big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I agree. Yet LeChoke still gets the last shot.
    What is LeBron's shooting % in clutch situations? What is Wades?

Do you even know or do you just pull this stuff out of your ass?

koby25
    koby25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

I do know that in clutch situations that Koby Bryant is 30%. I read it a couple weeks back. Jordan now he was clutch

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

Do those stats take into account FT's?? I know Lebron isn't a sure thing from the line when he needs them.

koby25

Those stats I think are from the last 25 seconds in a game. I like Lebron but I think Wade should be in that position at end of game

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    Do those stats take into account FT's?? I know Lebron isn't a sure thing from the line when he needs them.
    What in the world leads you to believe that?

LeBron is shooting 90% from the line in clutch situations this year. Last year he shot 80%. Two years ago he shot 85%. He's really no better or worse shooting FTs in clutch situations than Kobe Bryant.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by koby25 View Post
    Those stats I think are from the last 25 seconds in a game. I like Lebron but I think Wade should be in that position at end of game
    For these stats "Clutch" is defined as:
    4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points

R23k
    R23k's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is a reason he went to Miami. So Wade can take the last shot and he doesnt have to worry about missing it. Derrick Rose is clutch and the MVP

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

who cares bout regular season? for me, the clutch time is in playoff tight game under 2 minute and it's obvious lebron is not clutch (yet, maybe). hell, he can even doesn't care for it

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by nulldah View Post
    who cares bout regular season? for me, the clutch time is in playoff tight game under 2 minute and it's obvious lebron is not clutch (yet, maybe). hell, he can even doesn't care for it
    Care to support this statement with facts?

sjm5122

He excelled in every category, except in nailing his free throws. James proved that he was nothing more than a mediocre free-throw shooter from the charity stripe, shooting just 77.7 percent from the line (missing up to six free throws during one game). Meanwhile, Kobe Bryant shot an incredible 93.1 percent from the free-throw line during the Nugget-Lakers series (missing a total of five free throws). Producing in the big game Game Six of the Cavaliers-Magic series was a do-or-die situation for LeBron James and the Cavs.

sjm5122

That as well as the Celtics Heat game this season where he couldn't hit both

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

He excelled in every category, except in nailing his free throws. James proved that he was nothing more than a mediocre free-throw shooter from the charity stripe, shooting just 77.7 percent from the line (missing up to six free throws during one game). Meanwhile, Kobe Bryant shot an incredible 93.1 percent from the free-throw line during the Nugget-Lakers series (missing a total of five free throws). Producing in the big game Game Six of the Cavaliers-Magic series was a do-or-die situation for LeBron James and the Cavs.
    77.7% during what period of time? Why pick out only one series?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

That as well as the Celtics Heat game this season where he couldn't hit both
    Why pick out one series or one game? We have stats for their entire bodies of work.

koby25

Clutch 5 min or less left. That is not clutch. Read up how they took Koby clutch stats and he is 30 %. with 25 seconds left.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Clutch 5 min or less left. That is not clutch. Read up how they took Koby clutch stats and he is 30 %. with 25 seconds left.
    In game-winning or game-tying shots, Kobe Bryant is 5-22 all-time in the playoffs. LeBron is 5-9 in those same situations.

Is there any other situation you'd like to try to single out to somehow support your misguided assumption?????

Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

funny topic i am non american and a non basketball expert. I was in the US when lebron annnounced going to south beach and was just lolled by all the reactions at the move. I think everyone is entitled to do what they feel is best for them. I really dont understand the hate it seems a lot off people are just jealous.

I have seen some basketball this season and just like top athletes. I think top players, play at their best the whole game not only the last part of a game. I just like him as a player because he plays spectacular. I think everyone should be happy with such a guy being around he can do things only a gew other players can. Those top players make watching interesting or do you all want to watch mediocare players?

Additionally, about the clutch thing. How can you argue about this. The NBA records stats of everything so should be a simple fact finder

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Lebron has failed too many of these game winners.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by in2thethickofit View Post
    Lebron has failed too many of these game winners.
    Care to quantify this theory?

