teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok i dont believe in fixes but....

Is anybody else watching the last 30 sec of the st johns/rutgers game? good thing mikail didnt see this one. kid travels im talking bad and steps out of bounds still no call.

teaserpleaser

wait i do believe in fixes i watch too much boxing and mac football/basketball not to , i take that part back.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

My dad was watching the game and just called me and said that game was fixed. He doesn't gamble and never has.

I laughed as I'm watching it in the shop on ESPN3.

Apparently non gamblers know games are fixed also. I was gonna take St Johns in a ML parlay, but didn't.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Some strange occurrences just happened...

teaserpleaser

Ngates you should have seen those old refs head for the locker room. They didnt call an over the back foul. it was shady.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Total opened at 129 1/2. Moved down to 127.

Game lands on 128.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I was watching...Looks like they missed a solid 3 calls in the last 15 seconds of the game.

The foul on the drive by Rutgers.

Out of bounds off St Johns after there FT

Then the whole debacle at the end of the game wit 1.5 seconds left.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Refs had Rutgers +10 and St. John's ML

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

no reason for fix that i can see. old refs took their eyes off of it when inbounds pass picked off by st. j. they never suspected player would dribble ball out of bounds and travel in last 1.7. apparently. they don't bet. it isn't the 1950's manhattan scandal again.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Very shady ending to the game. I believe the fix was in on this particular game theres no other way to look at it.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

What about the non-use of instant replay then? Instant replay was put in to monitor the clock and adjust time.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh $hit you mentioned mac football in post #2!Anyone not believing the fix is in once in a while watch one of the games during the week this fall when Billy Bob continues to throw flags after the play!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Depends on where you bet the Over/Under...which was 127.5 or 128....it really looks fishy. If you believe in fixes...this one can be added to the list

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    What about the non-use of instant replay then? Instant replay was put in to monitor the clock and adjust time.
    Exactly! They ran off the floor pretty fast imo.

asianfootballs
    asianfootballs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

A lot of games are fixed. Sports are for entertainment purposes. None of the players care how bad they win or lose unless someone is paying them to care. Refs are even worse.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard the refs in the St Johns game are still running...right to the bank!

Espn is just hammering these guys!!!

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I was wondering why they didn't do a replay on the FT by St Johns that was missed and they called it off of a Rutgers player...Do they not have that type of Replay like that do in NBA?

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

There was definitely something up with the refs, no question. Forget all the lousy calls down the stretch that favored St John's, but the last play the refs were walking off the court with a few seconds left. They had absolutely no intention of sticking around to review that last play, which is mind boggling. Of course the Big East wants St John's to advance. They're playing on their home court infront of their home fans and they are the feelgood story of the year in the conference.

fults400
    fults400's Avatar Become A Pro!

They couldnt use replay at the end because they never whistled the play dead they let time expire. If they had whistled the play dead they could have gone to replay to get the time right but nothing else. Im not 100 percent on all these rules but im pretty sure that is correct.

rofacapper
    rofacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Lets look at possible fixes:

OVER 127-128: not likely because they would have called a block on the St Johns defender on the Rutgers drive to the lane off the in bounds pass with about 10 seconds left and the score 64-63. Assuming the Rutgers player (3 for 3 from the line on the day I believe) doesn't miss both, the minimum final score possible would be 129.

OVER 128.5-129.5: not likely because they would have called a foul on the inbounds pass to half court or at least called the out of bounds to give rutgers one more chance to tie or win it.

UNDER 129.5 and below: Not likely because they would have given the ball to Rutgers off the missed free throw when the score was 64-63. Then they would have just had to miss a buzzer beater after advancing the ball the length of the floor with 7 seconds left.

Only possible fix is St. John's moneyline, but this just seems like a classic case of refs getting rattled at the end of the game and blowing calls. I'm not saying fixes don't occur in sports, but I just don't see it here.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe in fixes, bad coaching, bad referring and all of the above. GTown had a stupid gameplan which fixed the game to go against them and against the sensible total. The Rutgers game was just bad refs at the end.

AbeFroman
    AbeFroman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Quote Originally Posted by fults400 View Post
    They couldnt use replay at the end because they never whistled the play dead they let time expire. If they had whistled the play dead they could have gone to replay to get the time right but nothing else. Im not 100 percent on all these rules but im pretty sure that is correct.
    That is spot on, Fults. There was never a call made on the play, and therefore, the instant replay can not be used. If there would have been a travel, out of bonds, or technical foul call, then the refs could have used the replay to verify the correct time when play was stopped. But with no call, there can be nothing to review in terms of officiating.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Just a tired veteran crew blowing a confusing end-game situation at the end of the game.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2721

Something definitely does not seem right about this....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

just two old bums who should have been forced to retire years ago. they can't keep up with the game anymore. they're probably getting drunk and laughing their asses off right now.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

No fix. Realize that tournament refs typically don't make calls in the final 2 minutes. The have the "let them play attitude." However, they do call fouls in the final 2 minutes during regular season. Capeche?

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

But why not call the out of bounds with 1.7 seconds left and the tech for throwing the ball into the stands?

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

And the officials claimed they had made mistakes on the final plays....

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

i hate how the big east comes out right after the game and admits the refs made mistakes lol. Like admitting it is going to change anything now? Why not penalize the refs somehow, now that the big east admitted they were wrong? Some course of action should be taken other than saying "well we cant change the result of the game, but they were wrong if anyone cares"