LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Betpoints: 96716

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Let's give some genuine props out where they are due - one of the most respected shops in the industry has put out a full board of NCAA Hoops totals for Friday from the get-go a few moments ago, including the added games. Even with rather low limits, that is an extremely brave thing to do, and it will be interesting to see how far some of these prices move over the next few hours.
    Yes I commented in another thread what Bookmaker did. Did they even put up overnight totals on every game IN-season last year, never mind opening day? Regardless, it is nice to see.

BTP
    Week 8
    5-0-0 461 pts

LT Profits

I shouldn't have to do this again, but let me repeat one more time, and hopefully it is easy enough to grasp. Point Blank has been around for four years at a different platform, and began running on SBR in the middle of July. The entire SBR archive, every article and every post, can be found here. You are not reading comments from folks that have "joined SBR" this week, but those that have registered for this forum because it is different from the other format, which was a Facebook-based posting system.

We started with the Facebook platform to prevent shenanigans, since the way that it identified each poster kept the integrity level high. But there were limitations in terms of posting statistical graphs and links to outside articles that hindered what we were attempting to do. So what are the amazing "discoveries" that folks are making here, without first thinking it through? Only that those who had posted via their Facebook accounts now have to register accounts at SBR this week to post in this setting.

I don't know how to make it any more clear than that.
    Just ignore the trolls. By the way, did you and I participate in a roundtable type podcast a while back at who 2 beton?

BTP
    Week 8
    5-0-0 461 pts

Point Blank
    Point Blank's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 161

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yes I commented in another thread what Bookmaker did. Did they even put up overnight totals on every game IN-season last year, never mind opening day? Regardless, it is nice to see.
    They have which was a surprise to see, although the minute they went up I also had to take them off the screen so that I wouldn't see them. One of the rules of thumb is that I don't want to be overly influenced by numbers that I don't have a crack at, and may not exist tomorrow morning. But kudos to them for doing the work, and being willing to take the risk, even at the opening board limits.

jakedittler
    jakedittler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

What you trolls don't understand is that Dave has been running a column for almost 4 years now. He is one of the smartest bettors on the planet. It has ran Mon-Fri, with the Friday column running for the whole weekend. Dave goes over strategies for long term methods to win. From time to time he also gives out free picks. All the while making it a point to go through and answer every question that every poster brings up, as long as it's a though provoking question, NOT who do you like in x,y, or z. First he was on Pregame, amassing over 100,000 views on a weekend thread. This past July he moved over to SBR. But the column was through a Facebook model and it was extremely inefficient. So this past Monday he moved it over to the main forums. And all the people had to create a SBR account to be able to post in it. Hence the similar dates. If you truly had anything to do with SBR, you would have known this. I personally have met or messaged with some of the posters. And the fact that the posters have class and speak in complete sentences is a testament to the project Dave runs. Not proof its some sort of scam. Point Blank The classiest betting forum in the business by a Mile. So I know it may be hard to believe. But the real proof is that in almost 4 years of running this forum, he hasn't charged for one pick, sold one package or even recommended anybody buy a package. You sir are showing what a real jack ass you are. I recommend sitting back for a while and enjoy the wealth of knowledge given FOR FREE! Or go back to some slime forum and have a blast. This is just laughable at this moment. Puffkit is from the Baltimore area, has great contributions, Matt landes is a USC grad and does a weekly podcast with Dave. I live in Vegas. Google my name Jake Dittler and you will see I'm real. Benjy has been around since the beginning and brings great knowledge. Sportshec8 lives in California and does fantastic work including some fantastic power ratings, while also sharing his computer models stat based ratings. And many more people that I'm probably missing. And we all have worked hard at providing edges to the group, led of course by David Malinsky's wonderful and classy wealth of knowledge. So please, join in or scram!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: goombah

Matt Landes
    Matt Landes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Hey Dave,

It looks like the Colorado ship has set sail, with the +13.5s gone, the +13s going, and most good shops at +12.5. I have a +13 and a ML +380 available, and today's activity would have me inclined to scoop that up, but we've seen game day steam on USC time after time this season. Do you still have any hope of catching a +14 and maybe a ML +400 come Saturday?

Point Blank

Just ignore the trolls. By the way, did you and I participate in a roundtable type podcast a while back at who 2 beton?
    They will be ignored as things get ironed out, but as we shift PB over to this format I don't want any kind of miscommunications to get in the way of what we are trying to do. People that want to find fault always will, of course, but in this case the specific notions that were brought up had zero merit.

