Betpoints: 13

what a prick. hes like a virtual mafioso

NicksPicks
    NicksPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a douche

kylehen_son
    kylehen_son's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

lol for such a solid book you'd think they wouldn't allow this prick to work the customer service...

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

5dimes needs some new linemakers, they f-ck up every day and tony has to deal with it

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    5dimes needs some new linemakers, they f-ck up every day and tony has to deal with it
    That wasn't a line error it was a typing error, you hang as many different lines as they do mistakes are going to happen, but then I guess everyone here never makes a typing mistake.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    If you bet St Johns at +135 you're so stupid you deserve to lose your money.
    Nope, don't bet bad lines because it gives books free shots at you...

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    That wasn't a line error it was a typing error, you hang as many different lines as they do mistakes are going to happen, but then I guess everyone here never makes a typing mistake.
    I guess I'm just surprised the way Tony goes about it. Most books just cancel the wager, and send you an email. Tony temporarily disables your account and wants to talk to you personally.

Then he makes it sound like you can keep the bad line but he'll close your account, or in this case, remove your Reduced Juice privileges.

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    every day there's a new thread with someone getting a bad line from 5D.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats funny how they think their shit dont stink..and they are correct

You leave them you just punish yourself...book is a must have

thats why they dont shark for deposits. They are great and they know it

PoweRay
    PoweRay's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kylehen_son View Post
    lol for such a solid book you'd think they wouldn't allow this prick to work the customer service...
    Isn't Tony the owner? If he is he probably won't ever fire himself, lol

PoweRay
    PoweRay's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shot tackers are just asking for trouble

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

Very typical conversation with 5dimes I would say huh.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea he needs to stay in the back ground and let others handle customer relations.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    every day there's a new thread with someone getting a bad line from 5D.
    And 99% of the time they know they are betting a bad line but want sympathy when the bet gets cancelled.

The majority of bad lines are typing mistakes not the linesman making bad lines, if you made bad lines over and over at 5Dimes you wouldn't last a week there.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    yea he needs to stay in the back ground and let others handle customer relations.
    No way. Tony calls all of the shots at 5Dimes. He has done stuff for me that isnt on the service reps flow chart and there is absolutley no way a phone operator could be trusted to do. If you want anything done at 5D it goes through Tony. And you guys are correct, if you can get past the initial FU stance he takes he is a very reasonable person. I think he does this to get an idea of who he is dealing with. I've talked to him enough times that he usually starts off the conversation "what is it this time" or "I bet you have a screenshot" etc etc.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post

If he gets wind of this post kiss your reduced juice goodbye.

He will now know you lied to him and are laughing at him by posting your chat with him on a public forum.

You should only post these types of things as a last resort or if you know your reduced juice is gone for good.

You are risking your RJ there for no reason,you may want to consider deleting it.

They had me on 25 limits...who cares

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    Nope, don't bet bad lines because it gives books free shots at you...

sportscash
    See ya SBR
    sportscash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thieves if you ask me.The delete any wager they want and leave no sign of the bet.So i suggest to anyone that bets at 5 dimes to keep receipts of any bets they place unless your a $5 bettor.

sportscash
    See ya SBR
    sportscash's Avatar Become A Pro!

They limit me to $50 on NFL that is piss poor and i estimate i was up only $400 in the 2 weeks i opened account.I have withdrawn my cash and have not been back.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Quote Originally Posted by sportscash View Post
    They limit me to $50 on NFL that is piss poor and i estimate i was up only $400 in the 2 weeks i opened account.I have withdrawn my cash and have not been back.
    Sounds like you pinched them the wrong way by doing something else.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    They had me on 25 limits...who cares
    The OP does but obviosly if one doesn't give a shit about reduced juice or having an account there,then go ahead take your best shot, i've thrown many towrds oddsmaker, BP,Carl and richard from bet911, wagerweb,betus and many others.... why cause i don't care

Now if i have a beef at Pinny and get into a chat session with some clown that resembles that of the above i won't post it on public forum cause i want the account to stay in good standing...why cause i care and feel that could possibly f\*\*k it up.

Thats all im saying dude.

loyd
    loyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

all the bad line cases you hear about on SBR are with 5dimes, it seem they put the lines manually instead of using the feed of a reputable source.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

What kind of a business gets angry at their customers for trying to steal from them?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    I've had a few phone conversations with Tony before he went to mostly using live chat. He comes across the same way on the phone. The one thing I can say about the guy is he is fair. Always has been to me anyway. I would probably be a prick too if I had to deal with all of the douchebag degenerates he has to. At least you are talking to the HNIC at 5dimes.
    Taking away your reduced line because you have a question isn't fair. It's being an asshole.

