nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

O/U 134 duke/VT fix?

I'm not one to go crazy talking about fixes and didn't have a penny on this game, but the ending of this game was a fix complainer's dream scenario. Duke is up 13 with like 1:30 min left on the clock and VT is fouling(?). I think it was like 9-10 under at that point and it ends up going over with all the fouls and quick buckets by VT at the end. The best part of it was when the number hit 135, ESPN literally pans to VT's head coach and shows him signaling no foul and you can also hear him screaming "no foul" and calls off the dogs.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're reaching. There's a real strong possibility Virginia Tech needed a win here to make the tournament so they were pulling out all the stops at the end. If this game is midseason they wouldnt have done it. Obviously when the game was completely out of reach they were going to stop fouling, but even if theres a .5% chance they were going to do what they could.

Also if you're going to fix a game it's a hell of a lot easier to do during the season with a lot less people involved and a lot less people paying attention.

nyed1010

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    You're reaching. There's a real strong possibility Virginia Tech needed a win here to make the tournament so they were pulling out all the stops at the end. If this game is midseason they wouldnt have done it. Obviously when the game was completely out of reach they were going to stop fouling, but even if theres a .5% chance they were going to do what they could.

Also if you're going to fix a game it's a hell of a lot easier to do during the season with a lot less people involved and a lot less people paying attention.
    ya I understand, I mean look at all the crazy comebacks that have happened in the last minute of games. Virginia-Miami was just ridiculous. But duke isn't missing FTs, and more than anything, it was the picture of VT's head coach calling off the fouling right after it just went over. And don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those guys that thinks everything in sports is fixed, probably the complete opposite of that.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    And don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those guys that thinks everything in sports is fixed, probably the complete opposite of that.
    Yet you're the one the made this thread.

nyed1010

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Yet you're the one the made this thread.
    did I say this game was fixed? I just wanted to see what people thought of this finish. I just found it funny that VT is fouling down 13 with less that a minute and a half to go against duke, one of the best FT shooting teams in the country. And VT's head coach calling off the fouling right when it goes over by a point seemed really shady. But by no means do I believe the game was fixed. I'm just pointing out the uncommon actions there at the end and could see the type that do believe in fixes would go crazy about. Nothing more, nothing less.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

i had u134 as well. but it certainly wasnt fixed. i do hate greenburg and want him to die for fouling like that however. i remember the total was 117 with 2:30 left and i just said "unless this dic starts to foul right now then this will cover ez"

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

hahahahahaha they didnt get into the tournament, hahahaha suckers

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

Honestly, almost every game i watch in baskets could be considered fixed. yesterday ARIZ game had like 30 pts in the first 5 min. it looked so over.. they were shooting with 27 secs to go on the shot clock each time. knocking down 3's etc.. game stays under as they stopped scoring completely.. and it even went to double OT and still stayed under. was this fixed? no..

then today ORL/PHOE. by early 3rd q, it looked like they'd score 260 pts in the game. it was a scoring drill out there. total was 202. game ended up staying under as they just kept on missing missing missing and shooting with 1 sec to go on shot clock and a ton of air balls. was this fixed?? no..

btw, i have seen many times teams fouling down 18 pts with 1 min to go. it's sick. every day, there is 12 games that you can easily say are fixed, not just this DUKE game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No fixes

Frustrated gamblers thats all

Lets move on and try to win

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

This happens in college all the time.

Ridiculous fouls in the last few mins to extend the game. Guard the 3 point shot, No defence on the quick layup. Foul again. Repeat.

Its not uncommon to have 20 points scored in the last few minutes of these games. Can be brutal if you are on the under.

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

I'd say it had to do a lot with the chippy play going on between VaTech and Duke. The Hokies weren't giving up until it was ABSOLUTELY game over.