C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

When Jim Nance asked that black guy that heads the commission committe if it was harder this year with 68 teams he said "yes" because there were a lot of quality deserving teams.

That's the opposite of what Jay Bilas and conventional wisdom said. Bilas correctly pointed out how watered down and weak it is this year. I don't feel sorry for any of those bubble teams. If you weren't one of the 68 best you have nothing to feel sorry about.

I think that guy running the committe was a cook. Lots of deserving #1 teams? Lots of deserving teams to get in? More like two TRUE #1's and about 55 quality teams this year instead of more than 68. Cut the affirmative action and get that joke out of there.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

the chairman gave terrible answers to the questions.

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

The selection committee did a shitty job this season with the at large selections and the seeding. But I'm not crying for the teams that didn't make it. You're splitting hairs between mediocre teams. Play better and don't put yourself in that position or don't cry when you're not one of the last teams in so you can probably lose in the first round. None of those teams were going to win the NCAA Tournament anyway.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Am I the only one that think's it is stupid to have two 12 seeds play a play-in game.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    the chairman gave terrible answers to the questions.
    Cut the affirmative action, that guy was dumb as bricks. Ideally you have some guy with a PHD in statistics running the show unbiased. You want a nerd running that by the numbers to make it fair. Instead you get this bozo in there that can't even make a case for what he's talking about.

Yes I think it's dumb to have teams play for the #12 seeds. Shouldn't they be playing for 16 seeds theoretically? How come teams with RPI's in the 50's aren't in when there are 68 teams in? How come Virginia tech was borderline in the top 25 but they can't make the top 68 teams in the dance?

Michigan as a #8 seed? Weren't they pretty much on the bubble? This crap was inconsistant.

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Cut the affirmative action, that guy was dumb as bricks. Ideally you have some guy with a PHD in statistics running the show unbiased. You want a nerd running that by the numbers to make it fair. Instead you get this bozo in there that can't even make a case for what he's talking about.

Yes I think it's dumb to have teams play for the #12 seeds. Shouldn't they be playing for 16 seeds theoretically? How come teams with RPI's in the 50's aren't in when there are 68 teams in? How come Virginia tech was borderline in the top 25 but they can't make the top 68 teams in the dance?

Michigan as a #8 seed? Weren't they pretty much on the bubble? This crap was inconsistant.
    They could just have a computer pick the NCAA Tournament field, like the BCS. It couldn't do any worse than those douche bags!

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Duke shouldn't be a number one kids learn the game some. ACC was one of the weakest conferences in basketball. They didn't even win the regular season title.
    Yeah you're right. The only other decent team in the ACC was UNC, and we all know they suck. And suck it hard.

Of course Duke probably would have won the ACC regular season title if UNC had been scheduled to play @ Maryland and @ VTech. But they weren't. This type of unbalanced scheduling is why the ACC Tournament was created in the first place way back in the day. And that's why the ACC CHAMPION is the one who wins the conference tournament.

Why do you UNC fans always act like such sissies man? Always pouting and crying about Duke this and Duke that.

Even dissing your own conference and your own team's accomplishments this season just so you can diminish Duke. Such pussy cry-baby behavior dude. That's called cutting of your nose to spite your face. And it's why so many people who hate Duke hate you even more.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 03-14-11 at 12:40 AM.

Tk Fo Sho
    Tk Fo Sho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Live in Kansas and I can see KU winning this whole tournament, but I like Louisviille a lot. How much? I have them winning it all...

So hopefully Louisville loses in the first round. haha

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Cut the affirmative action, that guy was dumb as bricks.
    Sounded like it, yeah. I don't think I said anything different.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Ohio State and Kansas has the more athletic and experience teams, they should go far.

Pitt will probably get knock off by Old Dominion, who's a very physical team. Plus the Big East is overrated. A bunch of ranks teams taking turns beating each other.

Duke beat a very athletic UNC team, but I don't put too much weight in the Conference tourney. Them facing either Texas or Arizona will be tough. And potentially UConn later down the road.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pitt is not even close to a number seed

Committee made a lot of mistakes and now under heavy scrutiny

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

black coaches....now it makes sense.......

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pitt is not even close to a number seed

Committee made a lot of mistakes and now under heavy scrutiny
    Uh, the committee made a lot of mistakes, but Pitt as a 1 wasn't one of them. I'm assuming that's what you meant by 'number seed'.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    black coaches....now it makes sense.......
    I'm starting to wonder that myself. Something stinks. And I don't know if it's that or not. I sure hope it's not. Maybe it's not that they are black, but that Seth Greenberg is a jew. Don't know. Just know it's bullshit.

First 1234