We probably did - I go back a long ways with Randy Steinberg, who folks can follow at the Toronto Sun, and I remember doing several things with that group back when he was with them. That seems like about 15 years or so ago, if memory serves me right.

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Landes View Post
    Hey Dave,

It looks like the Colorado ship has set sail, with the +13.5s gone, the +13s going, and most good shops at +12.5. I have a +13 and a ML +380 available, and today's activity would have me inclined to scoop that up, but we've seen game day steam on USC time after time this season. Do you still have any hope of catching a +14 and maybe a ML +400 come Saturday?
    No. I had to cobble together a somewhat unsatisfying plate from what was left form the buffet after others cleaned it out today, ruining the hope that 13.5 would survive until game day (and possibly allow for Col +14 to sneak into play). It would take an upper tier group moving on the Trojans to get it up to -14 now, and I don't know anyone at those levels that are looking to do that this week.

LT Profits

They will be ignored as things get ironed out, but as we shift PB over to this format I don't want any kind of miscommunications to get in the way of what we are trying to do. People that want to find fault always will, of course, but in this case the specific notions that were brought up had zero merit.

We probably did - I go back a long ways with Randy Steinberg, who folks can follow at the Toronto Sun, and I remember doing several things with that group back when he was with them. That seems like about 15 years or so ago, if memory serves me right.
    Ya, early 2000s. Anyhow, continue the great work!

BTP
    Week 8
    5-0-0 461 pts

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by jakedittler View Post
    What you trolls don't understand is that Dave has been running a column for almost 4 years now. He is one of the smartest bettors on the planet. It has ran Mon-Fri, with the Friday column running for the whole weekend. Dave goes over strategies for long term methods to win. From time to time he also gives out free picks. All the while making it a point to go through and answer every question that every poster brings up, as long as it's a though provoking question, NOT who do you like in x,y, or z. First he was on Pregame, amassing over 100,000 views on a weekend thread. This past July he moved over to SBR. But the column was through a Facebook model and it was extremely inefficient. So this past Monday he moved it over to the main forums. And all the people had to create a SBR account to be able to post in it. Hence the similar dates. If you truly had anything to do with SBR, you would have known this. I personally have met or messaged with some of the posters. And the fact that the posters have class and speak in complete sentences is a testament to the project Dave runs. Not proof its some sort of scam. Point Blank The classiest betting forum in the business by a Mile. So I know it may be hard to believe. But the real proof is that in almost 4 years of running this forum, he hasn't charged for one pick, sold one package or even recommended anybody buy a package. You sir are showing what a real jack ass you are. I recommend sitting back for a while and enjoy the wealth of knowledge given FOR FREE! Or go back to some slime forum and have a blast. This is just laughable at this moment. Puffkit is from the Baltimore area, has great contributions, Matt landes is a USC grad and does a weekly podcast with Dave. I live in Vegas. Google my name Jake Dittler and you will see I'm real. Benjy has been around since the beginning and brings great knowledge. Sportshec8 lives in California and does fantastic work including some fantastic power ratings, while also sharing his computer models stat based ratings. And many more people that I'm probably missing. And we all have worked hard at providing edges to the group, led of course by David Malinsky's wonderful and classy wealth of knowledge. So please, join in or scram!
    But how do you really know that Matt Landes is a USC grad? Perhaps those posters are right and I am just making it all up, doing the House of Yards podcast by changing my voice, creating the notion that there are actually two people going back and forth, having developed the ability to sound 25 years younger when needed...
    Last edited by Point Blank; 11-09-17 at 07:52 PM.

LT Profits

North Carolina QB Surratt is OUT tonight, but line is unaffected.

BTP
    Week 8
    5-0-0 461 pts

jakedittler

But how do you really know that Matt Landed is a USC grad? Perhaps those posters are right and I am just making it all up, doing the House of Yards podcast by changing my voice, creating the notion that there are actually two people going back and forth, having developed the ability to sound 25 years younger when needed...
    we have had some real doozies over the years. But this one really takes the cake. It really is sad to be honest, that people have such distrust with the industry that that was the only plausible scenario. In that sense I've been lucky that my entry into this side of the industry (touts and websites, ect) coincided with PB's creation. And this is the only thing I've been a part of.

