will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Reggie Miller or Dennis Rodman? Miller was snubbed by HOF

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/1...of-fame-ballot

How is this possible? I know that Rodman was on championship teams but he wasn't a leader or game changer. I would take Reggie Miller over Rodman any day of the week. Miller was better than Chris Mullin also. Miller was as the ultimate clutch player

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

agreed and on top of that, rodman never did anything in college. They will take championship players regardless as the old voters are biased. Some people think the bulls would of never won 3 of those championships without rodman

Miller never had much. Main reason they said miller not in is because he never got assists or rebounds and averaged under 20 points for many seasons and only shot 3s

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rodman was instrumental in every title

A definate game changer

Miller not even in the same league as this guy

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Rodman was one of the greatest defenders and greatest rebounders in the history of the league. To be number number 1 in the entire league in two of the most important aspects of the game, for a large part of your career, is definitely hall of fame caliber stuff.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miller was one of the best big game players their ever was..combine that with one of the great shooters the NBA has ever seen. He belongs in the hall

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Rodman might be top-15 all time player

Best rebounder and best defender of his era

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Rodman has 5 rings right Two with the Pistons and three with the Bulls. At the end that's all that matter, when it's being combined with him being one of the greatest re-bounders ever.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

rodman slept with half the judges so there's your answer

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

He will be in the hall. He is not a first ballot hall of famer

Tree Rollins

There has been a kind of revisionist history with Reggie Miller b/c of the publicity he got from his battles with the Knicks and Bulls. Especially those clutch shots he hit against New York. Career averages of 18 pts 3 assists and 3 rebounds don't really jump off the page.
    He only made 5 all-star teams in 18 seasons and never once made an all NBA first-team or second-team. So basically he was never considered one of the top 10 players in the league during his career, and in only 5 of 18 seasons was he even considered a top 12 player in his conference.
    He was very one-dimensional. His one dimension was great though, he could shoot like no other, but he was not a good defender, he was an average to below average rebounder, and average to below average passer.

I would like to see him in the hall one day because i like him. Though the guy should be far from a shoo-in.

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Rodman not a game changer? Really?

He was one of the best rebounders in the history of the game and a great defender. Plus he has titles. He definitely deserves the Hall of Fame honors.

Reggie will get in too, but he could have made it in faster if he would have dunked the ball Glad he didn't though - best play in NBA history right there!

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Miller was a nobody barely better than Kyle Korver

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

no doubt in my mind reggie miller was a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

People don't seem to appreciate what Miller did. Yes the "STATS" don't pop out but, he was what you call an entertainer. I'm not here to compare miller with rodman and blah blah, but there's nobody else in the league i would have in my corner then miller when a clutch 3 is needed, and he was never "Fancy" as he was a "PURE" shooter. But more importantly, Reggie Miller made Indiana. Remember when Indiana drafted reggie miller, they boo'd like there is no tomorrow. But Miller stepped up to be one of the most Clutch shooter and one of the best shooters out there and really put Indiana on the map during his days as a contending team. Then People of Indiana loved him

If you must compare, then ask yourself if Rodman could've done the same if he was in Indiana with a no name team.

Both are Hall of Fame Material, but I do feel Reggie should be in the HOF first ballot.

Just my point of view

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

both deserved Hall of Fame - Rodman should go first & Miller will be soon enough. Since Miller is a broadcaster now its raise his profile a bit but the end of the day who got the ring?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Miller should have been in over Mullen.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by tree rollins View Post
    rodman was one of the greatest defenders and greatest rebounders in the history of the league. To be number number 1 in the entire league in two of the most important aspects of the game, for a large part of your career, is definitely hall of fame caliber stuff.
    bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Rodman was a great player. It doesn't matter that he couldn't score worth a lick. The nba needs more players (not necessarily people) like Dennis.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Miller better than Rodman

this is a joke, right?

Mullin was better than Miller...

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

a lot of these guys don't know reggie miller

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    People don't seem to appreciate what Miller did. Yes the "STATS" don't pop out but, he was what you call an entertainer. I'm not here to compare miller with rodman and blah blah, but there's nobody else in the league i would have in my corner then miller when a clutch 3 is needed, and he was never "Fancy" as he was a "PURE" shooter. But more importantly, Reggie Miller made Indiana. Remember when Indiana drafted reggie miller, they boo'd like there is no tomorrow. But Miller stepped up to be one of the most Clutch shooter and one of the best shooters out there and really put Indiana on the map during his days as a contending team. Then People of Indiana loved him If you must compare, then ask yourself if Rodman could've done the same if he was in Indiana with a no name team. Both are Hall of Fame Material, but I do feel Reggie should be in the HOF first ballot. Just my point of view
    Yeah, there weren't many guys who you'd rather have for a clutch 3 then Miller. You could say the same thing about Robert Horry and Derek Fisher. Do they belong in the hall?

I'm not saying Reggie doesn't belong, but if you think he belongs solely he's clutch and hit 3's, i think that's a flawed argument.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

rodman was a mofo.. definite game changer.. with all those rebounds he deserves the hall..

Robust

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miller doesn't have a ring.

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact that Reggie was the all time leader in 3-pointers prior to them voting should of put him in first ballot. Nolan Ryan is the all time strikeout leader and he got in MLB's hall first ballot. How many prolific shooters are there in the league today???? Appreciate Reggie

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    The fact that Reggie was the all time leader in 3-pointers prior to them voting should of put him in first ballot. Nolan Ryan is the all time strikeout leader and he got in MLB's hall first ballot. How many prolific shooters are there in the league today???? Appreciate Reggie
    Not at all. If you're going to put that much weight on all-time 3-point shooting. Then Dale Ellis, Glen Rice, Dan Majerle, Peja etc. all deserve hall of fame consideration. That's a record that has been threatened by average players. Being the all-time leading three point shooter doesn't mean as much as you think.

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Not at all. If you're going to put that much weight on all-time 3-point shooting. Then Dale Ellis, Glen Rice, Dan Majerle, Peja etc. all deserve hall of fame consideration. That's a record that has been threatened by average players. Being the all-time leading three point shooter doesn't mean as much as you think.

especially when you consider there wasn't a three point line for years. The whole "All Time" thing as a reason to get into the hall loses clout.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Miller was better than Chris Mullin also.
    You do realize Zam is going to find you and hold you down while giving your nuts the Chinese water torture for making this statement, right?

beach nut
    beach nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Rodman definitely deserved to be voted in. Reggie Miller will probably get in eventually.

Monitor-Tan

Yeah, there weren't many guys who you'd rather have for a clutch 3 then Miller. You could say the same thing about Robert Horry and Derek Fisher. Do they belong in the hall?

I'm not saying Reggie doesn't belong, but if you think he belongs solely he's clutch and hit 3's, i think that's a flawed argument.

What team were they in, and what team was miller in? Hm.. Seems to me, Miller's space to shoot is much smaller then Horry or Fisher

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Eating Bookies View Post
    Miller doesn't have a ring.

Marino doesn't have one either and neither did ewing

Monitor-Tan

Should darko Milicic go inot the hall of fame since he has a ring?

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Please. Reggie has like 800 more 3s than any of those players.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Should darko Milicic go inot the hall of fame since he has a ring?
    If you consider him being one of the biggest bust ever in the NBA as a great career accomplishment, then by no means add him

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    Please. Reggie has like 800 more 3s than any of those players.
    Lol. You don't get it.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

rodman couldnt even make a bucket. Chris the bird andersen is almost as good, just doesn't have same fake attitute or herpes.

Rodman played with better teams. Rodman couldn't shoot

12 Last