dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Big Ten teams in the Big Dance

I plan on fading them, hopefully we get some good match ups. Ohio State should make the Final Four and Wisconsin is good enough to win 2 or 3 games. The rest are worthless.

Purdue is over rated and they could easily lose in the first round if they face a good team. Michigan, Illinois, Michigan State and Penn State will all lose in the first round unless they get dealt an easy first round match up.

Lets see what the selection committee gives the Big Ten.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

After watching Wisconsin last couple games this team won't win one game. One of the most pathetic performances i have ever seen a college team play was there game vs Penn St in the big 10 tourney.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

The Illini will take care of UNLV.

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

you will lose money fading the big ten.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Michigan may win. Ohio St will win. MSU maybe. Wisky wins, Penn St loss, Purdue wins, Illinois win as well.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have them all winning but Michigan. But then Purdue and OSU only ones going to the sweet 16.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Big 10 is undervalued.

Gonna make some $ with em.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

big 10 is consistently the best performing conference in the tourney... most final 4 teams last 10 years

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Illinois has virtually NO CHANCE against UNLV. Can't wait to see the spread on this game.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    Illinois has virtually NO CHANCE against UNLV. Can't wait to see the spread on this game.
    Wrong. Illinois got a very favorable matchup, for this round anyway. UNLV lacks size. Illinois' softness won't hurt them too bad here, but their length should give UNLV big problems. But then they have essentially zero chance against Kansas. Illinois faces Lon Kruger then Bill Self. Hardly a coincidence here.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i'd take the points with big 10 teams teams that are underdogs.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Wrong. Illinois got a very favorable matchup, for this round anyway. UNLV lacks size. Illinois' softness won't hurt them too bad here, but their length should give UNLV big problems. But then they have essentially zero chance against Kansas. Illinois faves Lon Kruger then Bill Self. Hardly a coincidence here.
    UNLV is everything Illinois isn't. Disciplined. UNLV is a great defensive team that will irritate the hell out of Illinois. Illinois is soft and doesn't handle adveristy well at all.

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    After watching Wisconsin last couple games this team won't win one game. One of the most pathetic performances i have ever seen a college team play was there game vs Penn St in the big 10 tourney.

After watching them play 5-6 times this year they seem to be a different team @ the Kohl center, solid, confident. Away from home you never know what you'll get including the performance Saturday vs. Penn State, pretty awful.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    After watching them play 5-6 times this year they seem to be a different team @ the Kohl center, solid, confident. Away from home you never know what you'll get including the performance Saturday vs. Penn State, pretty awful.
    This shouldn't be any surprise. Wisconsin gets the benefit of all the calls at the Kohl Center. Those calls go away when they're on the road.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    UNLV is everything Illinois isn't. Disciplined. UNLV is a great defensive team that will irritate the hell out of Illinois. Illinois is soft and doesn't handle adveristy well at all.
    I don't necessarily disagree, and I agree Illinois is soft, but UNLV doesn't have the size to take real advantage. Their biggest starter is 6'8. Tisdale, Davis and Richmond will present serious matchup problems.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    The Illini will take care of UNLV.
    I'm an Illini Alum, but I think Illinois will lose to UNLV. Wonder what the line will be..
    No way did the Illini deserve the #9 seed.

dfberger23

Ohio State will walk into the Final Four. Purdue has an easy draw to the Sweet 16 but won't make it further than that. Wisconsin will probably not cover against Belmont and will fall to Kansas State. Michigan will beat Tennessee before getting crushed by Duke. Illinois will lose to UNLV. Michigan State's game against UCLA is a toss up, if they win I can't imagine they beat Florida. Penn State has no chance against Temple.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

UNLV and Illinois could get into a track meet and I think that benefits Illinois. Penn State is going to be extra motivated to face Temple, their former Atlantic 10 in state rival, and I think they win. Michigan is in trouble vs. Tennessee. Charlotte isn't that far from Knoxville and Michigan can't defend athletic scorers like Scotty Hopson. MSU got a REALLY favorable draw. UCLA flying across the country to face Tom Izzo? Let's not forget the last time MSU was facing a 2 seeded Florida in Tampa in the 2nd round...beatdown city. Its going to be crazy in the United Center with Purdue and ND fans flooding the place and rooting against each other because they'll be facing each other in the Sweet Sixteen, a game the Boilers will win. Belmont could run Wisconsin off the court again just like Cornell last year. Wisconsin's defense always gets exposed when they don't have the benefit of biased officiating at home or in conference.

As for Ohio State, for some reason the #1 seed got hit with the toughest region again. Assuming they get past George Mason (and that's no guarantee considering they lost to Siena in Dayton 2 years ago), they potentially face 3 teams with the size and talent to beat them: Kentucky, UNC, and Cuse. Then there's the wild card Xavier, a school everybody knows OSU is scared of.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    big 10 is consistently the best performing conference in the tourney... most final 4 teams last 10 years
    Big 10 has been one of the worst performing next to the Big East. The Big10 has like one title in the last 20 years. Big East has like 2. Both get too much love IMO, although I like OSU this year.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

go blue!!

dfberger23

Penn State and Michigan State go down, no surprise there. Wisconsin will lose to Kansas State.

Illinois will lose tomorrow and Michigan's game is a toss up.

Herky

Big 10 is 3-1 ATS. Bad move.

lux4227
    lux4227's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan plows over Tennessee by 30!

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11879

I normally agree with most of your plays, but be careful with illinois, this is their senior's last chance to prove they weren't a bust this season, they will come to play.

dfberger23

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    I normally agree with most of your plays, but be careful with illinois, this is their senior's last chance to prove they weren't a bust this season, they will come to play.
    I am not touching it, I like UNLV but not enough to play them. Plus Brock is on UNLV.

Herky

Illini and Purdue both add another blow out for big ten along with northwestern today in the NIT

dfberger23

Wisconsin will lose to Kansas State, Purdue will lose to VCU, Illinois to Kansas, Michigan to Duke.

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20697

duk prolly wins, just a guess

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Wisconsin will lose to Kansas State, Purdue will lose to VCU, Illinois to Kansas, Michigan to Duke.
    no.

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6929

So maybe this plan finally kicks in today...

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

No way Purdue loses to VCU.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, Purdue and Ohio State won't lose. I can see Wisconsin losing to butler though.

dfberger23

Very surprised that Ohio State lost to Kentucky but not surprised at all that all of the other Big Ten teams didn't make it past the Sweet 16.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    I plan on fading them, hopefully we get some good match ups. Ohio State should make the Final Four and Wisconsin is good enough to win 2 or 3 games. The rest are worthless.

Purdue is over rated and they could easily lose in the first round if they face a good team. Michigan, Illinois, Michigan State and Penn State will all lose in the first round unless they get dealt an easy first round match up.

Lets see what the selection committee gives the Big Ten.
    You actually gave Wisky and OSU too much credit going in but you were right on on the others, especially Purdue. They simply do not have the athletes or the coaches to compete at this high level of hoops. Bo Ryan getes embarrassed and out coached every year at this time - not a surprise my Badgers are out.