(P.S. If you are Jake Dittler as well, will you sign my baseball card? Thanks in advance!)

jakedittler

Dave, in the pod I think you talked about looking towards Stanton attempts ov. Does 33.5 seem fair?

puffkit
    puffkit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

dave....question on how high books will go with a big dog in-game.......example is currently ball state at last break was +42(currently down 28).....i've already got niu-27.5 so i'm good with that right now but wondering how high book (BM here) will go...is there a chart or cutoff for them? if i see +45 i can't resist middling b/c ball state can throw a little and have to think backups will be in for NIU with big WMich game next.

Point Blank

Dave, in the pod I think you talked about looking towards Stanton attempts ov. Does 33.5 seem fair?
    That is a little too rich - I was hoping for a 31, and no higher than 32.

Champthinks
    Champthinks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

As always I remain neutral in these debates .
    But .was also thinking that there is a longshot possibility that David is actually both himself and all of us also ? Maybe like 100-1
    but now that David has just admitted that he and Matt may very well be the same person .adjusted price 40-1 . That David is running a fake site here .
    new price 40- 1 that this whole thing is bogus wi

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by puffkit View Post
    dave....question on how high books will go with a big dog in-game.......example is currently ball state at last break was +42(currently down 28).....i've already got niu-27.5 so i'm good with that right now but wondering how high book (BM here) will go...is there a chart or cutoff for them? if i see +45 i can't resist middling b/c ball state can throw a little and have to think backups will be in for NIU with big WMich game next.
    For some situations there just isn't a chart, and that is the problem they face with Ball State. The Cardinals have failed to cover their last 5 games by 39.5, 23.5, 43.5, 14 and 17, a case of the base prices not even coming close, which makes it even more difficult to track them for In-Running. The issue is that they just haven't fought back hard from behind, so it isn't just about any random team being an underdog of +30, but this particular team, which the markets have not been able to catch down to.
    Last edited by Point Blank; 11-09-17 at 10:06 PM.

jakedittler

It felt high to me but I've never made that prop bet before. So I didn't have a feel for it. Plus, Only one book I have has it to begin with. So I'll pass. Thanks.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Champthinks View Post
    As always I remain neutral in these debates .
    But .was also thinking that there is a longshot possibility that David is actually both himself and all of us also ? Maybe like 100-1
    but now that David has just admitted that he and Matt may very well be the same person .adjusted price 40-1 . That David is running a fake site here .
    new price 40- 1 that this whole thing is bogus wi
    Don't feed the trolls, some may take you seriously.

BTP
    Week 8
    5-0-0 461 pts

Point Blank

Don't feed the trolls, some may take you seriously.
    Shhhhhh...I had been sitting here calculating that if I could get down for good limits, even at the worst price offered of 40-1, it would not be difficult to concoct this at a low enough outlay to still have a major edge.

SportsHec8
    SportsHec8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Apparently it doesnít regress.

God this team is dumb.

That is a terrific question, which will bring a not-so-terrifc answer. Might a case be made that because the penalties literally bit the Seahawks on the scoreboard Sunday, might there be even more focus on playing clean tonight? There is logic to that. But there is also the issue of an OL that can't seem to stay set until the snap being out there at night in a dome, where false starts are a little more likely.

That is the long way around saying that I don't have a clue...

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by SportsHec8 View Post
    Apparently it doesn’t regress.

God this team is dumb.
    They try to keep calling it being aggressive, but aggression under the modern rules interpretations just is not optimal football.

jakedittler

Shhhhhh...I had been sitting here calculating that if I could get down for good limits, even at the worst price offered of 40-1, it would not be difficult to concoct this at a low enough outlay to still have a major edge.
    Getting everbody to post from the same IP address is definitely the easy part. That and posting in complete sentences. Which everybody knows is a dead giveaway for one person with multiple names.....

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 622

Looks like I was wrong, the start of this thread looked like most guys trying to go tout with the same guys with join dates talking to each other.

Obviously I was half joking anyways, no one is investigating for rooster pics.

Good luck guys

BTP
    Week 7
    2-1-2 61 pts

puffkit

damn this game is slooooowww........one hour in and there is still 11 minutes left in 2nd!

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 622

Getting everbody to post from the same IP address is definitely the easy part. That and posting in complete sentences. Which everybody knows is a dead giveaway for one person with multiple names.....
    Have you read players talk? Most guys barely know English and that is their first language

BTP
    Week 7
    2-1-2 61 pts

dtp
    dtp's Avatar SBR PRO

You guys have talked more about all of these "trolls" here than the trolls themselves did, this coming from a troll himself (me). However, I've never been accused of being a troll here ever before so this is new for me.

