1. #1
    pilotdog
    pilotdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-08
    Posts: 23

    Matchbook does not deserve an A

    Matchbook's customer service has gone so far down hiil
    it blows my mine. Tried getting a hold of them for over an hour and got nothing but the stupid message and a busy signal. Then it gets worse when you finally get someone. I asked to talk to a manager and of course the person who answered the phone IS the customer service manager. When I told her that I could no longer send a ** she could of cared less. When I told her I got a busy signal for over an hour she could of cared less. When I told her after 5 days I sill havent received my deposit ( which I paid 30$ to have over nighted) she could of cared less. When I told her they were about to lose the 4,000 I spend there weekly she could of cared less. What happened to them? Do they ever do anything to try to keep customers? I'm not a huge player but I bet well over 10,000 a month. Is that not enough to get some ones attention? Anyway they really should be downgraded to a C or D. They give the same BS as Janzette about new processors and just a few more days for payouts. I think Hollywood's customer service is better then Matchbook and we all know they suck.

  2. #2
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182

    You are right, they should be A+.

  3. #3
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182


  4. #4
    pilotdog
    pilotdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-08
    Posts: 23

    Durito I have two questions foy you. Do you work for them with that non corrobative A+ response? And were you on the high school debate team with that silly semantic joke? You really don't think that kind of shit is funny do you? Yes I know that was three questions.

  5. #5
    fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-08
    Posts: 10,805

    I don't think they have high schools in Columbia.

  6. #6
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182

    You have unrealistic expectations from a customer service person make 1.23 an hour.

    Try calling a US company and see what kind of customer service you get from their call center in Pakistan if you can even understand them.

  7. #7
    TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-08
    Posts: 12,762

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotdog View Post
    Matchbook's customer service has gone so far down hiil
    it blows my mine. Tried getting a hold of them for over an hour and got nothing but the stupid message and a busy signal. Then it gets worse when you finally get someone. I asked to talk to a manager and of course the person who answered the phone IS the customer service manager. When I told her that I could no longer send a ** she could of cared less. When I told her I got a busy signal for over an hour she could of cared less. When I told her after 5 days I sill havent received my deposit ( which I paid 30$ to have over nighted) she could of cared less. When I told her they were about to lose the 4,000 I spend there weekly she could of cared less. What happened to them? Do they ever do anything to try to keep customers? I'm not a huge player but I bet well over 10,000 a month. Is that not enough to get some ones attention? Anyway they really should be downgraded to a C or D. They give the same BS as Janzette about new processors and just a few more days for payouts. I think Hollywood's customer service is better then Matchbook and we all know they suck.
    Wow, another "hot head" SHOUTING off because he had to wait for his turn & then didn't like what he was told. Go take your ball and go home - after all, that is your right.

    Far as the rest of your spew/hatred towards them, last time I had a question with them I sent an e-mail and within the hour I had my response. Your claims of going to C or D are nothing but that of a "hot head". Jump jump, pilotdog has spoken; therefore it must be so.

    Not 100% certain of this but fairly certain SBR has a complaint form you could fill out and send.

  8. #8
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182

    Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    I don't think they have high schools in Columbia.
    You might be right, the people in South Carolina are pretty dumb.

  9. #9
    smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-19-08
    Posts: 12,308
    Betpoints: 5269

    South Carolina? They have em, just rarely use them...

  10. #10
    biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-16-07
    Posts: 2,164
    Betpoints: 3668

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotdog View Post
    Matchbook's customer service has gone so far down hiil
    it blows my mine. Tried getting a hold of them for over an hour and got nothing but the stupid message and a busy signal. Then it gets worse when you finally get someone. I asked to talk to a manager and of course the person who answered the phone IS the customer service manager. When I told her that I could no longer send a ** she could of cared less. When I told her I got a busy signal for over an hour she could of cared less. When I told her after 5 days I sill havent received my deposit ( which I paid 30$ to have over nighted) she could of cared less. When I told her they were about to lose the 4,000 I spend there weekly she could of cared less. What happened to them? Do they ever do anything to try to keep customers? I'm not a huge player but I bet well over 10,000 a month. Is that not enough to get some ones attention? Anyway they really should be downgraded to a C or D. They give the same BS as Janzette about new processors and just a few more days for payouts. I think Hollywood's customer service is better then Matchbook and we all know they suck.

