king
    king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

BYU wont lose. I would not take a bet over them. You just losing your money.

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO
    BettingGeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Mark my words!
    On it ATS as well

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is very much possible.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hope not, would ruin a great season for byu

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paver I love when you post and drink

Paver your a funny guy

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

very possible... if not , byu will definitely go out in the 2nd round. GL

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

BYU is 3-2 since Davies was kicked off the team and their two wins in that span were VS the two worst teams of the conference with a combined record of 4-29 in conference play. In the two losses in that span they lost by 18 points in each game.
    I would guess no one in this thread has seen BYU play a large number a games this year.

I have seen at least 15, as I live in the MWC area. Jimmer, and Davies were BYU's mainstay's. The offense was actually ran through Davies, as he created the pick N' roll for Jimmer to play off of. Davies lead the team in rebounds, points in the paint, blocks, and amount of girls seen naked. LOL

It takes so much for Jimmer to create his shot now. Jimmer plays whole games, and is the only ball handler. If they had a stat for, "percentage of time player possess the ball," Then Jimmer would be around 95%. Maybe BYU first H for those Hell bent on betting BYU, but as the game matures BYU will fade.

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1026

i play the ml small.gl.

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

BYU goes out this round or the next. I have Wofford going past BYU in my bracket but I'm not sure I have the balls to take Wofford ML.

Philphan
    Philphan's Avatar Become A Pro!

BYU wins this...Jimmer will take over.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Jimmer=??

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

I would like, hate BYU

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I would guess no one in this thread has seen BYU play a large number a games this year.

I have seen at least 15, as I live in the MWC area. Jimmer, and Davies were BYU's mainstay's. The offense was actually ran through Davies, as he created the pick N' roll for Jimmer to play off of. Davies lead the team in rebounds, points in the paint, blocks, and amount of girls seen naked. LOL

It takes so much for Jimmer to create his shot now. Jimmer plays whole games, and is the only ball handler. If they had a stat for, "percentage of time player possess the ball," Then Jimmer would be around 95%. Maybe BYU first H for those Hell bent on betting BYU, but as the game matures BYU will fade.

Hartsock led the team in BLK and was = to Davies in Rebounds. Pick man on the pick and roll can be replaced.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Wofford has a good team, seen em play a few times. My sister lives in Spartanburg and she said people are pumped up for the game and they should be. They have a good shot to knock off Jimmer!

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by starfire View Post
    Doomed! Lang on it
    all that needs to be said

pozzy
    pozzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crazy thought.. Put a nice juicy ML bet to back your mouth up..

flipside2469
    flipside2469's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

Need to offer some perspective here......

I follow MWC sports. I do because I went to UNM. "GO LOBOS!" I have to tell you guys, that BYU as we stand today is a totally different team than what you saw in the beginning of the year. Even if you take out the 2nd UNM/BYU game (in Provo mind you) where we dismantled BYU, they haven't been the same since Davies left. Take a good look at who they played after Davies left, and tell me if there were any quality teams that suggests they are the same team who have a 3 seed in the tourney. For those who think otherwise.....

1. BYU vs Wyoming - BYU won 102-78.....they won against Wyoming. WHO?
    2. The next game was in the MWC tourney. BYU won 64-58 against TCU who was the worst team in the MWC before they beat Wyoming....WHO? Though I didn't watch this game, all I heard at the tourney from people was that it was a very, very close game and the score didn't do the Horned Frogs any justice. In other words, the Frogs out played the Cougars.
    3. BYU beat the Lobos in the semis, 87-76. I was at this game. It was a really close game, bucket made by one team was answered by another from the other team....up until our point guard got hurt. Our replacement guard had 5 turnovers, leading to points for BYU. For a game that close, it's hard not to wonder what would happen if he didn't tear his ACL. Jimmer was Jimmer and scored 52 points.
    4. SDSU totally destroyed BYU in the final game. Jimmer scored the most points, over half for the team. The SDSU defense frustrated the entire team and BYU could not catch up.

