big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

UNREAL - Illinois state representative jumps out window to delay vote on bill

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=9803297

Now it just so happened that Illinois was in deep financial trouble in 1840. Its bank had given out more paper money than it had gold and silver in reserve. That's when the Democrats saw their chance to destroy the despised institution. They agreed to allow it to suspend its obligation to exchange its paper money for specie, but only for the remainder of the legislative session.

That's when Lincoln determined to keep the legislature in session in order to buy precious time for the bank to find a way to survive, and that's how he jumped into the national limelight on December 5, 1840. On that date, the Democrats proposed an early adjournment, knowing this would bring a speedy end to the State Bank. The Whigs tried to counter by leaving the capitol building before the vote, but the doors were locked. That's when Lincoln made his move. He headed for the second story, opened a window and jumped to the ground!
    Unreal

Who is this guy???????????

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I am not even American and know that story.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pretty similar to what's goin on in Wisconsin right now

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=9803297

Unreal

Who is this guy???????????
    Abraham Lincoln was a good old man. He hopped out the window with his dick in hand. he said, "Excuse me ladies, just doing my duty so why not pull down your pants and give me some booty.

gofer5
    gofer5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honest Abe Lincoln.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    I am not even American and know that story.
    congratufuckalations, what do you want a ******* cookie
    just kidding. I AM American and have never heard this story. And history is one of my favorite subjects.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure what is more shocking???......that you are reporting 170 year old news or that a man hang dropping 6 feet was actually shocking news in the first place

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Abraham Lincoln was a good ole man, lost about 12 elections before winning.....won, had a crazy wife and said "give me some booty." a crazy actor thought he said "get me john wilkes booth"

the rest is in some books somewhere or a museum tour