    You really shouldnt step into those

  11. #11
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 262,483
    Betpoints: 3211

    I give them an B+ mainly because they are not a traditional book with lots of bet offers.

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  12. #12
    pilotdog
    pilotdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-08
    Posts: 23

    Wow Typos and semantics Im in clerical hell. If I came off as a hot head iI apologize, its more disappointment then anger. Matchbook is a great idea and for a long time the customer service was the best around. Today I feel as if there is little to no difference between matchbook and any of the Janzette books. Durito once again I dont understand your response. What does an offshore sportsbook company have to do with the several US company outsourcing customer service? I thought this was a forum to give a voice (warning ) to those involved with offshore gambling. I thought this was the correct place to voice my concerns about Matchbooks decline.

  13. #13
    WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-07
    Posts: 3,846
    Betpoints: 54

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I give them an B+ mainly because they are not a traditional book with lots of bet offers.
    Yea but then you have to raise them up a couple notches because they don't have limits. Most people only bet straight bets, ML's and totals anyway. And they are one of 2 shops that offer live betting. Live betting is much better than prop betting or anything else to me.

    A is about right for matchbook.

  14. #14
    fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-08
    Posts: 10,805

    seems like lots of people have problems with their cs.

    people here defend this book like their grandmother runs it or something.

    I don't get it.

  15. #15
    Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-03-08
    Posts: 19,024
    Betpoints: 3006

    Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    I don't think they have high schools in Columbia.

  16. #16
    WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-07
    Posts: 3,846
    Betpoints: 54

    Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    seems like lots of people have problems with their cs.

    people here defend this book like their grandmother runs it or something.

    I don't get it.
    I've played there for years and never had one problem with a deposit, withdrawal, or any call or email I've ever placed to their customer service department.

    That is why I defend them.

  17. #17
    Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-03-08
    Posts: 19,024
    Betpoints: 3006

    Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    seems like lots of people have problems with their cs.

    people here defend this book like their grandmother runs it or something.

    I don't get it.

    Pics from the bash explains alot.

  18. #18
    fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-08
    Posts: 10,805

    hey I play at pinnacle, best book on the planet, and every so often I have to slap their cs into place for this and that.

  19. #19
    accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-07
    Posts: 7,160
    Betpoints: 72

    sure they do drug al-ecare-tel university

    drugg runner community college

  20. #20
    pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-05-07
    Posts: 27,323

    i think it is time for me to put more money in that place. football season is starting.

  21. #21
    fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-08
    Posts: 10,805

    Quote Originally Posted by accuscoresucks View Post
    sure they do drug al-ecare-tel university

    drugg runner community college

  22. #22
    Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-06
    Posts: 6,878

    Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    You might be right, the people in South Carolina are pretty dumb.
    Whoa, now Big Fella!!!

    Not sure what the great state of South Carolina is doing in this thread other than fiveteamer not knowing the difference between Colombia and Columbia. But Doc JS is a proud graduate of Irmo HS (Irmo, SC), the University of South Carolina (Columbia) and the Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston) and I don't cotton too kindly to folks making fun of my state.

    You may continue to flame one another. Please leave South Carolina out of it. Thank you.

    Doc JS

  23. #23
    WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-07
    Posts: 3,846
    Betpoints: 54

    Rich people from the north flock to South Carolina to retire. Its paradise.

  24. #24
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182

    It's generally thought that sportsbooks have terrible customer service (perhaps true), but what industry doesn't these days.

    I've had good and bad customer service experiences with every book out there.

    To suggest dropping matchbook from A to D because of one poor experience on the telephone is rather drastic don't you think?

    Processor issues are very real in this industry, matchbook has handled them as well as anyone, most people get checks in 2-3 days,sometimes it takes a bit longer. Comparing them to jazette and their 4 month payout delays is insane. But, hey maybe you should take your $10k a month to sportsbook.com since they are the same as matchbook.

