coast it's a chemistry building move? Is this a statement game for the Eagles?
    Because that matchup is so compelling I am going to bring it in as the lead on Friday, and relegate the promised deeper dive on the Vikings to a second slot. I am an Eagle purchaser at +3, another of those items that a guy will have to be quick on the trigger to get to because I don't think any that do show will last long.

I thought the Eagles played awfully well at Seattle on Sunday, though some pure individual brilliance by Russell Wilson was the primary color on the scoreboard. But there is something about SoCal that I believe will be a plus - Doug Pederson talked openly about how he felt his team had practiced poorly two weeks in a row, which led to 18 penalties across the Bears/Seahawks games, and that may indeed lead to a sharper focus this week. Note that they are staying and practicing in Anaheim, which is not impacted by the fires in the L.A. area, but that the Rams had to turn their expected full practice on Wednesday into only a walk-through. That can make a bit of a difference.

I am a taker at +3 for now, and will decide near kickoff if I am also a taker at +2.5 for a lesser investment.

DoggyJuice
    DoggyJuice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Dave,

Fantastic work as always. Your stories from Latin America in the podcast with Matt are incredibly fascinating. I know that I'm not alone in saying that you really do need to write a book! My younger sister currently lives and works in Medellín - she has nothing but great things to say about the wonderful people there. It is a real shame how negatively some Americans perceive that region of the world.

Your take on the SCOTUS case also touched on the very point that few are talking about regarding all of the potential hands that will want a "scoop" from the cookie jar. That case has been and will continue to be a very interesting follow due to the impact that the decision will have on a variety of other issues. For those that are interested in the subject, here is a read from the front lines on Monday:

http://www.scotusblog.com/2017/12/ar...ports-betting/

Also, audio of oral arguments are typically available to listen to on the Supreme Court's website within a week after they take place.

spindoc932
    spindoc932's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Dave- what is the name of the song at the end of the House of Yards podcast?

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyJuice View Post
    Dave,

Fantastic work as always. Your stories from Latin America in the podcast with Matt are incredibly fascinating. I know that I'm not alone in saying that you really do need to write a book! My younger sister currently lives and works in Medellín - she has nothing but great things to say about the wonderful people there. It is a real shame how negatively some Americans perceive that region of the world.

Your take on the SCOTUS case also touched on the very point that few are talking about regarding all of the potential hands that will want a "scoop" from the cookie jar. That case has been and will continue to be a very interesting follow due to the impact that the decision will have on a variety of other issues. For those that are interested in the subject, here is a read from the front lines on Monday:

http://www.scotusblog.com/2017/12/ar...ports-betting/

Also, audio of oral arguments are typically available to listen to on the Supreme Court's website within a week after they take place.
    I have such fond memories of Medellin, the "City of the Eternal Spring", and the beauty both of that valley and the surrounding mountains. The race track mentioned on the show would make for some great story telling - it was "up over the hill", into what was a boundary-less area back when FARC was at the height of power, but one of the key gentlemen behind the track was a prominent horse owner that was also on the negotiating team between FARC and the Colombian government, which made it an unofficially "protected" area. They ran races on Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons, and those Saturdays brought so much charm - much like a County Fairgrounds racing meet. There were vendors with food carts, far more families with children than we would see at a U.S. track, and the opportunity to experience Colombian culture in a way that is rarely presented here in the United States. Sadly it is no longer in operation.

Because of the spirit of the people, and the inspirations from the dramatic landscape, the contributions to literature (Marquez), art (Botero) and theatre (Buenaventura) have been substantial. And to properly understand Medellin, and the year-round spring of that valley, around 65% of all cut flowers sold in the United States each day come from Colombia, and most of them from that particular region. It is a special place, and I miss it, hopefully with the opportunity to return some day.
    Last edited by Point Blank; 12-07-17 at 01:53 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DoggyJuice

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by spindoc932 View Post
    Dave- what is the name of the song at the end of the House of Yards podcast?
    That is "Get Up, Get Out, and get Lost" by the Hambones, humbly and graciously used with their permission.
    Last edited by Point Blank; 12-07-17 at 02:00 PM.

Champthinks
    Champthinks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

David
    In regard to this bowl contest
    U state..' direct financial reward '
    1st prize is 7500 free play .
    I and probably several others are not that familiar with SBR and the exact value of free play and how and where it would be used and for what if any thing .
    Don't mind entering the contest if there is actual monetary reward but at this point I have no idea if its worth my time or not .
    Can u elaborate on the actual financial benefit of winning the thing .

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Champthinks View Post
    David
    I and probably several others are not that familiar with SBR and the exact value of free play and how and where it would be used and for what if any thing .
    Don't mind entering the contest if there is actual monetary reward but at this point I have no idea if its worth my time or not .
    That is something better directed towards the folks that have put the contest together - I will let them know that the question has been asked here, and they can chime in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Champthinks

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 4149

David
    A freeplay must be bet in the SBR Sportsbook. Winnings become unencumbered betpoints.

If you are in the USA, betpoints can be exchanged for goods, giftcards and bitcoin. 7500 betpoints would buy you $300 worth of bitcoin.

