Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    14-15 vs teams with a winning record this year.
    5-11 in games decided by 5 or fewer points this year.
    0 (ZERO) Rings
    A Bronze medal - LOL?
    Did you not watch his win or go home playoff performance last year?

ever heard about sample size? LOL

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    Really? Anybody who has been here knows that threads take different turns and you just have to go with the flow.. But I'm puzzled about how you forgot about a comment involving Kobe you posted earlier in this same thread:

"Agree 100%. I love the people that still try to stick up for him, saying he is by far the best player in the league. How can that be so when he always seems to disappear against the big teams. Choking tonight, couldn't hit his FT's against the Celts."

Remember? You were responding to a poster who said Kobe would get the job done much better... Going along with your trend of using recent events to prove that a player isn't clutch: that how about Kobe yesterday? Does than mean he is not clutch? What about during Game 7 of the NBA finals? Does that mean he is not clutch? It seems that you have different standards for different players. And that is the point I'm trying to make!
    Other than me saying that I agree with someone on their comment, everything I said was about Lebron. As for Kobe not being clutch yesterday, I didn't see that game, but the Lakers won. So whatever happened Kobe didn't lose the game for the Lakers. How about the Portland/Lakers game a few days ago. Kobe Dominated and brought the lakers back from the dead and then took over in OT. Kobe has proven he is a winner, Lebron hasn't. That's my opinion.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Let's see how much you can hate on Lebron now without hating on everyone beneath him in this category, including Kobe.

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Thanks for the stats man. i will spread the word. Freaking haters

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post

Other than me saying that I agree with someone on their comment, everything I said was about Lebron. As for Kobe not being clutch yesterday, I didn't see that game, but the Lakers won. So whatever happened Kobe didn't lose the game for the Lakers. How about the Portland/Lakers game a few days ago. Kobe Dominated and brought the lakers back from the dead and then took over in OT. Kobe has proven he is a winner, Lebron hasn't. That's my opinion.
    Last I checked, championships were a team accomplishment. We've all seen how successful Kobe was before the NBA gave him Gasol.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    14-15 vs teams with a winning record this year.
    5-11 in games decided by 5 or fewer points this year.
    0 (ZERO) Rings
    A Bronze medal - LOL?
    Did you not watch his win or go home playoff performance last year?
    Those 1st two sound more like a team problem. Nope ,no rings. However along with the bronze medal, he has a gold one. Why not mention that one? And I watched quite a few performances. However, what's your point? You seem to be jumping all over the place..

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Last I checked, championships were a team accomplishment. We've all seen how successful Kobe was before the NBA gave him Gasol.

You mean when he had Shaq for three of those championships?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post

You mean when he had Shaq for three of those championships?
    I mean after Shaq left, and Kobe had nobody and started whining about being traded.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    I mean after Shaq left, and Kobe had nobody and started whining about being traded.

my bad dude i misread your comment. I was so eager to cut your throat. I dont know how i missed the sarcasm in that 1. I agree with your first statement. He was going to leave the Lakers if they didn't give him Gasol

Bradyd

I hate to tell you this, but being a winner has nothing to do with being clutch. Teams win, players are clutch. All the clutch performances in the world don't mean a thing if a teammate commits a stupid foul, or turns the ball over, or is match by another clutch performance.... However you stated that Lebron always disappears in these big games, but I can give you many times that kobe has disappeared and on a much bigger scale. So why is it that you give Kobe a pass but not Lebron????

Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

LeChoke dude isnt clutch he cant make a jumper to save his life

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Gio21 View Post
    LeChoke dude isnt clutch he cant make a jumper to save his life

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

NickS8753
    NickS8753's Avatar Become A Pro!

his stats and abilities seem to wilt under all the pressure. it is not just the pressure of the game, but his whole career crashing down on him when he tries to 'be clutch'. the thing is, you can't argue with his stats and abilities. obviously, jordan was the essence of 'clutch' and thats what made him legendary. and everyone here might hate, but when you look at a one-on-one matchup, lebron would still beat jordan.

RiverRaid
    RiverRaid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15038

He might go down as the most hyped overrated player in history, but then again they could win the title this year. Who knows?

