saratoga1927
    saratoga1927's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Does Ainge Want Jeff Green ?

I know Ainge is a savvy basketball mind but I don't understand how this makes them a better team to deal with the Laker BIGS and or Dwight Howard.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

It doesn't...so he's obviously not worried too much about either of those teams. What it does do is help them match up better against teams like Miami, Chicago and New York etc. who rely on everything from the wings/guards...Perkins is almost useless against teams like that whilst Green isn't. I'm not saying it was a great trade for Boston but it isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Green is a guy that can help Pierce guard Lebron.

Add the fact that Perkins has limited shelf life left and probably wasn't going to resign and you can see why they made the trade.

saratoga1927
    saratoga1927's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    It doesn't...so he's obviously not worried too much about either of those teams. What it does do is help them match up better against teams like Miami, Chicago and New York etc. who rely on everything from the wings/guards...Perkins is almost useless against teams like that whilst Green isn't. I'm not saying it was a great trade for Boston but it isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Green is a guy that can help Pierce guard Lebron.

Add the fact that Perkins has limited shelf life left and probably wasn't going to resign and you can see why they made the trade.
    I don't agree with this making them better able to deal with Miami who has no real inside game to deal with Perkins and as far as the Bulls; who will deal with Noah? Celts have no real inside strength other than an undersized Glenn Davis and a couple of has beens who are injury prone to say the least. The Celtics drafted Green to make a deal for Ray Allen so they obviously see something here but I can't see him helping them as much as Perkins would have. Perkins is a tough, hard nosed player defensive guy, which is much more the type of guy you need to win in the playoffs. Green will have limited minutes in the playoffs if he is going to be a backup to Pierce.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Perkins has tons of injury concerns..the last few games I see him huffing and puffing up and down the court.

I guess only time will tell how it pans out but I do agree it hurt their chances THIS year. Pierce has posted horrible numbers against Miami chasing Lebron so this trade will help them against Miami who they probably view as their biggest threat this year.

vikings
    vikings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Perkins always huffs and puffs down the court but gets the job done, this trade sucks. Perkins was the big body they needed to bang Howard and the rest of the skilled centers in the East come playoff time. Kristic is garbage and all Green did in OKC was take shots away from Durant and Westbrook. OKC is a huge winner in this trade, and my hometown Celts just bought themselves an early exit come playoff time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dwight Howard??

Orlando not even close to Boston's level

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17200

That could be true, that they just aren't worried about Orlando. When Dwight leaves that team is going to be irrelevant.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

There is a 1% chance that Howard goes to Boston. The Celtics are at their spending limit for the next two years and they still have to take care of Rondo. Howard is going team up with Deron Williams somewhere.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I keep hearing Dwight Howard this, Dwight howard that... Howard isn't a center who drops 30-40 on a nightly basis. some of you guys are acting like he is a 24 year old Shaq. The best thing about Howard is his defense

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16129

Boston might just put a package together and try to trade for Howard

raggman
    raggman's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe green's defense interest ainge...

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

i think they should just keep perkins