The proper way to handle this is if the prick says "if you question me again I'll take away your reduced juice" is to say "I'm a life long loser with your book. If you take away my reduced juice I'll lose my money with another book."

I've done just that. I don't deal with 5dimes because of shit like this. I'm sure they don't care about some loser like me losing $5,000 per year but there are many more just like me and that adds up.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    What kind of a business gets angry at their customers for trying to steal from them?
    It's not a matter of getting angry because they try to steal from them. It's called getting a better line.

But businesses all over the world are just like this. It only takes one person above the asshole to allow that asshole to stay in business. The person keeping Tony in business doesn't know how much money he is costing the company.
    Last edited by QuantumLeap; 02-27-11 at 01:24 AM.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Someone who loses money for his business.

But businesses all over the world are just like this. It only takes one person above the asshole to allow that asshole to stay in business. The person keeping Tony in business doesn't know how much money he is costing the company.
    Believe it or not businesses all over the world are like this because they are in business to make money and thieves if not properly taking care of from the jump can have a huge effect on their bottom dollar.

All you hear about when people praise 5dimes is the huge selection of betting options there are to bet on and when you are offering 5X the betting options of your competitors you are going to have 5 times the errors.

If I ran a book I would just freeroll shot taking scumbags like this and wait till after the game to cancel the wager if they win. Tony choses to discipline them with a slap on the wrist. Guys should be grateful that they get off the hook with the ass chewing they get but instead they come here and cry about it.

"I tried to steal from a book and the mean manager yelled at me" "I can't win at gambling unless I cheat and steal, its not fair"

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Believe it or not businesses all over the world are like this because they are in business to make money and thieves if not properly taking care of from the jump can have a huge effect on their bottom dollar.

All you hear about when people praise 5dimes is the huge selection of betting options there are to bet on and when you are offering 5X the betting options of your competitors you are going to have 5 times the errors.

If I ran a book I would just freeroll shot taking scumbags like this and wait till after the game to cancel the wager if they win. Tony choses to discipline them with a slap on the wrist. Guys should be grateful that they get off the hook with the ass chewing they get but instead they come here and cry about it.

"I tried to steal from a book and the mean manager yelled at me" "I can't win at gambling unless I cheat and steal, its not fair"
    I think the posts regarding the idea that they didn't refund the bets on the other side speaks volumes about operations such as this.

lunchbawks
    NB#

you're not stealing from a book if you play their lines, are you?

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I am amazed at how many people will put up with the "shakedown" that Tony told OP...basically Tony said, agree with me or no more reduced juice....I would play elsewhere...and I do.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    I think the posts regarding the idea that they didn't refund the bets on the other side speaks volumes about operations such as this.
    Nobody said they did not refund the bets that were made on the other side!! Tomato questioned whether they refunded bets on the other side and a few posters responded that it would be wrong if they didn't (which I completely agree) but nobody stated that their bet was not cancelled on the other end and we have no way of knowing the answer to that.

The OP even admitted that he knew he bet a bad line and thought it was funny that Tony was so mad that he made a mistake, obviously Tony was not mad that he made a mistake he was mad that the player attempted to steal from him. The player had an EV of 18% over what the true line was so if he hit the max wager than theoretically he was stealing $90 from 5dimes. I am sure that anyone would be angry that someone tried to steal $90 from them.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    I am amazed at how many people will put up with the "shakedown" that Tony told OP...basically Tony said, agree with me or no more reduced juice....I would play elsewhere...and I do.
    It is clearly stated in their rules that reduced juice is a privilege and that it can be taken away at anytime for any reason.

Salamander
    Salamander's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never had a conversation with Tony. In fact, I can't remember ever having a conversation with someone actually named Tony. It's just not as common a name as it used to be, I guess. I've spoken with plenty of Andys and Mikes and Bills and Johns in my day. If I call Tony at 5Dimes up, he will be my first.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    RJ is decent betting option.

i don't like Tony's cowboy attitude, but it is understandable. he assumes the player knew the line was wrong and took a shot, and this assumption is right more often than wrong.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

did the other side get refunded? I think another poster asked this as well and I agree with their conclusion...

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I would rather have a person like tony than customer service departments just say we are sorry for the inconvience and never really do anything.

First 123 Last