But idk what you guys expect when this thread was filled with all brand new SBR posters and as far as I know there was no explanation given.

On a thread relevant note, does this Dave PB guy actually post plays somewhere or is it all talking back and forth?
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/13/2017

BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 133 pts

Champthinks
    Champthinks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry David but due to the possibility u would have inside info
    U personally would be excluded from action on the
    40-1 U are all of us prop
    To the trolls who think I may be serious
    I think I am

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Champthinks View Post
    Sorry David but due to the possibility u would have inside info
    U personally would be excluded from action on the
    40-1 U are all of us prop
    To the trolls who think I may be serious
    I think I am
    But if I am banned, that just puts pressure on you to figure out which one is the beard, as the money comes to the windows anyway...

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by dtp View Post
    You guys have talked more about all of these "trolls" here than the trolls themselves did, this coming from a troll himself (me). However, I've never been accused of being a troll here ever before so this is new for me.

But idk what you guys expect when this thread was filled with all brand new SBR posters and as far as I know there was no explanation given.

On a thread relevant note, does this Dave PB guy actually post plays somewhere or is it all talking back and forth?
    So you are not familiar with Dave Malinsky? Just do a Google search, he has been around a long time.

BTP
    Week 8
    5-0-0 461 pts

puffkit

seattle's a 2H team......and stanton will only be throwing to catchup.....feel like a couple big plays are coming.....o20 anyone?

jakedittler

Glad you guys were able to come to your senses. What we have had going for almost 4 years now has to be one of best betting forums on the planet. Starting with Dave writing a column talking about different themes over all sports that's some of the most sophisticated topics to help a person learn how to be a winning bettor. On top of that it includes some fantastic music, food and culture to boot. Then there is Multiple posters bringing all kinds of wonderful, actionable information that is top notch. Even better, most of the info comes from the fact that Dave answers damn near every question asked in the comments section, as long as it falls into certain parameters. And so many winning plays come from that alone. And to top it all off, he throws an occasional pick into the mix, one that usually follows along with the lead topic. Hours a day, one of the best is here to give us info, and it's all out of his generosity. Not once ever trying to get people to buy stuff. Just a great place to have a great, sophisticated discussion about gambling. Something I'm sure we all love. So please, feel free to join. The more the merrier IMO. But we strive to not waddle in the muck that so many Internet forums so often dive into. So if that's something you like to do, this isn't the place for you!

dtp
    dtp's Avatar SBR PRO

Glad you guys were able to come to your senses. What we have had going for almost 4 years now has to be one of best betting forums on the planet. Starting with Dave writing a column talking about different themes over all sports that's some of the most sophisticated topics to help a person learn how to be a winning bettor. On top of that it includes some fantastic music, food and culture to boot. Then there is Multiple posters bringing all kinds of wonderful, actionable information that is top notch. Even better, most of the info comes from the fact that Dave answers damn near every question asked in the comments section, as long as it falls into certain parameters. And so many winning plays come from that alone. And to top it all off, he throws an occasional pick into the mix, one that usually follows along with the lead topic. Hours a day, one of the best is here to give us info, and it's all out of his generosity. Not once ever trying to get people to buy stuff. Just a great place to have a great, sophisticated discussion about gambling. Something I'm sure we all love. So please, feel free to join. The more the merrier IMO. But we strive to not waddle in the muck that so many Internet forums so often dive into. So if that's something you like to do, this isn't the place for you!
    I got it now and welcome. Seems to me that you guys were the ones mostly "waddling in the muck" more than anyone else today. Good luck. So it's basically a bunch of guys who know each other talking about capping, but Dave doesn't really give out plays? That's what I've gathered from this thread
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 133 pts

dtp
    dtp's Avatar SBR PRO

So you are not familiar with Dave Malinsky? Just do a Google search, he has been around a long time.
    Never heard of him before today. I'm just a broke dick degen. But thanks to SBR I am now familiar with Mr. Malinsky and it seems like he has quite the following.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 133 pts

SportsHec8
    SportsHec8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

And quite the squeeze that was! I had lost money on the REALLY late tds the last few night games (the packers one being particularly painful) so it was nice to cash one i didnít deserve.

I would only go if I could get a win on it falling 17. For that to only be a push makes it a bit too much of a squeeze.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

F kinda thread is this? Every sit the f down. I just walked in.

First 123 Last