Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

You see here's the problem with Barack suppoerters. They attack anything you say against the man. True or not, they will say "you are media brainwashed" "you are lying" " you are a Bush supporter", blah, blah, blah...So you say, "what am I lying about"...they cant tell you...all they can do is attack but dont have anything to stand on.

To them, unless you realize that Barack walks on water and can do no wrong, you are wrong....regardless if you are RIGHT. No win situation with them. Talk about dangerous...this clan makes the Manson family seem like the Partridge family.

SlappyWhite
    SlappyWhite's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherLoan View Post
    Just dumped a grand on the Obama line.

Don't let me down Barack.
    You should have waited it will be close to even by Tuesday next week.

zentiense
    zentiense's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Tell me what is not true, pal. Dont just say it, prove it.
    Nah I don't give a shit, to be honest -- I haven't done any political research in years and there's a good reason. It's all effed up anyway. I'm not the one trying to debate on content -- I'm analyzing and, ultimately, critiquing your "creation" and production of knowledge on this internet forum.

It might be helpful for you to, maybe, cite your source if you didn't write that yourself. Is this how you always conduct yourself? Steal uncited arguments made by someone who has a doctorate who happens to believe what you believe? That's displaying a lot of cowardice, buddy. What research have you done? What's your original point of view? Can you even form an opinion on your own without taking buzz-phrases and other content from people who work on this material full-time? And don't tell me writing 3-4 sentence nonsense on the internet is fully expressing your "well informed" political self. It's all hearsay and trashy polemics until you find real sources and real material to work with -- otherwise you and your critics are just spouting crap at one another with no real aim or purpose. In the present kind of situation nothing fruitful can be gleaned, so I don't see why I should participate in your masturbatory self-congratulating thread. Furthermore, if you can only create masturbatory, self-congratulating threads USING OTHER PEOPLE'S MATERIAL, it makes it just all that much more pathetic, in my opinion.

Sinister Cat
    Sinister Cat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Anyone seen an Obamabot. Well here you go. Read this post and tell me what makes Obama the choice for president. This poster is an attacker, that wants to do it with smoke and mirrors, and divert the attention from the issues. Nice, ico. You're a follower, sheep, whatever makes you comfortable, my congrats to you, sir.

You and monkey have fun.
    panic, you posted an attack on Obama. A poster directly refutes a point of yours against Obama, and yet they are an "attacker"? And you start threads quoting someone else's articles attacking Obama, but the other people are sheep?

SlappyWhite

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Black candidates historically need a 14 to 16 point lead in the polls going into election day when faced with a white electorate (which the US is).

The problem the GOP might have is, will their base be motivated to go to the poll this time. Republicans came out in numbers because they were fed up with 8 years of Clinton, and wanted to support a popular President after the 9-11 events. This time they just have an old dull capital hill lifer with an inexperience VP that clearly isn't worthy to be a VP.

Bush won the Presidency both times thanks to one key electoral state in Florida and Ohio. Not much has has to happen for Barack Obama to get elected, it's going to come down who's base is more riled up for their candidates. Seeing how raucous that crowd was in Denver reminded me of how the Republicans were in 2000, when Bush was doing stumps all over the country and playing Rick Martin at the end of each speech.
    This is an excellent point, however the excitement may have changed with palin, apparently she drew as large an audience as Obama with her speech.

SlappyWhite

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post
    I don't think who ever wins will make a big difference. I would prefer Obama, just for the slight chance he might do a little good. And is that why you guys hate him? He might try to institute programs that could possibly help the poor, a little. Maybe even poor blacks. Is it the black man holding you down?
    Do you feel the Republicans are more on your side? Are they gonna protect you from all the hedonists?
    Only about 5% of the population stands to benefit by the republican agenda. So wheres the hate for Obama coming from?
    This is why I wish they would change voting in America. They should give you an option to vote against a canidate, where your vote would be added to whichever competitor has the next highest total votes for that is not the guy you voted against. Personally I would vote against anyone that supports more confiscation of wealth to give to the dregs of our society. As it stands I have to vote for Barr or Paul or Boortz (because I know he hates it). Where as if there was simply a box that said I vote against Obama I would check that. Maybe we can get some legislation, so nader voters could just say I vote against mccain, and paul voters could just say I vote against obama. I think it would add a nice twist to elections and people would not have to "hold there nose" as they pick the least stinky of two turds.
    Last edited by SlappyWhite; 09-05-08 at 11:21 AM.

TeamPlayer
    TeamPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Panic,

so you're saying that we should vote for McCain because all blacks should be grateful that they were brought to America? And in your opinion, they need to be a mindless nationalist like yourself.

so it doesn't matter that Barack Obama is a better guardian of the constitution than your Republican neo-cons and religious right?

it doesn't matter that Sarah Palin wants to start more wars because God tells her to do it?

It doesn't matter that McCain wants to stay in Iraq for 100 years? Who will pay for it? Who will die for it? You?

it doesn't matter that the Republican party controlled by the Religious Right wants to bring together 100% Church and State (totally defying the Constitution)

it doesn't matter that McCain Wants to surround Russia with missiles in all of it's neighboring countries and provoke them into a war (in which hopefully you would be drafted)

it doesn't matter that that the Republican party wants to centralize power in the hands of the Executive Branch thus taking away your civil rights and access to a fair trial?

