dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

If you were 20 years old with no commitments what would you do?

Need to shake my life up in a major way. Could really go anywhere and do anything. Not a lot of cash though so that is a problem.

Thoughts?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

go to santa barbara, thank me later

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^^he said not a lot of cash

santa barbs is crazy expensive

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Wait until you're 21 and save every penny until then. Then, grab a bus ticket and see what cities excite you for a week.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Save up some more money.

Go to Europe for a summer.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

coming from a 21 year old with no commitments, I would agree with rubberkettle. I have been across europe twice, and im saving up to do it a third time.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Travel - go to Mexico or Alaska if money is an issue.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    ^^^he said not a lot of cash

santa barbs is crazy expensive
    He could move to IV which is hella cheap for 20 year olds. Free beer, free weed, cheap rent, and crazy entertainment. Plus crazy pussy... I say go for it. Oh and you can live on the beach.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    go to santa barbara, thank me later
    GAUCHOS! my brother went there for a 2 year. spent alot of weekend there. lots of fun. halloween was crazy

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Spend the next 10 years sacrificing everything to set yourself up with a good life...

Right now you think you have life figured out, I can promise you that you don't know shit...

Now that weve established that, you should not make any major decisions until your 30...

So what to do the next ten years?

-Stay away from broads...Trouble, they will only slow you down..

-everything you do in your twenties should be centered around strengthing yourself for the long run... Make Money.. Stay in Shape.. Meet tons of people but never get too close..

If you follow what I'm saying you will be able to have any wife you want and raise a family you can be proud of...

Or you could go get drunk tonight, meet a whore, have a half ass family, looking at a coinflip to get divorced..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pstaff1989, sickler, DennisGreen, shari91, and jagaf22

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Need to shake my life up in a major way. Could really go anywhere and do anything. Not a lot of cash though so that is a problem.

Thoughts?
    start a business. build some wealth

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

post on sbr 18 hours a day like the rest of the 20 year olds here

dfberger23

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    coming from a 21 year old with no commitments, I would agree with rubberkettle. I have been across europe twice, and im saving up to do it a third time.
    Want to do this really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

He could move to IV which is hella cheap for 20 year olds. Free beer, free weed, cheap rent, and crazy entertainment. Plus crazy pussy... I say go for it. Oh and you can live on the beach.
    You got my attention. What is IV?

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Spend the next 10 years sacrificing everything to set yourself up with a good life...

Right now you think you have life figured out, I can promise you that you don't know shit...

Now that weve established that, you should not make any major decisions until your 30...

-everything you do in your twenties should be centered around strengthing yourself for the long run... Make Money.. Stay in Shape.. Meet tons of people but never get too close..

If you follow what I'm saying you will be able to have any wife you want and raise a family you can be proud of...

Or you could go get drunk tonight, meet a whore, have a half ass family, looking at a coinflip to get divorced..
    If I thought I had life figured out do you think I would be asking this question on an internet forum?

Agree with you about the rest, good advice.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

That's a pretty sharp post, eyefold. I remember being told something like that when I was younger.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Work your ass off and save everything. You might think you're missing out but later in life when you have everything you want you'll be glad you did.

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Don't get a girlfriend

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Go to school get good grades. Don't take life too seriously be nice to eveyone u will be surprised at the opportunities that will come your way

PRC
    PRC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Go to school get good grades. Don't take life too seriously be nice to eveyone u will be surprised at the opportunities that will come your way
    Boring

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

move to vegas and get pro. gambler outa ur head lol

tbonmusikman
    tbonmusikman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    post on sbr 18 hours a day like the rest of the 20 year olds here
    life could not get more exciting than this

dfberger23

Quote Originally Posted by PRC View Post

Boring
    Very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    move to vegas and get pro. gambler outa ur head lol
    Even if I saved a good amount of money until turning 21, this would fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Work your ass off and save everything. You might think you're missing out but later in life when you have everything you want you'll be glad you did.
    This is what I want to do, gotta decide a path to take first though.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Spend the next 10 years sacrificing everything to set yourself up with a good life... Right now you think you have life figured out, I can promise you that you don't know shit... Now that weve established that, you should not make any major decisions until your 30... So what to do the next ten years? -Stay away from broads...Trouble, they will only slow you down.. -everything you do in your twenties should be centered around strengthing yourself for the long run... Make Money.. Stay in Shape.. Meet tons of people but never get too close.. If you follow what I'm saying you will be able to have any wife you want and raise a family you can be proud of... Or you could go get drunk tonight, meet a whore, have a half ass family, looking at a coinflip to get divorced..
    Very well said, but how many can pull this off ? Much less any degen

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wanna go to El Salvador Mayan ruins. I been to that country twice and never seen the ruins. Im 20 myself and at times question my direction in life. This would be sweet smoking trees on the mayan grounds.

Gemoka
    GIBBONS
    Gemoka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

I wouldnt gamble thats for sure

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

If I was 20 yrs old again...what would I tell you...

I would tell you to enjoy life because it goes so quickly...you're 20 now and in a blink your 35 with 3 kids...another blink and your 50 watching corporate try to find ways to ease you into the pasture...

Be honest with yourself, have compassion because we all need a hand and go slow and take in the world. It is a fascinating place to enjoy at 20--even broke.

Finally, there are no hard rules except one--acceptance.

RLF
    RLF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

Put all your money and assets on a massive lock.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

the one and only isla vista
    Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Want to do this really bad.

You got my attention. What is IV?

If I thought I had life figured out do you think I would be asking this question on an internet forum?

Agree with you about the rest, good advice.

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Have fun for a couple years, wait to turn 23 for FAFSA purposes get a shat ton of funding go to school learn a trade go make money and travel. That's what I did.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

If you're feeling lost, there is only one thing to do my friend, travel the world. You don't need any $ to do it, you can work your way around the world. You can couch surf and pay no accommodation costs and hang out with locals. And meet girls. Don't even bother planning, just choose a starting country and go for it.

Don't just go to countries where you speak the language or can get by with English. Go places that put you out of your comfort zone. Throw yourself in the deep end and enjoy that amazing satisfaction of watching yourself swim. Learn a new language, try to pick up new instruments, eat crazy food, party with locals, see, smell, hear, taste and touch new sensations every day and week.

As to where to go? I recommend South America personally, and in particular Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, Bolivia and Peru. Europe is cool too but costs an arse, and is too "easy". In South America you'll find yourself.

Good luck bro.

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Make a list of things you want to do, accomplish and places to see...your experience with them may lead you to your true callings and open up future doors. Make friends and contacts along the way. Check your list down the road and see how far you have reached your goals.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Get some commitments.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Go to school and get a degree. I guarantee you that will be one decision you never regret....even if you don't wind up doing something that has anything to do with your degree. Check the percentages of numbers of unemployed with a college degree vs those with a degree. Its shocking what a difference in your life it will make.

You're supposed to be broke when you're 20. The simple fact is no one will take you remotely serious until at least 26. before that you're simply a kid that hasn't experienced enough life to know much. This isn't a bad thing. It s the way it should be.

Trust me, go to school. Do whatever it takes. Loans, grants, etc. You'll never regret it a day in your life.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I never believed that bull shit go have fun

Its wasting time and others getting ahead of you

work two fukkin jobs and make money or go to school

Dont waste time being fukkin lazy

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get a couple jobs until I was 21...then take a trip out to Colorado and never come back. Ski Patrol in the winter, mountain bike tours in the summer.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

travel and go to school if you can.

12 Last