Rolo1984

Who decided 25 seconds is the clutch mark? Why not make it the 10 seconds mark? 5 seconds mark? What objective criteria are there for a situation to be definded as 'clutch'. It seems clutch is far more stretching than 25 seconds. It seems 25 seconds just comes in hand to offer compelling stats

Isnt clutch just the abillity of a player, when a game is very tight, to take his team by the hand and guide it. For me that goes further than 25 seconds. In addition, what about variance? I do not believe samplesize is big enough to prove anything significant.

I see a lot of people say something withouth facts. The human brain works fairly simple. All lebron james haters remember his missing shots, all lebron james fans remember his hitting shots
    Last edited by Rolo1984; 02-28-11 at 04:20 PM.

sjm5122

I don't doubt that Lebron has a good FG% in clutch situations. He can bull rush and drive at will. Those layups certainly make his FG% much higher. I attribute that ability more to his physical power than his basketball skills. We saw him try to use that tactic again last night, however it didn't work out so well. His FT percentage in clutch situations from seasons 2004-2009 isn't near 90% as you've stated. It is .738. Kobe's was .839 and Melo's was .824. I don't think Lebron has raised that percentage to 90 since 2009. I don't think Lebron is a bad player. I certainly don't like the guy, but he has amazing physical ability.

koby25

You talking about playoffs. I'm talking about his career. I'm done talking about it . Read about it

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

You talking about playoffs. I'm talking about his career. I'm done talking about it . Read about it
    OK.

In his career, Kobe Bryant is 36/115 on game winning shots.

I really think you should be the one reading about this stuff. You appear to be extremely misinformed.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo1984 View Post
    funny topic i am non american and a non basketball expert. I was in the US when lebron annnounced going to south beach and was just lolled by all the reactions at the move. I think everyone is entitled to do what they feel is best for them. I really dont understand the hate it seems a lot off people are just jealous.

I have seen some basketball this season and just like top athletes. I think top players, play at their best the whole game not only the last part of a game. I just like him as a player because he plays spectacular. I think everyone should be happy with such a guy being around he can do things only a gew other players can. Those top players make watching interesting or do you all want to watch mediocare players?

Additionally, about the clutch thing. How can you argue about this. The NBA records stats of everything so should be a simple fact finder
    Here in America, our sports fans rather spend all of their energy hating a player as oppose to supporting a player they like. It may be the same way around the world, but I can only speak for what I experience here. You will hear many reasons as to why they didn't like Lebron's move, but the more you hear it the more they sound ridiculous....

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

I don't doubt that Lebron has a good FG% in clutch situations. He can bull rush and drive at will. Those layups certainly make his FG% much higher. I attribute that ability more to his physical power than his basketball skills. We saw him try to use that tactic again last night, however it didn't work out so well. His FT percentage in clutch situations from seasons 2004-2009 isn't near 90% as you've stated. It is .738. Kobe's was .839 and Melo's was .824. I don't think Lebron has raised that percentage to 90 since 2009. I don't think Lebron is a bad player. I certainly don't like the guy, but he has amazing physical ability.
    He is shooting 90% FT this season in clutch situations.

He shot 80% FT last season in clutch situations.

He shot 85% FT two years ago in clutch situations.

He shot 79% FT three years ago in clutch situations.

He did have issues from the line earlier in his career. But it should be apparent to everyone that those aren't issues at this point in his career.

sjm5122

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...ame/index.html

That article supports your FG% argument, not the FT% one though.

