thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Should I be worried about a substantial balance in wagerchief? They have always been pretty quick on the monthly free ** but I have not really played their since the NFL season. Also the limit is $800 or so as I've never attempted a wire (if that is an option).

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    BP has a lot of upside. Maybe its just coincidental but when their charismatic bookmaker Fernando passed away last year it seemed they never recovered from an operational sense.

I'm sure they don't care but my two cents are they should hire or promote a hands on assistant to Richard because Richard can be quite difficult to contact at times. And two; hire Sylvia who is a customer service manager pro with a long track record in Costa Rica or someone like her. The bottomline is the head guy is stable but not really a day to day operations guy. They do biz in Asia and run the EOG and quite a few other projects. They are just too thin and it shows at BP.
    I can confirm they are getting rid of the 105. I was hit last week when I requested a payout. Also suffered further limits down to 150 per game. Richard was cordial and available. He (BP) has always treated me fairly and i got the impression this was an owner decision. ( I also have 15 second delay)

I have had a nice 2 year run at BP and will keep a small balance there in deference to
    Richard. If he ever leaves--I withdraw all the next day.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Getting rid of -105 for you might not mean they are getting rid of it for everyone. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Overall the news on this thread does not make me think betphoenix is in trouble, but I will be paying careful attention over the next few months to see what happens here.

RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

This book is a joke... always has been.

I remember when i made 2000 worth of bets on Lyon in the Champions League last year.

It won... i log on that night and my limits were reduced... Icalled them back and asked them wtf happened. They said we dont trust you... your american betting on lyon... you cant be trusted.... blah blah blah.

So there reasoning for cutting me was that Im an American that bet on soccer? wtf?

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive noticed that its getting to be like musical chairs with their reps there. I cant believe how much hiring and firing goes on at this joint. The only employee that seems to have remained constant there is Phil, who might be the biggest jerk in this industry.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51449

They seem reputable in general, but they hate anyone who wins, no matter how they do it. I suppose it's their right to allow who they want to play there as long as they pay, but I have a hard time favoring a book who can't accept a winner. Vegas won't throw anyone out cause they happen to go on a lucky streak at the Blackjack table..

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

Quote Originally Posted by pokerplayer22 View Post
    The only employee that seems to have remained constant there is Phil, who might be the biggest jerk in this industry.
    omg, and i thought i was the only one that thought this. phil was the 1st guy i dealt with there and i hated his attitude. he had such an attitude problem with me. so many times he's yelled at me and a few times he slammed the phone on me.

May i recommend a guy named Fred there. He's the CS mgr...helluva nice guy and very courteous and professional. alwys polite and treats you good, unlike this phil guy. i didn't even know phil still worked there. i haven't heard him answer any phone in 1.5 yrs. Deal with Fred instead, great guy. Phil was very rude to me.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

hmmm this is pretty interesting....

JohnnyC
    JohnnyC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 597

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    YES, i too have 20 cent lines in NCAAB and NHL.. always have. but i always had reduced juice in NBA from the beginning of time.. and now it's all 20 cent lines... no one is giving me an answer why. and i am not even playing steam.. i am only playing value, and they know this already. richie and fred promised me they'd never take it off as long as i keep doing what i'm doing.. i was doing this still, and now it reads 20 cent ines in NBA..

Richie boy, what do you want me to do with that garbage 20 cent line. richie, this is not 1985.. Richie, i have not played into a 20 cent line since the mid 80's...the last time i played into a 20 cent line was 1985.. my fav group was WHAM and Duran Duran..richie boy, put back that 10 cent line in nba or i'm coming on the next flight to C.R. to kick your ass..
    Cmon Nicky, you play at -110 shops, but what Richie did to you here is brutal. It's brutal but totally in line with the way he runs this hack shop. They are brutal with ewallet payouts, never again play with them until the smooth out the operations, if ever.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10474

Betmania is part of betphoenix and they took 8 weeks to get me a check. requested a check october first and received it the monday after thanksgiving. they should be a D rating. no question about it.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    Betmania is part of betphoenix and they took 8 weeks to get me a check. requested a check october first and received it the monday after thanksgiving. they should be a D rating. no question about it.
    WTF. 2 months

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks like SBR is distancing itself from Betphoenix...

pokerplayer22

omg, and i thought i was the only one that thought this. phil was the 1st guy i dealt with there and i hated his attitude. he had such an attitude problem with me. so many times he's yelled at me and a few times he slammed the phone on me.