What exactly does matter to you? Please explain what George Bush and the Republicans did to make you love them? Really......what did they accomplish that makes you so happy

SlappyWhite

TP if hyperbole was fine art you would be Picasso; however its not, all it really does is make people disinterested in any actual salient point you maybe trying to make.

TeamPlayer

Slappywhite,

everything I mentioned in my latest post is 100% correct. Which part do you consider to be hyperbole?

TeamPlayer

everything I mentioned has already begun occurring. Do you think it would stop because mccain/palin gets elected?? wake up

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamPlayer View Post
    Panic,

so you're saying that we should vote for McCain because all blacks should be grateful that they were brought to America? And in your opinion, they need to be a mindless nationalist like yourself.

so it doesn't matter that Barack Obama is a better guardian of the constitution than your Republican neo-cons and religious right?

it doesn't matter that Sarah Palin wants to start more wars because God tells her to do it?

It doesn't matter that McCain wants to stay in Iraq for 100 years? Who will pay for it? Who will die for it? You?

it doesn't matter that the Republican party controlled by the Religious Right wants to bring together 100% Church and State (totally defying the Constitution)

it doesn't matter that McCain Wants to surround Russia with missiles in all of it's neighboring countries and provoke them into a war (in which hopefully you would be drafted)

it doesn't matter that that the Republican party wants to centralize power in the hands of the Executive Branch thus taking away your civil rights and access to a fair trial?

What exactly does matter to you? Please explain what George Bush and the Republicans did to make you love them? Really......what did they accomplish that makes you so happy
    This is right on. Although I seriously doubt that Obama is likely to make much of a difference on these issues.
    You already see him back paddling, because the powers that be will not allow it.

It seems that many whites, mostly poor whites, or those who feel they got screwed are resentful of a possible black president.
    Don't be. Blacks are not the ones in power. Its your own rich white bastards that have been throwing you to the dogs for centuries. Those same people that you erroneously support.

Panic

Very simple, kids. What will Barack do to correct things? And how? I look forward to a response, if you can make one.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

How many times do I have to tell you?

1. Fiscal responsibility: Balance the budget and reduce the record national deficit he inherits from the Republicans. He will, in all liklihood, raise taxes for the rich to aid in this process. It is a very necessary urgency since the deficit has a profoundly negative effect on the welfare of our economy.

2. Withdraw from Iraq: Handing the country over to its proper owners will save us a great deal of money in the budget, give us foreign policy credibility, and allow us to focus our energies on capturing the real perpetrators of 9/11.

3. Strengthen the U.S. labor force: Eliminating the Bush tax incentives that corporations receive for shipping our jobs to cheap, third world countries. Restructuring NAFTA. Increasing minimum wage and provide stronger support to labor unions. Giving tax incentives to innovative companies, especially alternative, clean energy technologies.

4. Weening our economy off of foreign oil dependency: Promoting the innovation and production of alternative fuel sources through government grants and tax incentives.

5. Government assisted health care: Ensure that all individuals are afforded the ability to have their health care needs diagnosed and treated.

Those are several priorities of the Obama/Biden ticket. Care to expound on McCain's desire to eliminate sports betting? I'm sure you won't since you can't actually defend your own candidate.

Panic

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    How many times do I have to tell you?

1. Fiscal responsibility: Balance the budget and reduce the record national deficit he inherits from the Republicans. He will, in all liklihood, raise taxes for the rich to aid in this process. It is a very necessary urgency since the deficit has a profoundly negative effect on the welfare of our economy.

2. Withdraw from Iraq: Handing the country over to its proper owners will save us a great deal of money in the budget, give us foreign policy credibility, and allow us to focus our energies on capturing the real perpetrators of 9/11.

3. Strengthen the U.S. labor force: Eliminating the Bush tax incentives that corporations receive for shipping our jobs to cheap, third world countries. Restructuring NAFTA. Increasing minimum wage and provide stronger support to labor unions. Giving tax incentives to innovative companies, especially alternative, clean energy technologies.

4. Weening our economy off of foreign oil dependency: Promoting the innovation and production of alternative fuel sources through government grants and tax incentives.

5. Government assisted health care: Ensure that all individuals are afforded the ability to have their health care needs diagnosed and treated.

Those are several priorities of the Obama/Biden ticket. Care to expound on McCain's desire to eliminate sports betting? I'm sure you won't since you can't actually defend your own candidate.

Monkey, you're spewing the same old rethoric that you watched on CNN. Think for yourself, pal. You state these things and it still doesnt show HOW he plans to accomplish them.

Health care for example, you did not say how he plans to give everyone healthcare. Is that because you are a blind follower, or because you know he will have to raise taxes for it to happen and dont want to say it?

Jacey
    Jacey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

The irony of people supporting McCain on a sportsbetting forum is apparently lost on many people

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Jacey View Post
    The irony of people supporting McCain on a sportsbetting forum is apparently lost on many people
    Post of the week. Month? Year? I dunno...

Panic

Okay, from here on out, its sports betting and nothing else from me.

First 123