Bradyd

I don't see how you can bring up Lebron's "clutch" performance yesterday, or lack thereof and not bring up Kobe's. I seen both games and I couldn't tell the difference between either one...

sjm5122

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    I don't see how you can bring up Lebron's "clutch" performance yesterday, or lack thereof and not bring up Kobe's. I seen both games and I couldn't tell the difference between either one...
    Because this thread is titled "Lebron isn't clutch", not Kobe isn't clutch

Rolo1984

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    Here in America, our sports fans rather spend all of their energy hating a player as oppose to supporting a player they like. It may be the same way around the world, but I can only speak for what I experience here. You will hear many reasons as to why they didn't like Lebron's move, but the more you hear it the more they sound ridiculous....
    Well, the difference with the rest of the world is that in america you have the system of franchises. So when a top player of my favorite team goes to the rival the player is targeted because of the emotions of fans towards the club. But when that player moves to another club noone hates the player but will congratulate him

Always thought American always loved their big stars in any sport. I was actually shocked by the booing in all different stadiums when lebron entered the hall. No offence to americans, but that is just plain retarded booing someone who did not do anything to you just puzzles me

I always tell people to cherise your star players. They make or break a game. In soccer we have cristiano ronaldo who is disliked a lot but mainly because of his personality on the pitch. Cant say that about lebron

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

In order to say that LeBron isn't clutch, you'd have to establish a baseline or benchmark for what constitutes "clutch".

Rolo1984

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...ame/index.html

That article supports your FG% argument, not the FT% one though.

i still think samplesize should be bigger. But these numbers show the topic title to be statistical 'wrong'

Especially the fact that overall shooting % of lebron and anthony is higher in clutch situations than normal situations compared to the lower numbers of wade and bryant.

Additionally, let's no neglect the fact lebron being 7 year younger than kobe. Experience plays an important role imo. In the article the take the last 5 seasons when they started lebron was aged 20 and kobe 27.
    Last edited by Rolo1984; 02-28-11 at 04:54 PM.

Bradyd

Very true... But yet you decided to take up an argument involving Kobe. If you are going to compare the two, you must keep the playing field level. Not slanted just enough to prove your point..

sjm5122

No I gave the article that actually backs up the argument that Lebron is more clutch than Kobe based on his FG%. I simply stated that I believe Lebron isn't as good of a jump shooter or FT shooter. The article supports the second half of that. It would be stupid to simply bring up random events of Kobe not being clutch, as you had asked for, when this thread is centered on Lebron. If we want to start a thread asking who the most clutch NBA player is, or Is Kobe Clutch?. Then I suppose arguing Lebron Vs Kobe would fit. But according to that article, why would it only be Kobe Vs Lebron argument. Manu or Nash should be up there IMO

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL
    Zenyatta 19-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 591

Yea

Bradyd

No I gave the article that actually backs up the argument that Lebron is more clutch than Kobe based on his FG%. I simply stated that I believe Lebron isn't as good of a jump shooter or FT shooter. The article supports the second half of that. It would be stupid to simply bring up random events of Kobe not being clutch, as you had asked for, when this thread is centered on Lebron. If we want to start a thread asking who the most clutch NBA player is, or Is Kobe Clutch?. Then I suppose arguing Lebron Vs Kobe would fit. But according to that article, why would it only be Kobe Vs Lebron argument. Manu or Nash should be up there IMO

Really? Anybody who has been here knows that threads take different turns and you just have to go with the flow.. But I'm puzzled about how you forgot about a comment involving Kobe you posted earlier in this same thread:

"Agree 100%. I love the people that still try to stick up for him, saying he is by far the best player in the league. How can that be so when he always seems to disappear against the big teams. Choking tonight, couldn't hit his FT's against the Celts."

Remember? You were responding to a poster who said Kobe would get the job done much better... Going along with your trend of using recent events to prove that a player isn't clutch: that how about Kobe yesterday? Does than mean he is not clutch? What about during Game 7 of the NBA finals? Does that mean he is not clutch? It seems that you have different standards for different players. And that is the point I'm trying to make!

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

14-15 vs teams with a winning record this year.
    5-11 in games decided by 5 or fewer points this year.
    0 (ZERO) Rings
    A Bronze medal - LOL?
    Did you not watch his win or go home playoff performance last year?

First 12345 ... Last