C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Think Michelle Obama will raise money for the New Zealand Quake?

Earlier today there was a big nasty quake in New Zealand. Do you think Michelle Obama and the Hollywood Liberals will hold a big 3 day telethon like they did for Haiti? Think Sean Penn will go down there for 6 months for the relief efforts?

I'll bet they'll give it about as much thought as they did for the quake in Chile, keep in mind the quake in Chile was much bigger than the quake in Haiti, I want to say 70 times stronger than Haiti, but the hollywood Liberals don't care about the destruction in Chile. Just like they won't care much about the quake in New Zealand.

First of all you can't REBUILD Haiti because it was never built up in the first place. The place is a run down shanty town with 80% unemployment and starvation. Sort of hard to have a vibrant country when nobody works.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1, and Extra Innings

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Good post

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I have no idea what the Obamas will do for NZ, but search and resque teams from the USA have already been sent, at least thats what the news is reporting.

later

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Black people don't care about white people.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    I have no idea what the Obamas will do for NZ, but search and resque teams from the USA have already been sent, at least thats what the news is reporting.

later
    So if you were a gambling man, would you bet that the Obamas and Hollywood will care

A) MORE
    B) THE SAME
    C) OR LESS

About New Zealand? Keep in mind the US always sends rescue crews anywhere when there's a major disaster, this is nothing "special" or out of the ordinary. They'd do that no matter what. But do you think there will be a 3 day telethon? Will Michele Obama ask for donations for the relief effort in New Zealand? Will there be dirty, bruised, homeless children commercials asking for money? Will Sean Penn go down there? You know the answer.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

I'm right there with you on calling the Hollywood liberals out on their double-standard bullshit, but to be fair- the earthquake in Haiti killed over 300,000 people. The fatalities in Chile and New Zealand combined were a small fraction of that, despite their magnitude.

Another double standard is that the rest of the world always goes on about how greedy and selfish America is right up until a major disaster hits somewhere in the world and everyone immediately looks at the US for help. We're always first on the list of most government aid given and yet somehow also the first to be criticized for not doing enough.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Earlier today there was a big nasty quake in New Zealand. Do you think Michelle Obama and the Hollywood Liberals will hold a big 3 day telethon like they did for Haiti? Think Sean Penn will go down there for 6 months for the relief efforts?

I'll bet they'll give it about as much thought as they did for the quake in Chile, keep in mind the quake in Chile was much bigger than the quake in Haiti, I want to say 70 times stronger than Haiti, but the hollywood Liberals don't care about the destruction in Chile. Just like they won't care much about the quake in New Zealand.

First of all you can't REBUILD Haiti because it was never built up in the first place. The place is a run down shanty town with 80% unemployment and starvation. Sort of hard to have a vibrant country when nobody works.

you ****** up your post pal
    focus on michelle obama
    who gives a **** about hollywood or sean penn?

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    I'm right there with you on calling the Hollywood liberals out on their double-standard bullshit, but to be fair- the earthquake in Haiti killed over 300,000 people. The fatalities in Chile and New Zealand combined were a small fraction of that, despite their magnitude.

Another double standard is that the rest of the world always goes on about how greedy and selfish America is right up until a major disaster hits somewhere in the world and everyone immediately looks at the US for help. We're always first on the list of most government aid given and yet somehow also the first to be criticized for not doing enough.
    How come a smaller quake killed so many Haitians?
    How come a quake 70 times larger didn't kill so many Chileans?
    Did the US get more ROI "rebuilding" Germany & Japan or Africa?

How many Billions of dollars has Bono, the US, and the Rest of the world sent to Africa? Bill Gates and Warren Buffet alone are sending about 100 billion dollars? How much have they progressed in the last 30 years? Just today they shot an American doctor and killed 3 other people.

What if instead of spending 300 Billion dollars down the money pit of Sudan, Zimbabwau, Kenya, Somalia, we build up Western China, Vietnam, Poland, and India?

