Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

if someone breaks into your house....

and you had a gun what would you do ? i am curious what the popular response would be. although i already think i know the answer. would you hold a gun on them and call the police ? would you shoot to kill ? i know what i would do ...

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Shoot them below the waist so theres no chance of attempted murder.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got a 22 in the nightstand. I don't want to kill anyone, but would have no problem shooting.

Normally if I hear something I just grab the Machete and walk down stairs.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    yup this is EXACTLY what i would do. put one in their leg.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    I got a 22 in the nightstand. I don't want to kill anyone, but would have no problem shooting.

Normally if I hear something I just grab the Machete and walk down stairs.
    i rather die by gun shot then a machete . i think ....

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I'm sure I'll get bashed for this but oh well.

I am NRA trained and licensed in self defense with a deadly weapon, and have had jobs where I was made to understand law and circumstances when it comes to self defense and deadly force..I am Just answering based on That.

Statistics show that holding a gun on someone or shooting below the waist will only cause the person breaking in to have more chances to hurt You or your family. The Guy isn't breaking in to borrow some sugar.

If someone breaks into my house where My wife and my two babies live, I will unfortunately be shooting to kill. Its legal at that point, and their safety is my priority. Too many people have been hurt by trying to finesse the situation.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

In alabama we aim for the head so there is only 1 side to the story.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

This is ok, but chances are if they are breaking in they might have a gun. A shot to the leg with adrenaline going might not do anything. Someone once told me it would almost be better to kill them rather than leaving them alive to sue you. Now I dont like the notion of killing anyone but if its me or them...

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

i started this thread because i saw a similar one at covers.com and 95 % of the posters (out of maybe 300) stated that they would "kill the mother fukker" . i really thought the majority would think like me and just shoot em in the leg. guess not.

WvGambler

My NRA trainer told me " don't even wait til their inside. If you feel your like is threatened, shoot them through the door."

Do I agree? No...but the law does. Just be sure your states laws agree.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    i started this thread because i saw a similar one at covers.com and 95 % of the posters (out of maybe 300) stated that they would "kill the mother fukker" . i really thought the majority would think like me and just shoot em in the leg. guess not.
    If some teenage punk came at me with a knife a shot to the leg would be more than enough. But that wont stop some 300lb mofo that also has a gun/weapon.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

i suppose if you could disarm and restrain the perp that would be the best method, but i am in no way trained to do that. so i'd shoot to kill, only have a split second to react to another with a gun.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

the only reason i can think of for killing them would be the "revenge" factor. maybe after they get outta the hospital they come back to teach you a lesson. but still, i would not end 'em.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    If some teenage punk came at me with a knife a shot to the leg would be more than enough. But that wont stop some 300lb mofo that also has a gun/weapon.
    agreed.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

more than likely if you have a gun they are going to run. If not, take out a leg

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

the only reason i can think of for killing them would be the "revenge" factor. maybe after they get outta the hospital they come back to teach you a lesson. but still, i would not end 'em.

In no way do I want to kill someone, but I never thought of the "revenge". But hopefully the fuckkin guy goes to jail for a bit, and by the time he's out, I move.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

If someone broke in and I had a gun, I'd be shooting to kill.

Sorry but I'm a woman with a young child - no way I'm aiming for a leg. The chest or face is a much better target for me.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by scarp View Post
    more than likely if you have a gun they are going to run. If not, take out a leg

We sleep with our bedroom door shut and locked. If I ever hear something downstairs, I always grab the machete and walk out slowly. Soon as I open the door, I pull the machete out of the sleeve and it makes that noise, like when you sharpen a knife. That would scare me to hear that if I was breaking into a house. Either that or the sound of a clip getting put in a gun would be enough to make me run.

WvGambler

I was the victim of this exact situation. Was stabbed. This was before I owned guns and the reason I own them now.

Luckily I was able to defend myself well enough to subdue the perp long enough for police to be called and arrive.

Trust me, if it happens again, I would shoot to kill.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

my reason would be because i don't know their intentions for breaking into my house, and am unsure what that person is capable of (obviously not an upstanding person if they are already breaking and entering).

