ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0 View Post
    Yes thank you. I do see that. But I'm sure theres a better way to manage it by just clicking somewhere near a poster, confirm ... voila !! never have to see their names appear and clog up quality threads (it still displays the name and that they posted) .... Also I'm sure SBR can do better than going to settings - > ignore list - > manage list -> blah blah ...

Yea I hear ya....It sucks that it still shows that they posted. I thought the whole ignore function, would make it so you'd thought they had died(dream come true) But whats the point if you still see there name everywhere.

That's why I don't use the function, because it's just as annoying as actually seeing there posts.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    When you click on a thread the first post tells you when the thread was originally created. If you put this info on the front page the whole page will look like scrambled eggs with numbers for the dates.
    not necessarily. below is how mine looks (not sure about others), but you see the february contest on the right all by itself? move that elsewhere and create another column that just stats "first post by.....name, date/time"

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    not necessarily. below is how mine looks (not sure about others), but you see the february contest on the right all by itself? move that elsewhere and create another column that just stats "first post by.....name, date/time"
    Exactly, or underneath it, in your image like it says Lou. You could simply make that say "Created by $USERID on
    $CREATE_DATE"

Either way you can't lose

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    Exactly, or underneath it, in your image like it says Lou. You could simply make that say "Created by $USERID on
    $CREATE_DATE"

Either way you can't lose
    This is a really solid idea. I can't tell you how many times I get suckered into open a 5 year old thread that was inexplicably bumped.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Some very good ideas in here

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

I want to see a "show only posts by user" option within each individual thread. For example, some season long threads in the sub forums have thousands of posts scattered over hundreds of pages. If I am looking for the last post by a specific user, or want to find an old post of someone's in that thread, I could just click a "show only posts by user" drop down option menu which lists every user that has made a post in that thread, click on a user, and it will list only the posts that specific user has made in that specific thread in chronological order. Does that make sense? Another forum I post on has this and it is very convenient.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    I want to see a "show only posts by user" option within each individual thread. For example, some season long threads in the sub forums have thousands of posts scattered over hundreds of pages. If I am looking for the last post by a specific user, or want to find an old post of someone's in that thread, I could just click a "show only posts by user" drop down option menu which lists every user that has made a post in that thread, click on a user, and it will list only the posts that specific user has made in that specific thread in chronological order. Does that make sense? Another forum I post on has this and it is very convenient.
    EXCELLENT idea!!

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Everything I've seen in here is very easily done for any php/aspx dev

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Some great ideas hubie, nice work! Even though half the thread was taken up by that clown Gates just complaining.

In regards to someone's idea about separate spreadsheets, it was mentioned not too long ago that new spreadsheets should be introduced around late summer/early fall. I think it was something on the SBR To-Do List.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Some great ideas hubie, nice work! Even though half the thread was taken up by that clown Gates just complaining. In regards to someone's idea about separate spreadsheets, it was mentioned not too long ago that new spreadsheets should be introduced around late summer/early fall. I think it was something on the SBR To-Do List.

3 posts of making a request? out of 44 posts in the thread. I bet you make a killing being a vegas insider.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

another thing i wanna see is when i subscribe to a thread, i want the option of just having email notifications from JUST the OP, not all the ass clowns clogging it up with unwanted shit

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Because Shari/bobby seem to do a pretty horrible job at it.
    thanks
    Points Awarded:

ngates815 gave bobbyfk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

bobby, you do a great job and we all know it

First 12