What if we spent 300 billion dollars building up ourselves? What if we wanted to make the good great or the best better?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by c-gold View Post

so if you were a gambling man, would you bet that the obamas and hollywood will care

a) more
    b) the same
    c) or less
    d) ribs

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    d) ribs
    i say chicken, who wouldnt care about chicken

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

the only thing that should be sent to haiti / africa is container loads of CONDOMS

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    the only thing that should be sent to haiti / africa is container loads of CONDOMS
    dont forget the KY his/her

C-Gold

Inject 1 Chimpanzee with the HIV virus
    African Version of JJGold gets horny and ***** a monkey and gets aids
    African Version of JJGold gets horny and ***** a prostitute
    Prostitute ***** 100 dirty guys
    100 dirty guys **** 1,000 sluts
    1,000 sluts **** 10,000 guys
    10,000 guys **** 100,000 more sluts

Pretty soon 33% of your continent has Aids

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Did the US get more ROI "rebuilding" Germany & Japan or Africa?

How many Billions of dollars has Bono, the US, and the Rest of the world sent to Africa? Bill Gates and Warren Buffet alone are sending about 100 billion dollars? How much have they progressed in the last 30 years? Just today they shot an American doctor and killed 3 other people.

What if instead of spending 300 Billion dollars down the money pit of Sudan, Zimbabwau, Kenya, Somalia, we build up Western China, Vietnam, Poland, and India?

What if we spent 300 billion dollars building up ourselves? What if we wanted to make the good great or the best better?
    Because it all depends on where exactly the quake hits, what the epicenter is. The fact is that the Haiti earthquake was clearly the most destructive of these.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Because it all depends on where exactly the quake hits, what the epicenter is. The fact is that the Haiti earthquake was clearly the most destructive of these.

Really? Is that it? So a quake 70 times stronger... SEVENTY TIMES STRONGER did far less damage because of the epicenter? It didn't have anything to do with stronger Chilean buildings and Haitian shanty towns?

You know the Island of Japan gets quite a bunch of quakes, but they build their cities to withstand such tremors and have routine drills so people won't act like a bunch of Haitians with their heads cut off when disaster strikes. It's called planning. Chile is near a fault like and they planned and built for it. Japan is near a fault line and they built for it and train for it. Haiti is in a danger zone and 80% of the people in their country don't even work. Ever heard of Haitian engineering? Ever used Haitian copper or driven a Haitian car?

That's why a quake 70 times smaller could kill tens of thousands of people.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Just today they shot an American doctor and killed 3 other people.
    Your thought process is so fukked up I almost feel bad for you.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    I don't feel bad for you. You don't know what your talking about so I just don't care. You can't argue with the points so you just cry about it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Really? Is that it? So a quake 70 times stronger... SEVENTY TIMES STRONGER did far less damage because of the epicenter? It didn't have anything to do with stronger Chilean buildings and Haitian shanty towns?

You know the Island of Japan gets quite a bunch of quakes, but they build their cities to withstand such tremors and have routine drills so people won't act like a bunch of Haitians with their heads cut off when disaster strikes. It's called planning. Chile is near a fault like and they planned and built for it. Japan is near a fault line and they built for it and train for it. Haiti is in a danger zone and 80% of the people in their country don't even work. Ever heard of Haitian engineering? Ever used Haitian copper or driven a Haitian car?

That's why a quake 70 times smaller could kill tens of thousands of people.
    All the more reason they are more in need of AID than others.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    All the more reason they are more in need of AID than others.
    No, you let darwinism take it's course.

Even in our country's depression you still have 90% of people working. Haiti has 20% of people working while they stick their hand out for foreign aid.

I'd rather build up a country that works than a country that doesn't. I'd rather help people that help themselves, or help an average country become great, or help our own selves out than help people who sit on the pot and beg for help. They do nothing to help themselves and expect freebies. Work to live.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

awesome post. What they will say is , is that new zealand and chile already have alot of money and don't need our help

icancount2one

I don't feel bad for you. You don't know what your talking about so I just don't care. You can't argue with the points so you just cry about it.
    The fact is that some people choose to spend their money and use their influence to help alleviate the deepest human suffering on the planet. Apparently you can't understand that, and can't feel a bond with people who don't look or act like you. I hope someday you'll give up your hate.

All you talk radio heads who babble on about taxes and how the gov't shoudn't decide what to do with your money don't seem to have any problem telling other people who've earned their money and power what to do with it and determining what charitable causes are "worthwhile".

icancount2one

No, you let darwinism take it's course.

Even in our country's depression you still have 90% of people working. Haiti has 20% of people working while they stick their hand out for foreign aid.

I'd rather build up a country that works than a country that doesn't. I'd rather help people that help themselves, or help an average country become great, or help our own selves out than help people who sit on the pot and beg for help. They do nothing to help themselves and expect freebies. Work to live.
    This is also an interesting post for someone who can't pony up the $200 to go pro. I find the most virulent racists are often broke and unhappy, and need to find someone "worse" than them to point at.