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

If you're pointing a gun and willing to shoot, youre shooting to kill.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

review sbrodds with them...

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

no, shoot to kill or they can sue you

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Alabama has a couple old school laws that are still in place that I think are awesome.

1. Person only has to be in your yard and deemed a threat by you for you to legally fire upon them.

2. You can legally contract someone to watch your house and give them authority to fire upon anyone who they deem a threat. the homeowner/landowner will be responsible for any legal action from contractual property protection. Person who provided the property protection is in no shape,form, or fashion responsible for any legal matters stemming from protection even in the event of killing someone over it.

This was a news story about 10 years ago. To make the story short, a family was going out of town. Told the older guy (70 something years old) next door to watch their house. A day or so later, old guy hears commotion next door, goes to window sees a car. Gets his shotgun, goes outside to see three guys taking stuff from house and putting inside car. Told them to stop. They didnt. He shot all three of them dead as doornail. Called cops. They came out and scooped the bodies. When family arrived home they all explained what happened, open and shut case. No court date, no fines. Just a few deadbeats that we are all better off without.

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    In alabama we aim for the head so there is only 1 side to the story.
    Shoot for the largest area on the body and more than once.

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

hold them at gun point. knee cap if they try anything funny. Let them know where you're aiming too, tell them they'll never walk again. whether that's true or not is a different story. Personally, I won't ever own a gun. A security sign is a much better deterrent. Maybe even a security system, but generally the signs alone and living in a decent neighborhood are enough.

koby25
    koby25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

He breaks in my house. He is going to be shot and not in the leg

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Shoot until the attack stops. Keep the gun pointed on them and call police. If they make any more attempts to advance, shot until the attack stops.

For those that would aim below he waist or at a leg, if in the situation your panicked, it's dark, etc. don't you believe it would be more effective to do whatever to protect yourself and stop the attack? If so you would be aiming for the largest mass, one's stomach or chest. In this situation guys I believe you need to do whatever it takes to protect you and your family which ultimately could be killing the intruder.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

guys a quick note on the 'aim for the leg' scenario....if the actual shooting is found to be unwarranted, you'll still be charged with attempted murder so might as well leave no case and just put 2 in the chest and one in the head, that way he can't argue against your side of the story
    Prosecutor doesn't care if you aimed low or not...it was a gunshot at another person, implies lethal action under the legal aspect.

Same as if you bring a bat to a fight 'just for a scare'....you introduced it and its now an aggravated assault.....gotta know your options boys!

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

What the law for that in California? ALso, What happen If u fire a gun that is not licensed to you? Just wondering

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

the scary part about not killing them would be if they are carrying. but i think shooting them in the leg and making them put their hands up in the air would be enough until the police arrive. if it is a 300 lb crackhead that keeps coming at me then i would probably shoot him in the chest.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    guys a quick note on the 'aim for the leg' scenario....if the actual shooting is found to be unwarranted, you'll still be charged with attempted murder so might as well leave no case and just put 2 in the chest and one in the head, that way he can't argue against your side of the story
    Prosecutor doesn't care if you aimed low or not...it was a gunshot at another person, implies lethal action under the legal aspect.

Same as if you bring a bat to a fight 'just for a scare'....you introduced it and its now an aggravated assault.....gotta know your options boys!
    i think in most cases if you kill someone who is in your house you will be cleared of any charges if you simply claim they made an advance and it was self defense. obviously they cannot defend themselves. BUT i think one should deem the threat before just ending their life.

playr101
    playr101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1511

What size round are you shooting them in the leg with?
    Are they hopped up on PCP or some other shit?
    Do they have a weapon that they can pull after you shoot them in the leg?
    When they get out of jail, will they break into someone elses house, who may not own a weapon?
    These things matter

Shoot to kill. In Tennessee, you have are allowed to shoot if someone is in your house and you are scared for your life. So emptying a magazine will help that case.
    One shot, in the leg, and then you get sued for using excessive force.

my 2 cents

-playr101

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    no, shoot to kill or they can sue you
    exactly

123 Last