If you are outside the USA you can exchange betpoints for sportsbookcash. 7500 would give you $500.

You would need to become a "Pro" member of the forum to do that and have joined the sportsbook through SBR to buy cash there.

Info about the Pro programe can be found by clicking the "Become A Pro" link under your avatar.

BTP
    Week 13
    5-0-0 3168 pts

BTP
    Week 12
    4-1-0 411 pts

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

bdsbr
    bdsbr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good afternoon Dave. Army/Navy total hit hard at the open based on series history but seeing an slight up tick to 47 now. Are the early players buying back to middle? and if so does that warrant a slight investment to the under for those that missed the opportunity earlier. As always appreciate all of your help.

peterose4hof
    peterose4hof's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by bdsbr View Post
    Good afternoon Dave. Army/Navy total hit hard at the open based on series history but seeing an slight up tick to 47 now. Are the early players buying back to middle? and if so does that warrant a slight investment to the under for those that missed the opportunity earlier. As always appreciate all of your help.
    The total likely dropped because of the forecast for snowy conditions at game time.

Minhng87
    Minhng87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Take atl and the over
    You can thanks me later

josephbacaltos
    josephbacaltos's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Dave,

What do you think of SEA/JAX 1H under? JAX has been known to start games out conservatively with the run game this year. I also feel that the Seahawks may approach the game the same way to keep Wilson away from pressure and relying on its defense. I do want to find a way to fade the Jags in this spot but don't want to place several wagers on the same game. I know you mentioned JAX team total under 21 on game day or possibly even a teaser for SEA to +8.5. What do you feel is the best approach out of these options?

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by bdsbr View Post
    I don't have anything at this price point. One of the things I have read across several places this week is the strong trend towards Under in this series, now up to 11 straight, which is logical based on the matchups as long as the markets don't factor them, but also means that by now a lot of folks have become aware of it. I believe that is starting to happen a bit too much now - if you factor in the current line taking the series back the pattern changes, with a pair of 48s hitting the scoreboard in 2010 and 2011. On my numbers there would not have been a chime until 48, and 49 for the bell to ring very loud. So in this instance I believe the markets are doing what they are supposed to, correcting a pattern that has run in a certain direction for a long time. In 2014 the Total closed 56, in 2015 in closed 50.5, last season it closed 47, and now places like Pinnacle, CGT and the Westgate are sitting on 46. This is the market being the market.

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by josephbacaltos View Post
    Hey Dave,

What do you think of SEA/JAX 1H under? JAX has been known to start games out conservatively with the run game this year. I also feel that the Seahawks may approach the game the same way to keep Wilson away from pressure and relying on its defense. I do want to find a way to fade the Jags in this spot but don't want to place several wagers on the same game. I know you mentioned JAX team total under 21 on game day or possibly even a teaser for SEA to +8.5. What do you feel is the best approach out of these options?
    If someone wants to use the Seahawks here, and I can understand the Carroll vs. Marrone and Wilson vs. Bottles elements in a game game, I would consider going the Teaser path, which Matt Landes did on House of Yards, or looking towards the Jaguars TT Under. The problem is that the base value on the game isn't all that great to set those price points up. Given the level of competition faced the Seattle offense has not graded out well on the road, including just 241 yards against the Rams in their toughest trip, and their OL into the Jax defensive front is an ominous matchup. So the Teaser notion or Jags TT Under notions work around that just a bit.

As for purely thinking 1st Half, if we could trust the Seahawks to be able to run the ball and slow the game down it would fit, but I am not sure how well they can do that. Remember one of the talking points from early in the season when they got off 72 snaps in a high tempo game at Tennessee - they thought their most effective offense was to get out and attack with quick passes, trying to negate a pass rush that way, even if it created risks in other areas.
    Last edited by Point Blank; 12-07-17 at 05:27 PM.

jakedittler
    jakedittler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Dave, would you rate the +3 as good or better than the 24.5? Maybe a situation you split them? Judging from your reading in close order it's 24, +3 then 24.5. That fair?

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by jakedittler View Post
    Dave, would you rate the +3 as good or better than the 24.5? Maybe a situation you split them? Judging from your reading in close order it's 24, +3 then 24.5. That fair?
    +3 and Over 24 are so close that I would split them, instead of taking the time to figure out which of the two brings a slight edge. But +3 does beat 24.5 to the point at which it would become a 75-25 ticket.

Eric Nisbet
    Eric Nisbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Dave- My Bookie moved the Atlanta line to minus 3. I took your advice & put the New Orleans Saints in pocket at plus 3. Too good to pass up! Thanks again for all of your advice! It is always greatly appreciated. Go Saints!

Champthinks
    Champthinks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

David. or any one ..u seen a price any where on next weeks Alabama Senate race ?

Point Blank

David. or any one ..u seen a price any where on next weeks Alabama Senate race ?
    I have not looked much, but Paddy Power has Moore -600 and Jones +350.

Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1933

Stop fake bumping this shit. No one wants to read this crap. Pathetic!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 69

It's a hell of a game.. Flip a coin.. Both offenses are potent both defenses are decent.. Home field belongs to Atlanta.. Very slight lean Falcons for me, still debating if I wanna lay down a bet on it.....

BTP
    Week 12
    3-2-0 203 pts

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Halfapointoff View Post
    Stop fake bumping this shit. No one wants to read this crap. Pathetic!
    If you would like to make a wager on how many of the posts are fake this would be an opportune time, with so many in need around the Holidays. How about this - let me know what your Over/Under on the number of fake posts is (you get a chance to play linemaker!), and how much you would be willing to back your opinion. I will designate a charity from my end that you would contribute to, should you take the challenge and lose. If you win you get the cash.

Most folks relish the opportunity to be able to get into the game and back their opinions; in the spirit of the season you have been granted one.

Fidel_CashFlow
    I Bleed Red!!! You Cokksucks
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

Something seems strange about this guy , his posts , the responses
    land just about everything .Plus it's like he says a whole lot just to say
    very little . I'd destroy this dude in handicapping knowledge and I'm only
    a 30 dollar a unit bettor .
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/18/2017

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/14/2017

BTP
    Week 14
    3-1-1 388 pts

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/07/2017

BTP
    Week 12
    3-2-0 195 pts

BTP
    Week 11
    3-1-1 264 pts

Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1933

let me guess who would decide what's fake and what's not.....SBR? Answer please or I rest my case. Pathetic. The posts might not be fake. But since you don't understand what I'm saying.... All these responses on your threads which is 99.9% have 20 or less posts....hmmmmmm...... are not asking you a legitimate question. Only asking for the sake of bumping without actually bumping. Please. Pathetic! Oh, I know, they just all followed you because they are soooo loyal to your writing. He wants the drink of the day? Lol.

jakedittler
    jakedittler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

let me guess who would decide what's fake and what's not.....SBR? Answer please or I rest my case. Pathetic. The posts might not be fake. But since you don't understand what I'm saying.... All these responses on your threads which is 99.9% have 20 or less posts....hmmmmmm...... are not asking you a legitimate question. Only asking for the sake of bumping without actually bumping. Please. Pathetic! Oh, I know, they just all followed you because they are soooo loyal to your writing. He wants the drink of the day? Lol.
    Dave was doing this same thing on another platform. Out of respect I won't name it. He's at a new one now. That has brought people to this site FOR THAT REASON ALONE! Including myself. I only wish I had taken a screen shot of the old forum in its hey day. When a weekend thread would have broken 10,000 views on a regular basis. It's silly we are months in and this bullshit still is a thing. Actually it's sad. Oh well.

Fidel_CashFlow
    I Bleed Red!!! You Cokksucks
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

Quote Originally Posted by jakedittler View Post
    Dave was doing this same thing on another platform. Out of respect I won't name it. He's at a new one now. That has brought people to this site FOR THAT REASON ALONE! Including myself. I only wish I had taken a screen shot of the old forum in its hey day. When a weekend thread would have broken 10,000 views on a regular basis. It's silly we are months in and this bullshit still is a thing. Actually it's sad. Oh well.
    Blah blah blah , go Pro then or stfu
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/18/2017

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/14/2017

BTP
    Week 14
    3-1-1 388 pts

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/07/2017

BTP
    Week 12
    3-2-0 195 pts

BTP
    Week 11
    3-1-1 264 pts

Point Blank

Since you have volunteered, let's use you as an example, and a textbook one, of how irresponsible people will be in posting in a public forum, ultimately denigrating themselves, because they don't spend enough time thinking before posting.

Point Blank is a daily column that has been published for four years. SBR offered the opportunity for a better platform than the original host, along with working on SportsBIT and some other projects, and PB was moved there in July of this year, the lead editorial column each morning over at SBRPicks. When it first began appearing the comments section was based on a Facebook platform, because that has shown to be the best in terms of getting folks to behave responsibly, since the majority of users on Facebook post under their own name, or something that can be tracked. That brings a higher integrity than most Internet forums, albeit still imperfect. But we had an issue in terms of ease of use - especially when it came to readers posting links to outside articles they wanted to refer to, or statistical tables. So SBR decided to use the existing forum platform for comments, even though that lowers the bar significantly, as posts like yours show.

When you say that 99.9% have 20 or less posts, what you are doing are indicting your own lack of knowledge. Many of these readers have been posting for 4 years between the two platforms, and have only joined this forum recently because that is where the comments are being housed. It would not have taken a genius to figure that out, and you would not have needed to hire a private detective. All it would have taken is a little common sense and effort. You did not do that; instead you chose to make a couple of negative posts without putting much thought into them, and the result is that you are now being labeled for it. For folks to develop thoughts without putting effort into them is unavoidable. But for folks to voluntarily put those thoughts into a public forum will bring them the level or ridicule they have earned by doing so.

Buy the ticket, take the ride. Buy a cheap ticket, and the ride will often turn out to be a bumpy one. You have volunteered for the latter, and viewers here are now aware of just how to regard what you say.
    Last edited by Point Blank; 12-07-17 at 08:50 PM.

12 Last