  25. #25
    pilotdog
    pilotdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-08
    Posts: 23

    I've had the Janzette experience and this is starting to feel a lot like it. However I will agree that a D is a bit over the top, but an A is equally ridiculous. Can we agree that they have stared a pretty steep decline about a year ago and there looks to be no end in sight.

  26. #26
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182

    I haven't noticed a single difference.

    I got a check a few weeks ago in 2 days, same as last year.

  27. #27
    Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-05
    Posts: 2,957
    Betpoints: 1551

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotdog View Post
    I've had the Janzette experience and this is starting to feel a lot like it. However I will agree that a D is a bit over the top, but an A is equally ridiculous. Can we agree that they have stared a pretty steep decline about a year ago and there looks to be no end in sight.
    Nope, from a non-US perspective I've not noticed the slightest difference, with the possible exception of a small downturn in liquidity (which we can't really hold them responsible for). I've had no problem with their support, and have generally as a company found them to be reasonable and willing to work with you.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/8/2005


  28. #28
    Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-21-05
    Posts: 9,288

    I gave Matchbook my #1 vote in the ongoing SBR poll and my opinion hasn't changed.

    So "A" sounds exactly right to me.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/21/2005


  29. #29
    WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-07
    Posts: 3,846
    Betpoints: 54

    Last night for the SC game there was tens of thousands on any side, ML, or total you wanted. Plenty of liquidity during the game too. The liquidity has not changed at all. If anything it is more than a year ago. And it will continue to move up as the teams play a couple of games.

  30. #30
    pilotdog
    pilotdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-08
    Posts: 23

    I hope you all are correct and this is just a freak accident, and one manager in a bad mood.

  31. #31
    pilotdog
    pilotdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-08
    Posts: 23

    I have to give an update in my original complaint. After 3 weeks I finally received my check and it bounced. You guys a right Matchbook is an A sportsbook.

  32. #32
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    The ** thing tickled some US players the wrong way, and they had a minor bump in the road with processing but with as many weeks in a row as we hadn't heard a single legitimate payout complaint; it's not unheard of for a small inconvenience in large part due to the American gambling climate for offshore wagering. As Santo touched on, there's been no headache for non-Americans. Matchbook is and will be fine.

  33. #33
    yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-07
    Posts: 1,515

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotdog View Post
    Wow Typos and semantics Im in clerical hell. If I came off as a hot head iI apologize, its more disappointment then anger. Matchbook is a great idea and for a long time the customer service was the best around. Today I feel as if there is little to no difference between matchbook and any of the Janzette books. Durito once again I dont understand your response. What does an offshore sportsbook company have to do with the several US company outsourcing customer service? I thought this was a forum to give a voice (warning ) to those involved with offshore gambling. I thought this was the correct place to voice my concerns about Matchbooks decline.
    AMEN

  34. #34
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotdog View Post
    I have to give an update in my original complaint. After 3 weeks I finally received my check and it bounced. You guys a right Matchbook is an A sportsbook.
    If you would like, you can fill out this complaint form, but my personal suggestion is that this doesn't really require mediation- tell customer service about this and they'll remedy the situation. In their changing of processors, some hiccups were encountered, Bigboydan posted a blog on this matter just the other day which you might found worth reading and a little reassuring.

  35. #35
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 12,941
    Betpoints: 277

    I have had problems with their customer service relating to wagering. They really are just a bunch of women who are fukin clueless about wagering, in both cases I had to get on SBR to get the problem resolved (the first time had to get Willie B to contact them to get the 120 bucks I had won b/c they graded a "Not to win" wager a push on a tied soccer game and literally refused to regrade it even after I tried talkin sense to those dumb bitches for a half-hour ) . Also the last check they sent me bounced, though they did immediately issue me a new check via Fedex overnight and credit the NSF fees. They are still an A book and one of my 3 favorite books to play at, but yes clearly their customer service is a big disappointment (but then again for a dollar an hour what do you expect)

Top