Lamb Chops
    Lamb Chops's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate to tell you this, but being a winner has nothing to do with being clutch. Teams win, players are clutch. All the clutch performances in the world don't mean a thing if a teammate commits a stupid foul, or turns the ball over, or is match by another clutch performance.... However you stated that Lebron always disappears in these big games, but I can give you many times that kobe has disappeared and on a much bigger scale. So why is it that you give Kobe a pass but not Lebron????
    Because Bryant has 5 rings. Lebron has no midrange game. Its pretty hard to create any seperation when someone is just going to know you're gonna drive to try and draw a foul or get the layin. Kobe in that same spot makes the shot unblockable by pulling up for a 14 foot jumper

tdog152
    tdog152's Avatar Become A Pro!

hes not clutch thats for sure!!!

Lamb Chops
    Lamb Chops's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because Bryant has 5 rings. Lebron has no midrange game. Its pretty hard to create any seperation when someone is just going to know you're gonna drive to try and draw a foul or get the layin. Kobe in that same spot makes the shot unblockable by pulling up for a 14 foot jumper

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

wow. owned. There needs to be more people like you who bring FACTS not opinions to the table. Thanks for the gem website too

Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tdog152 View Post
    hes not clutch thats for sure!!!
    because the stats show he is?

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    wow. owned. There needs to be more people like you who bring FACTS not opinions to the table. Thanks for the gem website too

Facts trumps opinions

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17272

Mike Bibby will now attempt game winning shots for the Heat.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Facts trumps opinions
    everytime

clippernation
    clippernation's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wade is better than LeBron but LeBron is certainly not a 2nd rate player....

Bradyd

Quote Originally Posted by Lamb Chops View Post
    huh?? Did you even read my post??

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

LeBRONZE 0-3 in his last 3 game tying/winning attempts. Yeah, he's clutch.

baldur
    baldur's Avatar Become A Pro!

please close this thread. lebron isn't clutch, of course. this is sure.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Once again he shows everyone why he just can't get it done when it counts. Even with an all star cast surrounding him he can't close it out. Guy is 2nd rate at best.
    Good call mikail.

Rose, Kobe, Durant, Nowitski, Melo, Wade, Ginobili, Parker, Ray Allen>>>>>>>>>Le Bron. Those players will all win you a game in the dying seconds before this clown.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

exactly. For ppl that mention game 7 vs the c's well he still top scored and had the most rebounds. Dominated the boards so he still found a way to win. He was awesome in the series n got mvp. Kobe>>>>. Le Bron easily.

Kobe led the lakers the last 2 seasons to capture the championship whether he had gasol or not who cares every team does it with more than one '' star ''

Le Bron hasnt yet. The facts speak for themselves.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

my bad dude i misread your comment. I was so eager to cut your throat. I dont know how i missed the sarcasm in that 1. I agree with your first statement. He was going to leave the Lakers if they didn't give him Gasol
    You try winning with Kwame Brown as your starting center and Smush Parker as your starting point guard. It's amazing he led that team to the playoffs...

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    You try winning with Kwame Brown as your starting center and Smush Parker as your starting point guard. It's amazing he led that team to the playoffs...
    and luke walton as your 3rd option

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Kobe is shooting 25 percent for game winners! That is terrible! Kobe is NOT clutch! I would rather have a ton of NBA players taking the shot other than Kobe. He is 14 out of 56! That is awful!!

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Kobe is shooting 25 percent for game winners! That is terrible! Kobe is NOT clutch! I would rather have a ton of NBA players taking the shot other than Kobe. He is 14 out of 56! That is awful!!

Using outdated websites that use biased definitions (Multiple shots can be taken in 25s) to support their argument is sound evidence. And the world is flat.

Hell, Kobe had 6 game winners last year. Sorry, currently(This thread is current correct?) Kobe has over 20 game winners even by your faulty definition which counts misses for the same game he hit the winning shot.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...h-then-what-is

If you don't think Kobe is clutch you're just a hater, anyone with 5+ rings is automatically clutch not really an argument worth arguing there.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    If Kobe isn't clutch, how come so many NBA general managers want him taking the last shot with the game on the line?

And who would you rather have taking the last shot at the end of a ballgame? LeBron?

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I have to admit it. I really do enjoy watching him fail. I know it's wrong and I don't know why I loath the guy so much but I do. Put Kobe in that same situation and 9/10 times he gets the win. That's the difference between a winner and a LeChoke.

statistically kobe is one of the least clutch guys in NBA history don't fal for that closer crap

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Lebron isn't clutch at all...Lebron is a choke artist. This is nothing new. He has no heart...he's just a nike advertisment with no substance behind him

wikkidinsane

Lebron led a shitty cavs team to the finals and now he is ona teamw ith Wade and Bosh I wouldnt be suprised if they win it all this year. East finals bound for sure to square up against the Celtics

First 123456 Last