C-Gold

The fact is that some people choose to spend their money and use their influence to help alleviate the deepest human suffering on the planet. Apparently you can't understand that, and can't feel a bond with people who don't look or act like you. I hope someday you'll give up your hate.

All you talk radio heads who babble on about taxes and how the gov't shoudn't decide what to do with your money don't seem to have any problem telling other people who've earned their money and power what to do with it and determining what charitable causes are "worthwhile".
    Sure are making a lot of assumptions out there against people you don't know. I see you continue to ignore the facts that...

America rebuilt Japan after WW2. We helped our enemies and were rewarded for our investment
    America financed the rebuilding of Germany after WW2, our enemies are our friends, we were rewarded
    America spent hundreds of billions on Africa, for what? They haven't advanced at all.

Maybe instead of investing into a black hole, we can invest in a poor country on the up and up like Thailand, Malaysia, or Vietnam. Then maybe in a decade or two they can look more like South Korea and then eventually Japan. Instead of sewing shirts and working in small factories, those people will advance on to white collar jobs and cure diseases in YOUR life time. There's hope for Thailand, there's no hope for Africa. It's been a disaster money pit for 3 decades.

The Vietnamese were once our enemies like Germany/Japan, and that country is on the up and up. I'd much rather invest in them.

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

This is also an interesting post for someone who can't pony up the $200 to go pro. I find the most virulent racists are often broke and unhappy, and need to find someone "worse" than them to point at.
    usually when losing an internet fight you start name calling. on sbr this asshat brings out a new even more pathetic tactic

congrats sir
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: C-Gold

C-Gold

You mean like Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, and all of the poor dopes that follow them and beg for other people's money? You might have a point. They are some pretty hateful losers that hate other races and want their stuff. Blame whitey because they are losers.

C-Gold

The fact is that some people choose to spend their money and use their influence to help alleviate the deepest human suffering on the planet. .
    And why are the suffering? You think maybe the 80% unemployment rate has anything to do with it?

Do you think Japan would be thriving if 20% of the people worked?
    Do you think the America would be a great place to live if 20% of the people worked?
    Do you think people would be starving in the UK of 80% didn't work?

You might say they are poor, but why? If they refuse to help themselves then why should we help them? Americans worked the most hours in the industrial world, so why should we work extra hours so they can sit on the pot?

C-Gold

Now I actually do feel bad for you. You jump into a conversation you know nothing about, start making assumptions and calling people names. That's actually the definition of ignorance. The sad thing is you don't even realize you are.

icancount2one

Yes, those 80% of Haitians should get off their lazy asses, hop on craigslist and get a job

I don't see what an earthquake in New Zealand has to do with Al Sharpton blaming whitey. You're totally insane.

And my issue with you not being pro isn't ad hominem. I don't see how somebody who cares enough about sports betting to rack up 2,319 posts in six months but can't manage his finances well enough to pony up $200 to reap a lot of benefits from posting can say about sound financial investing and global economics. That is, unless you're someone's racist ghost account.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like this C-Gold guy, C-Gold for SBR Mayor

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Because Haiti is a poor, screwed up culture where people live in closely-quartered rusty shacks. I didn't realize this was an issue anybody was debating.

Just because there's an obvious reason why so many more people died doesn't change the reality that many more people did indeed die. Explaining a fact doesn't make it go away. I'm not arguing for tax dollars to be used as aid to any other countries (I think all charity should be voluntary), I'm just pointing out the huge difference in fatalities between Haiti and Chile or New England.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

the christian mercenaries, I mean missionaries wont allow it. Not shooting your load in a bitch pisses Jesus off.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

well, i dont know what the first lady or sean penn will do, but the reason Haiti was such a big deal is because it was in our backyard. It would be the same for any carribbean island or country.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Bunch of fking idiots on this site....know nothing about the world yet they have an opinion...

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    well, i dont know what the first lady or sean penn will do, but the reason Haiti was such a big deal is because it was in our backyard. It would be the same for any carribbean island or country.
    No room in here for crazy reasonable thinking dude.

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

just let c-gold alone ok imo he makes alot of good points and sometimes some not so good points but it his opinion and whether or not he is an spr pro means nothing because believe you me he can fork up alot of money if he chose too . c- gold is a goodguy imo