Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

These bookmakers that think all the points scored in OT count towards the total

can kiss my fukking ass.

Another great bet that goes under by a mile gets fuked by these stupid OT's. So much for betting early and getting a great number.

Lafayette/American (U 135.5) for Game. -108 378.00 350.00

How come I lose 15-20 under bets this way and never win more than 2-3 of my wrong side overs? Let me have five extra minutes of playing time and I'll take the over every time. This shit is not like all the other sports that don't have tons of points scored. Why the fuk is this shit not like hockey and soccer which are all graded regulation time only.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    can kiss my fukking ass.

Another great bet that goes under by a mile gets fuked by these stupid OT's. So much for betting early and getting a great number.

Lafayette/American (U 135.5) for Game. -108 378.00 350.00

How come I lose 15-20 under bets this way and never win more than 2-3 of my wrong side overs? Let me have five extra minutes of playing time and I'll take the over every time. This shit is not like all the other sports that don't have tons of points scored. Why the fuk is this shit not like hockey and soccer which are all graded regulation time only.
    Emily:...Hockey totals count OT and shootouts. You can place regulation only bets.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol cry me a river

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

ouch, brutal

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is a bad rule but it is what it is. Why can't they do it like soccer where only regulation time counts? If soccer can do it then basketball and football can do it too.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Emily:...Hockey totals count OT and shootouts. You can place regulation only bets.
    We don't even have the option which just have to take it and it's bull shit that great handicapping is ruined by bullshit rules.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Totals are inflated to take account of the possibility of OT.

If you are primarily an under bettor you have to take the rough with the smooth. Personally I would prefer if bets were regulation time only but they are not and that is just the way it is.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    lol cry me a river

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    This is a bad rule but it is what it is. Why can't they do it like soccer where only regulation time counts? If soccer can do it then basketball and football can do it too.
    It would be difficult...Could you imagine what a draw on a 210 total would be in terms of payout

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Totals are inflated to take account of the possibility of OT.

If you are primarily an under bettor you have to take the rough with the smooth. Personally I would prefer of bet were regulation time only but they are not and that is just the way it is.
    No they fuking don't. They are put up and money moves the number. OT possibly is a non factor on the total.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Don't gamble if you can't handle the losses.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

It would be difficult...Could you imagine what a draw on a 210 total would be in terms of payout
    They can offer -120 lines for totals excluding OT.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Don't gamble if you can't handle the losses.
    Yeah, I could handle it if this shit even out and I won a few over bets this way but I don't. If 5 to 1 against me and I don't like it and it's a good thing this season is almost over.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

No they fuking don't. They are put up and money moves the number. OT possibly is a non factor on the total.
    Of course it is a factor, just multiply the odds of overtime(s) x the amount of points expected in overtime(s) and that is the # of points in the total line that wouldn't be there if the rule was different.

Emily_Haines

They should offer a regulation time only option and adjust the total a half point.

Extra Innings

And people would bet them

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

............ and you wonder why you are losing?

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

If your so upset maybe you should stop betting for a while.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

And people would bet them
    It could be a double sword. Imagine if you bet the over and bet the -120 line on the total excluding OT. Now not only you got juiced but you lost a bet that could have won if it was bet on the regular -110 line.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post

............ and you wonder why you are losing?
    Yes, you are right.

I'm going to start betting all the games within a point or two of pickem over because the OT possibility is greater. Who would have ever thought winning could be this easy and this awesome system discover by a SBR poster. Amazing!!!

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

i've alwys wondered why they don't have reg time NBA. it'd be a big hit cause no one likes to lose on acct of OT. the under bets would be popular, not the over bets.

but i still say that losing your under on acct of 24 pts in the last 1 min 12 hurts even more.. you are laughing late thinking no way they score 24 in the last 1+ minute, and then threes, foul, threes, foul, lay up, foul and just like that, you lose. i hate losing this way even more than OT. and the worse is when they're down 10 with 1.1 secs to go, and the ahole fouls, and you got +11.5 and you lose by 12. or how about when a guy takes a meaningless 3 to put it over and all he had to do was dribble it out and game is over.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Just bet unders for the 1st half!

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    Just bet unders for the 1st half!
    You can not get good numbers on first half only bets because these lines are not put up until late. Plus the limits are also much smaller. I have also lost a lot of first half unders this year that went over in first half and then under for the game.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Yes, you are right.

I'm going to start betting all the games within a point or two of pickem over because the OT possibility is greater. Who would have ever thought winning could be this easy and this awesome system discover by a SBR poster. Amazing!!!
    So let me get this straight. You think that the books should allow regulation time betting and that the quoted totals would not be affected by this?

You think this despite that fact that this change would make blindly betting unders profitable at (even at -110) for each of the last 3 NBA seasons?

During those three seasons 2.6% of all matchups have been under (or a push) in regulation time but gone over after OT. I don't have the equivalent numbers for CBB but have no reason to believe they would not be similar.

Try thinking before posting, 'Emily'

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

My 2 cents here - which is good for nothing. The overtime does reflect in how a opening number is determined. That is by the average score of the teams involved in a game, in addition to points allowed. In addition to all other current factors-ie injures. gl all

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

This is the same way for me as well. It seems the OT factor always breaks 80% on the opposite side of me. It totally sucks because you can have a game totally pegged on the under, some d-bag makes a 3 to tie the game, and then bam......25 points are added to the total in OT and all of a sudden you're a f*d loser who cant handicap.
    Last edited by ehp6737; 03-06-11 at 07:39 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Emily_Haines gave ehp6737 100 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    This is the same way for me as well. It seems the OT factor always breaks 80% on the opposite side of me. It totally because you can have a game totally pegged on the under, some d-bag makes a 3 to tie the game, and then bam......25 points are added to the total in OT and all of a sudden you're a f*d loser who cant handicap.
    Thank for understanding my pain

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Thank for understanding my pain

Thks my man, that was very kind. Keep trucking along. Not sure why people dont understand how frustrating this shit is. Tommorrow's another day

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Thks my man, that was very kind. Keep trucking along. Not sure why people dont understand how frustrating this shit is. Tommorrow's another day
    We all understand the pain. If 'Emily' was as vociferous when a winning under he bet on came in a half point (or one point) below then it would be all the more so. Those bets would be losers if there were the regulation time totals that he "wants".

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would you be interested in booking my bets for regulation time only using the same O/U total listed including overtime?

This should not be an issue for you since the possibility of overtime is not factored in to the total. Just put me down for the max on the Under 5 minutes before tip off of every game.

Extra Innings

It sucks but their is a guy who bet the over who is reporting the exact opposite. I just won my 76er's bet in overtime @ -7.5. What idiot bet -7.5? It feels great but I would be bitching and moaning if I took the warriors instead...it should all equal out in the end.