French Tickler
    The Tickler
    French Tickler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Letter from NFL Commisioner Roger Goodell

Dear NFL Fan,
    When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
    Roger Goodell

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

i read on a 8th grade level so idk what it says but ole roger is gonna have some death threats if theres no moutherfucking football on sunday

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Breaks my heart to see millionaires fighting with other millionaires over money.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Now the blame game starts.

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

Hey Stale, congrats on 6K posts but I think you should replace one of those 'millionaires' with multi-billionaires.

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1206

Is their Health Insurance Lifetime and family is included

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18807

If theres no football this fall I'm gonna be seriously pissed off. More so at the owners and Goodell than the players who bust their asses not just on Sundays but all week to get ready to play for out enjoyment.

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

Greed Inc. strikes again

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1206

Any relation to the Harness Driver Eric Goodell

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Let's see if there will be a new season or not.

BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

this is sad

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Hate to say it, the NFLPA really screwed up by de-certifying their union, that's the only card they had to play...

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

I dont give a **** about his letter, I want him to cut his fukking slalry to $1 like he said he would
    This motherfuckker is an idiot

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

Goodell: $1 salary if work stoppage

NEW YORK (AP) -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will cut his salary to $1 if there is a work stoppage after the collective bargaining agreement expires in March.
    Goodell, who makes about $10 million a year including bonuses, said in a memo to his staff Wednesday that chief negotiator Jeff Pash will do the same. Pash makes nearly $5 million a year.
    Goodell also has asked the league's compensation committee to delay any bonus payments to him until after a deal is reached with the NFL Players Association.
    "Let me emphasize that we are fully committed to doing everything possible to reach a new collective bargaining agreement without any disruption to our business," Goodell said. "The entire senior leadership team stands with me in its commitment to resolving the CBA issues with the player's union.
    "While several other executives have also volunteered to make additional reductions to their compensation, I have asked them not to take that step at this time as we continue our negotiating efforts."
    NFL owners opted out of the agreement in 2008.
    Union chief DeMaurice Smith has predicted the owners will lock out the players after the March 4 expiration of the contract with the league.
    NFLPA communications director Carl Francis was not impressed by Goodell's memo.
    "I have been around long enough to know that this decision is irrelevant to the process," Francis said. "He should also guarantee there won't be a lockout."
    Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Jeffito11
    Jeffito11's Avatar Become A Pro!

It looks as though the players' antitrust lawsuit is going after the draft as well, what a mess.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

come september there had better be football

donnyguru
    Rust Never Sleeps
    donnyguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8759

That BS email King Roger sent has an opt out option at the bottom. Clicking it is a way to have a small voice in the process. Plus, you can avoid some of the useless noise that will keep on coming. Roger Goodell can go eat a dick.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5566

Quote Originally Posted by rem sleep View Post
    If theres no football this fall I'm gonna be seriously pissed off. More so at the owners and Goodell than the players who bust their asses not just on Sundays but all week to get ready to play for out enjoyment.
    That would be nice but they bust their asses for the money, fame and glory...then way down the list is our enjoyment.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

What the hell does Goodell deserve 10 million a year to start with?

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Not-A-Kid View Post
    Hey Stale, congrats on 6K posts but I think you should replace one of those 'millionaires' with multi-billionaires.
    Touche.

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

Just isn't going to be the same with football.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

We all will be worse for the wear if there is no football, I'm just grateful baseball is back or I'd still have to be watching hockey.. I hate Basketball with a passion.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yeah...Tom Brady is really concerned about the players from 20 years ago....he's in friggin Brazil dancing it up with his chick and no where near this circus. So when the players go on television talking about Peyton, Drew, and Tom leading the charge someone better call Tom and tell him

Mini19
    Mini19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I honestly don't think they would get a deal done before the season

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

hate too see this happened...

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by dollarbill View Post
    Any relation to the Harness Driver Eric Goodell
    Doubt it. Haha! Roger is a rich kid (son of a Senator), and Eric is, well, just a guy grinding it out in harness racing.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16678

If there is no football i'm gonna go insane!!