dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Tuesday (3/22) NIT and CIT games

Who do you like?

Colorado are 10 point favorites against Kent State in their NIT match up. I expected this line to be around 7 but it opened at 9. It is hard to imagine that the Buffaloes will be able to cover a double digit spread against a good Kent State team.

I love Kent State +10, may be my favorite play on the board tomorrow.

Couple of CIT games as well...

East Tennessee State are 5.5 point favorites against Ohio and I am going to have to back another MAC team. These teams are basically even but the best player on the floor will be Ohio's D.J. Cooper. I will make a small play on Ohio +5.5.

Iona are 8 point favorites against Buffalo and this seems like a stretch, may have to play Buffalo but I'm not sure.

San Francisco are 2.5 point favorites against Santa Clara. Being in the same conference, they have already played twice this year, with San Francisco winning both games. May have to make a small play on San Francisco
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Santo4osu

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

San Fran/ Santa Clara UNDER

I treat multiple meetings between teams, like inter-divisional NFL games. I tend to bet the under, as the numbers of meetings grow within the season. Playoff basketball is predominately played in the half-court. Possession mean much more now that its one, or done time.

I agree with the Kent St. +10 play. How many times has Colorado been double digit favs, and how many times have they covered???

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

love the ohio pick. Better conf Play. As for san fran. agree with houli. Its hard to beat the same team 3x's. But sf won by at least 6 both x's. And dont like the fatigue and altitude factor for kent in colorado. Just my opinions

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed with kent.. +10 is alot of points.. take 'em!

Robust

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I think Colorado can actually cover that number ...

Vaioice
    Update your status
    Vaioice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

why mess with the side, Over is the play here.

-vai

oakas
    oakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17772

For a very short card Kent State and Buffalo look like very good plays.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kent v Colorado is a tough one. I like how Colorado is playing, but don't get too excited about the Cal game. Cal was down a few men.

Kent State on the other hand has been doing a lot of traveling lately. They might not get off the plane.

flipside2469
    flipside2469's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

SF is hot right now coming off a big win at Hawaii on Sat. This is a conference play and looking at the previous games, I have to say the under. SF for sure....and the under.

Ohio and the points.

I also think that Colorado is wanting to prove a point not getting a ticket to the dance....very hard to win in their building. The crowd there is insane.

hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under 67.5 1st half

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    San Fran/ Santa Clara UNDER

I treat multiple meetings between teams, like inter-divisional NFL games. I tend to bet the under, as the numbers of meetings grow within the season. Playoff basketball is predominately played in the half-court. Possession mean much more now that its one, or done time.

I agree with the Kent St. +10 play. How many times has Colorado been double digit favs, and how many times have they covered???
    IN last 5 meetings between SF and SC, highest total combined score was 61 at the half. Low was 45. Last 5 games t between SF and SC has stayed under the first half total. In all those games, the 2nd half went over the 2nd half total.

Take first half total to go under 67.5. IF the total combined score is 60 or less and I would take the 2nd half to go over the 2nd half total.

flipside2469

Quote Originally Posted by hoop guru View Post
    IN last 5 meetings between SF and SC, highest total combined score was 61 at the half. Low was 45. Last 5 games t between SF and SC has stayed under the first half total. In all those games, the 2nd half went over the 2nd half total.

Take first half total to go under 67.5. IF the total combined score is 60 or less and I would take the 2nd half to go over the 2nd half total.
    I like this. Let's do it!

dfberger23

5dimes is now offering Kent State +10.5 (-105)...gotta take it.

Buffalo has also moved to 8.5 and San Francisco to 2. Still thinking about how to play the CIT games tonight.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i like the ohio play
    dont like kent-colo always has tremendous advantage with the altitude
    dont trust small favorites- 2

zanman822
    zanman822's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buffalo and Ohio may be the plays tonight. But Colorado at home isnt bad either.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I took a 4 team teaser instead, all home teams.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

JJ....are you getting close to being out of the red yet?

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

I have a ML parlay, with Colorado and USF. Gets about +1.06. Home court advantage is huge in these "other" tournaments.

zebo1337
    zebo1337's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I have a ML parlay, with Colorado and USF. Gets about +1.06. Home court advantage is huge in these "other" tournaments.
    That was proven in the last round.

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

I took Kent/Colorado over...

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

In the last round of the NIT, four of eight home teams won against the spread. Not great, but not terrible. Yesterday, in all three tournaments, that number was 6 of 8. I have not done any research on this, so beware, but generally I like to be on home teams in these tournaments. Colorado and USF are decent home teams, and I won't be betting against them ML or ATS today. But who knows? Good luck however you play it.

alienware
    alienware's Avatar Become A Pro!

i love ohio with the points and buffallo with the points...the hawks beat the bulls also

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

From the stats I have looked at it is statistically difficult for a college team to beat another team (or cover for that matter) with about equal talent and coaching three times throughout the season.
    I loved San Francisco in this game until I found out they had won the previous 2 meetings. At the same time though Santa Clara did lose to Saint Marys in all three meeting this season so they have shown the ability to lose to the same team 3 times.

flipside2469

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    From the stats I have looked at it is statistically difficult for a college team to beat another team (or cover for that matter) with about equal talent and coaching three times throughout the season.
    I loved San Francisco in this game until I found out they had won the previous 2 meetings. At the same time though Santa Clara did lose to Saint Marys in all three meeting this season so they have shown the ability to lose to the same team 3 times.
    SF line now -1.5.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

on second thought these mac teams all suk on the road
    look at the shit teams they have lost to on road this year

dfberger23

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    on second thought these mac teams all suk on the road
    look at the shit teams they have lost to on road this year
    Kent State doesn't have any bad road losses. Lost to Cleveland State, UAB, Florida, Morehead State, Akron, Buffalo, Miami (OH) and Drexel. Those are all respectable losses. They won road games at Fairfield and St. Mary's to get to this game, they are not a bad road team.

Ohio lost at St. Bonaventure, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Western Michigan and Miami (OH) while notably winning at Akron, Winthrop, Kent State and Marshall. Not a bad road team at all.

Buffalo has a few bad road losses but also won at Cornell, Ohio and won two road games to get to this game.

dfberger23

Going to tease Ohio +10 with Buffalo +13.5. Also going to play Ohio +200, think they win tonight.

dfberger23

Ohio and Buffalo games didn't go too well.

Kent State going back and forth with Colorado, lets hope this continues.

Still undecided on a play for the late game.

dfberger23

Half unit on San Fran -.5 1st half.

Thoughts?

dfberger23

San Fran was up by double digits and then almost went down before half time. 46-45 at half.

Going to play 2nd half over 80 for a unit.

BigTenBets10
    BigTenBets10's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone have a live stream of this game???? cant find it anywhere! I am looking at the stupid espn gamecast, I took USF -2 go Dons! they blew a big lead there to end the half!

dfberger23

There was no stream for the game. Don't understand why these games aren't televised.

2nd half over covered easily.

Went 3-3 today on NIT and CIT games, up 1.8 units.