cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

All emotion is insanity so don't bet when you're emotional

When you make an emotional play you're acting in an insane manner.

Have you ever heard the phrase "anger is a form of insanity"? Well, think about it, when you're feeling any type of emotion you're insane because you're not yourself.

Anger, greed, lust, love, hate, etc. all lead people to be "possessed" by the emotion thus losing control of themselves. When I make emotional bets I seem to lose them all and wouldn't you expect that? When you're emotional you are not yourself, the emotion takes control of you just like a demon possessing you.

BTW, I include love in this. Just think about when you're "in love", you're on an emotional high and you're not yourself, you become a different person. All emotion leads to become different, not yourself, and therefore insane in a sense.

Megatron
    Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

very true.

cleaveland

The difficult thing is to control yourself while continuing to let your emotions run free. Why? Because if you try to shut down your emotions you lose the benefits that come with them like intuition.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

To make any money gambling your top priority is discipline. You might think you're okay after a big loss, but emotionally that ahs already affected you, therefore you need to simply tell yourself to stop and not bet on anything until you cool down. Usually I take a break make, sure that I go outside somewhere with friends, the gym, watch a movie etc... something that makes me feel good and keeps my mind away from a loss.

I remember once I tilted pretty badly after a big loss, made a series of big bets after that. When I stopped and looked back at the situation I felt like someone else was making the bets. It really is a mental game. The bookmakers are making massive profits off of people's emotional troubles.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Just bet it doesnt matter your mostly a bunch of consensus picking losers lol

vill
    vill's Avatar Become A Pro!

I 100% agree with your opinion, also sometimes wrong is to bet for your favourite team. I know one guy, who always believe that his favourite team will win, and always bet for it

Gemoka
    GIBBONS
    Gemoka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

good stuff

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    To make any money gambling your top priority is discipline. You might think you're okay after a big loss, but emotionally that ahs already affected you, therefore you need to simply tell yourself to stop and not bet on anything until you cool down. Usually I take a break make, sure that I go outside somewhere with friends, the gym, watch a movie etc... something that makes me feel good and keeps my mind away from a loss.

I remember once I tilted pretty badly after a big loss, made a series of big bets after that. When I stopped and looked back at the situation I felt like someone else was making the bets. It really is a mental game. The bookmakers are making massive profits off of people's emotional troubles.
    Vegas is a testament to that last statement.