Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Jimmer Fredette = Mark Price ?

Everything I have seen of Jimmer has been on Youtube so I'm not the best judge. His shot remind me of Mark Price. There aren't many NBA guys who shoot the three as a jumper off the dribble. The cross over step back three is impressive. Even Ray Allen, who jumpshoots his threes, doesn't shake n bake to get his own shot out there. Fredette has NBA range. Could he be a top 10 pick in this draft?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He is a lot like Deron Williams sometimes too, projected 10th in draft last time I looked probably rising

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Very good player, better than Mark Price IMO. He should have a long career in the NBA, although probably won't be an elite scorer but a reliable one.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

def. top 10

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

This is the kinda guy that only comes along every 5 or 6 years... love this guy. Grew up watching Price and loved his style. Refreshing to see a player coming in like this. You just know he will be solid.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

don't think so..he will more likely be another Dan Dickau than a Mark Price.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Mark Price was actually better in the NBA than college.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Doubt he goes top 10 since he's white but his stock is rising.

He was barely a 1st round pick not long ago.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    This is the kinda guy that only comes along every 5 or 6 years... love this guy. Grew up watching Price and loved his style. Refreshing to see a player coming in like this. You just know he will be solid.
    Does he seem like Price to you? I haven't seen any passes on Jimmer's highlight film yet. Price could deliver the ball.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

You guys are nuts... He's not even projected in the first round. The kid is too small. All the experts say he'll be a smaller version of JJ Redick. I like him but he's not quite up to NBA starting guard talent/size.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You guys are nuts... He's not even projected in the first round. The kid is too small. All the experts say he'll be a smaller version of JJ Redick. I like him but he's not quite up to NBA starting guard talent/size.
    http://www.nbadraft.net/

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Chad Ford had him 18th sometime ago if I'm not mistaken.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Well, we'll see what happens on draft day. Some folks have him as a lottery pick. I think he will go late 1st early 2nd. One of the teams that like white players (Utah or Indiana) may take an early flyer on him or a flashy big market team like NY, LA but we'll see. I don't think he will do well when he's worked out.

I like the kid like I said but I know a couple NBA scouts and they both were not high on him at all which surprised me. I'll take their word over these other hacks.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

If he has as good an NBA career as Mark Price, he will have done well, indeed...

Doc

SteveB
    SteveB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Team that likes white players....lol

rm18
    Update your status

I wonder if anyone will ever start 4 white players again like the NBA Live '95 Washington Bullets

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

he reminds me of a guy that can come off the bench and light it up, like a vinne johnson.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Mark Price was a pass-first pg. How can you even compare him to a guy like Fred who is a shoot-first

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Mark Price was actually better in the NBA than college.
    not sure this is true considering he was a two time all american

i will say that he is/was a bible thumping geek so maybe there are some strong similarities there

id compare jimmer to steve kerr....kerr was a GREAT college player and filled the shooter/second ball handler role in the nba very well

ive seen people say steve nash...there's NO shot at that

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well he is like 5x the player of all these guys mentioned as far as college is concerned but hard to say in pros

He does not have the jumping ability which could hurt him in NBA, guys are bigger and stronger in the NBA.

Price was very good in NBA and much better shooting mechanics

JJ Reddick is a very good defender and quicker than Fredette

I am sure he will make a team and score with minutes score like 12 a game

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Does he seem like Price to you? I haven't seen any passes on Jimmer's highlight film yet. Price could deliver the ball.
    Price wasn't a huge assist guy at GT, pretty similar to Fredette. I think he had a great team of players around him with the Cavs and they meshed very well toghether, Daugherty, Nance, Ehlo, Harper... and Hot Rod Williams comin off the bench. You almost couldn't ask for a better supporting cast for a guy like Mark Price to deliver the ball to... it made his job that much easier and allowed him to get his points and showcase his ability to score very well.

If Jimmer can be put into a similar situation, I could see him being able to be a productive 1, just like Price was although he needs to develop his PG skills more. It's almost like Price got put into the perfect situation with the Cavs to be the best point gaurd he could be. It will be hard for Jimmer to get this lucky imho... but I would love to see it.

He will be able to help a team be better, just depends on the team that he's on as to how much.... a player like this needs to find an early fit from a committed team and make his mark fast or he could end up being another dan dickau as paver mentioned.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Well he is like 5x the player of all these guys mentioned as far as college is concerned but hard to say in pros

He does not have the jumping ability which could hurt him in NBA, guys are bigger and stronger in the NBA.

Price was very good in NBA and much better shooting mechanics

JJ Reddick is a very good defender and quicker than Fredette

I am sure he will make a team and score with minutes score like 12 a game
    Fredette will be tough to handle in the NBA not because of the shots he gets but because he can make tough and BS shots, also has a much better handle than Reddick.