ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

Illinois College's Jacob Tucker sweeps web with 50-inch vertical

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...-inch-vertical

ttwarrior1

One glance at Jacob Tucker would probably not elicit any thoughts about an explosive dunker. He's 5-11 and attends Illinois College, a Division III school.
    But you only need to see one dunk attempt by Tucker to see that an explosive athlete exists in the diminutive guard.
    Jacob Tucker isn't tall and doesn't play for a big school, but his hops show that he belongs in the NCAA's dunk contest. Tucker averages 14.8 points and 7.1 rebounds for a 16-8 Illinois College squad. But his stats aren't the main attraction. Instead, it's his viral video showcasing his improbable dunks and his reported 50-inch vertical
    The goal of the video, Tucker states, is to work his way into the 2011 NCAA dunk contest. Based on the more than 500,000 people to see the video, and the countless celebrity endorsements on Twitter from the likes of everyone from Pete Carroll to Jay Williams, it seems like Tucker ought to be lock to achieve that goal.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Ttwarrior sweeps web with 50 inch waste...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Wow, that's insane and he's white. 360 under the legs was sick.

Raynor21
    Cle/Ari Under
    Raynor21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Who said white men can't jump?

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

soooo sick

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

dude has some pretty good dunks. i bet the house his vertical isn't 50" though

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

that was pretty sick

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Gives all white men hope!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    dude has some pretty good dunks. i bet the house his vertical isn't 50" though
    Maybe not at the dunks but pretty close when tested.

His short arms make it look like he's not getting up as high as most monkey arm players but look where his head is on some of the dunks.

Plus he probably jumps higher without the ball, that's how you test verticals.

ttwarrior1

i wonder what he would do on a division 1 school. If he could shoot the 3 he might get a look

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Maybe not at the dunks but pretty close when tested.

His short arms make it look like he's not getting up as high as most monkey arm players but look where his head is on some of the dunks.

Plus he probably jumps higher without the ball, that's how you test verticals.
    you test vertical jump by standing still in a spot and then jumping straight up flat footed, no running start or nothing. He doesn't have no 50" vertical. Spudd Webb was 5,7 and had a reported 42" vertical.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

guy dunks alot better than spud, and he only has 4 inches of height, so maybe a total of 5-7 inches of reach advantage.

guy is a two foot jumper, and obviously gets alot of his jumping power from his quads. Looks like he is built pretty well and spends alot of time in the weight room. if the guy has a 400-550 squat I could see him with a static vertical in the upper 40's

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    you test vertical jump by standing still in a spot and then jumping straight up flat footed, no running start or nothing. He doesn't have no 50" vertical. Spudd Webb was 5,7 and had a reported 42" vertical.
    So what's Jordan's vertical? 36"??? lol

Most verticals are exaggerated but I think this dude is at least in the mid 40's "

Do some quick math. Can he touch the rim with his head? That's 49" right there.

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17248

It's nice seeing legit jumping over people and not using a hand to hold yourself up.

k13

If you stop it at 1:38 his head is at rim level.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    So what's Jordan's vertical? 36"??? lol

Most verticals are exaggerated but I think this dude is at least in the mid 40's "

Do some quick math. Can he touch the rim with his head? That's 49" right there.

you are missing the point. a true vertical is measured by standing still and jumping straight up. no run ups, no steps taken ect. I think he is trying to say, the kid might be able to jump 50 inches, but its not an official vert like they measure in the combine. of which I think the record is 46.5 by the way

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    you are missing the point. a true vertical is measured by standing still and jumping straight up. no run ups, no steps taken ect. I think he is trying to say, the kid might be able to jump 50 inches, but its not an official vert like they measure in the combine. of which I think the record is 46.5 by the way
    Yes Boss Bailey (champ bailey's brother) out of UGA holds the NFL vertical jump record at 46.5 inches. He was a linebacker.

Most is speculation unless you hear of an official vertical jump. Melvin Levett out of cincinnati in the 90's had a recorded vertical of 53 inches, thats the highest I've ever heard of. They called him the helicopter.

Most great NFL running backs have verticals around 30-35 inches. But their bodies aren't trained to jump all the time like basketball players.

Randy Moss has a 51 inch vertical.

Actually I think somebody has tied Bailey at the combine since then.

The internet is full of complete BS about vertical jumps and other measurements. One site will have it listed at 43 another at 38. Both listed as official.

I go by my memory. They announced Levitt's vertical in a game he was playing and then went to the sidelines where they had somebody down there talk about how it was the highest they had ever witnessed. So I remembered that. Then on ESPN they announced that Boss Bailey had set the vertical jump record for the NFL at a little over 46 inches. I remembered that. When you have a great memory like I do it really helps in life.
    Last edited by WileOut; 03-10-11 at 12:34 AM.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Sick video man! Dude has got moves that's for sure!

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    Have you seen him jump standing?

btw, all 40 times at the combine are BS yet people swear by them like the bible. None are legit.

clownpuncher
    Update your status
    clownpuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

heard about this kid but i havent seen the vid before

impressive

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

best air time for a white guy ive ever seen!