ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

since you started gambling, do you....

no longer have a favorite team in certain sports? and lose interest in watching games if you dont have a bet on it?

think since i started unless it steelers football i could careless who wins unless i got cash on it...

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I still enjoy watching my teams, and have a rule to only bet against them.

I usually don't watch games, even ones I wager on though though I do follow the games through game logs, etc.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

i no longer care who wins, as long as my bet does i will watch my teams play if i dont have a bet, but find it decidedly uninteresting.

its strange, because i used to be one of those crazy fans who would cry and have a hissy fit when my team lost. now its all about the money.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel exactly the same. It upsets me that I dont care that much anymore. I wish I could go back to how I used to feel about my teams. I'll always root for them, but I dont care whether they win or lose. Sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    i no longer care who wins, as long as my bet does i will watch my teams play if i dont have a bet, but find it decidedly uninteresting.

its strange, because i used to be one of those crazy fans who would cry and have a hissy fit when my team lost. now its all about the money.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still root for my teams, but if I have a certain angle I will not hesitate to fade them.

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I still root for my teams but I was always willing to fade them even back in college.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

I never bet on my favorite teams. There is a kind of purity that I like to keep for those games.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes the business nature of sports has been brought to my attention like the rigged shit, not into it anymore like i was back in the day as a kid.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Gambling took that away from me.

NO FAVOURITE TEAMS.

Bet with your head, not your heart.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

i still root on my favorite team. If I don't bet my team, I won't bet the game

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

I came into football betting with a couple prejudices: I loved the Eagles, hated the Cowboys and Patriots.

Since starting betting, I've developed emotional biases in favor of the Saints, Jets, Green Bay, and Baltimore and against the Steelers, Redskins, and Vikings. I have to try pretty hard to separate the emotional from the facts.

Though when I've bet against the Eagles or for the Cowboys, I've done very well.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still have favorite teams, but I think the beating gambling puts on you has made me more immune to my teams losing now to where it doesn't stab me in the heart like it did before I started gambling. I think the bad beats from gambling are so much tougher than your team choking ... maybe that's just me. But watching my team fail in the playoffs seems like nothing compared to betting an over and seeing the total within four points of cashing and then seeing no points in the last 2:30 minutes of a game or having an under and seeing 19 points scored in the last damn minute of the game.