After the SDSU game, I realized Jimmer will kill you, regardless of who you put on him. This is fine, but he'll get his, you just have to make sure no one else gets theirs. The MWC teams have been trying and trying to come up with defensive schemes to stop Jimmer and failed. They tried too hard. They tried to concentrate their efforts to 'kill the head, so the rest of the body will die'. WRONG! If you play good all around defense and try not to think that Jimmer is the only thing to stop, you will beat BYU....just like the Lobos did twice this year. Jimmer will get his points regardless of what you do, but can he possibly keep winning the games for the entire team? No.

This is why I think Wofford will win. Wofford has a better defense than BYU. A couple of fast guards to annoy Jimmer is great. Having an advantage now that Davies (one of their leading rebounders) is gone, is even better. The Lobos exposed BYU, hopefully Wofford took some notes. Of course I'm going for Wofford out of spite, I can't stand BYU, but I think Wofford pulls this one out, 1st upset of the tourney. Wofford doesn't care who Jimmer is, they don't care what happened to Davies, hell, they probably don't know what state BYU is in. I think if you broke BYU down since Davies left, you'll see that this 3 seed was a bit too high for them.

If you're willing to put down $ on the hands of one man to get it done, then so be it. Personally, I'll take the other 5 who's playing opposite of him.

Good luck tomorrow!
    Last edited by flipside2469; 03-17-11 at 12:45 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave flipside2469 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Didn't need to read this thread. BYU goes to final four. Whomever thinks BYU loses tomorrow doesn't watch BYU basketball.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i was really impressed with wofford when they smacked College of Charlston down. c of c has an awesome 3 point shooter, and wofford kicked their ass. i think wofford and the points is pretty good.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I would guess no one in this thread has seen BYU play a large number a games this year. I have seen at least 15, as I live in the MWC area. Jimmer, and Davies were BYU's mainstay's. The offense was actually ran through Davies, as he created the pick N' roll for Jimmer to play off of. Davies lead the team in rebounds, points in the paint, blocks, and amount of girls seen naked. LOL It takes so much for Jimmer to create his shot now. Jimmer plays whole games, and is the only ball handler. If they had a stat for, "percentage of time player possess the ball," Then Jimmer would be around 95%. Maybe BYU first H for those Hell bent on betting BYU, but as the game matures BYU will fade.
    I have seen EVERY BYU game (including 2 live) and no, they will not fade. Davies is not the big deal the media makes him out to be.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Packers lose to Falcons.

failheart
    failheart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wofford and the Over

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Teams people are overrating.....

Mich St., Belmont, Wofford

Jimmer will be on a mission. I feel like BYU will rally the Troops and try to prove something.

GL taking an 8.5 dog straight up.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

i really agree with this

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

How many of you here have seen a single game Wofford played this year?
    I've watched a few. I'm from Minnesota and three of their better players are from Minny too. I like Wofford's team, I think Dahlman will get his points quietly, like he always does, and I like Rundles to do a decent job on Fredette. They have played a guy similar to Fredette in Charleston's Andrew Goudelock. Goudelock is essentially a poor man's Jimmer. Either way BYU is a better team. I think it'll be a reasonably close game, but BYU will have a bit too much firepower.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

i like wofford ATS...not sure about ML tho...worth a small bet

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Late night psychotic drug takers.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

In Jimmer We Trust

zanman822
    zanman822's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea no way Wofford even comes close now with Lang on it.

Dirk41
    Dirk41's Avatar Become A Pro!

BYU will squeak this one out and lose second round

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

wofford is pretty good, diggs does play good defense and wofford has experience playing 1 man teams (college of charleston is a good example) I again dont think wofford wins but under 148 should be good along with the 8.5

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

o.k. guys here we go again pay attention ...deuce low blow about the dirty birds but as you know pavy does not make many posts like this...i will leave it at that but to blindly fade the guy is really bad bankroll management imo.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Casperwaits View Post
    I have seen EVERY BYU game (including 2 live) and no, they will not fade. Davies is not the big deal the media makes him out to be.
    If you live in Vegas, as I do, then you probably were in the gym when Jimmer buried UNLV. Great game for BYU bettors. I had UNLV -3.5. I left with 10 minutes to go in the 2ndH. LOL

As grown men we will have to agree to disagree on Davies impact.

First 123 Last