May i recommend a guy named Fred there. He's the CS mgr...helluva nice guy and very courteous and professional. alwys polite and treats you good, unlike this phil guy. i didn't even know phil still worked there. i haven't heard him answer any phone in 1.5 yrs. Deal with Fred instead, great guy. Phil was very rude to me.
    A few weeks ago Phil went off on one of his tantrums on me...so much so that i withdrew all my funds and closed my acct. A few days later I did get a call from Fred appologizing for Phil's yelling and crying, and yes I agree, Fred seemed very nice. Wont be going back though until Phily boy is gone.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

All of these posts and everything that is happening to BP is a warning sign. They are not stable. They will do anything to hide their problems. It sounds like it is bailout time for those of you who have money in this book, or any of it's affiliates.

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    All of these posts and everything that is happening to BP is a warning sign. They are not stable. They will do anything to hide their problems. It sounds like it is bailout time for those of you who have money in this book, or any of it's affiliates.
    Agree

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Yeah, I haven't put any money into Phoenix yet, but i'm very wary of doing so at this point...seems like a pretty big risk nowadays.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

So I guess the million dollar question is, Am I ok playing here? I do not have a big bankroll here. I am strictly a recreational gambler. I can't see myself getting limited with the size of my bets that I make.

I like their site and the functionally of it. So because of that and the reduced juice, that is why I deposited there recently.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

nothing you can do about that now.

I'd advise not depositing further funds, but if you're already funded, you just play and pray.

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO
    BettingGeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetPhoenix is not SBR sponsored book anymore

Holy shit

If I have $200. Can I be SBR PRO?

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO

Bobby, Lou check in

If I deposit $200 at BetPhoenix today. Am I eligible to be PRO?

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Why on earth would you deposit at betphoenix????

Also, you dont have to just deposit $200. You can deposit more if you would like.

Just send the money to 5dimes and stop wasting time

DBurton81
    DBurton81's Avatar Become A Pro!

BP can suck my balls! Those guys have stolen money from so many people!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would never play at an operation like that

I play at the top books

szk1983
    szk1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure they are no longer a sponsor.

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by szk1983 View Post
    don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure they are no longer a sponsor.
    JJGold, can you get someone to confirm this?

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guess Im in the minority

I dont rate them for bailing from the free plays. How often did you expect them to bend over and give free plays to little johnny and his ghost who would not send them a dime EVER!..The non pro ghost fuked it up for us common guys

All I want from Bet Pheonix is to send them a $25 deposit, build it to 2oo bucks and have them pay me the same day or next

some of the lengthy payout delays are guys who took 30 day hold required bonuses

Kudos to them and wagerchief for all the free plays they gave us guys until they had so many hemorrhoids they had to say no mas

any average joe like me still get paid the same day or next with an actual cash deposit?

If you never sent em a dime and cashed out 5-15 free plays I could see why they may slow pay you

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by BettingGeek View Post
    JJGold, can you get someone to confirm this?
    You're trolling/joking, right?

They haven't been a sponsor since early February, I think. Certainly not in the past few weeks.

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel little bad for players who has their money at BP. All this thing happening last few month give us wright to think that BP is in some deep sheet.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

BP was never a B+ Book and almost everyone knew it. SBR finally "figured it out" too when the ad money dried up. Not worth playing there anymore--not worth the risk.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

Quote Originally Posted by DBurton81 View Post
    BP can suck my balls! Those guys have stolen money from so many people!
    Do we know this? I doubt it. With all the griping lately I have yet to see anything posted about "stolen money".

A couple weeks ago I had a smooth withdrawal. At first there was a snag concerning the no fee check I requested, but it was quickly addressed and handled well. Fred, who Nicky praised above, was a great help in getting things taken care of.

I still have money there and have no concerns about it.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    Do we know this? I doubt it. With all the griping lately I have yet to see anything posted about "stolen money".

A couple weeks ago I had a smooth withdrawal. At first there was a snag concerning the no fee check I requested, but it was quickly addressed and handled well. Fred, who Nicky praised above, was a great help in getting things taken care of.

I still have money there and have no concerns about it.
    Agree, as I posted earlier. I am only reducing my balance there because no way I can get it all in with my restrictions. I know of no one stiffed. slow paid obviously, but stiffed NO! I am still convinced they have plenty in their roll.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Players haven't been cheated or stiffed. These terms get thrown around easily anytime there is a delay.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I would never play at an operation like that

I play at the top books
    A month ago, when the ad $$$ were coming in, you weren't allowed to say this about BP. You're SBR's asswipe.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer, and KGambler

king
    king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

I am happy with them and they have payed on time. I never had problem's as some of you are saying.

First 12