kirbypuckett
    kirbypuckett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

NBA Superteams is not good for NBA

While it is exciting to watch a handful of teams in the NBA, seeing these "superteams" form is bad for the league overall.

Why would anyone in 20+ nba cities want to go to more than 3-4 games a year, when you know your team has no shot at being a serious playoff contender?

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kirby, I have an autograph ball and jersey from you! wait aren't you suppose to be dead?

kirbypuckett
    kirbypuckett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Obama,

I have come back to exercise the demons that have haunted my minnesota twins. Been 20 years since we ruled the baseball world. Plus i love sports betting, except in baseball of course.

I will trade you an autographed "Game used" jersey for an autographed pack of "game used" obama cigarettes.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

name 1 "super team" other than miami

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Boston is a superteam. Miami is a superteam. That's it.

This is the only way that the NBA will remain viable. Superteams are good in my opinion.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

People still watch the NBA?

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Boston is not a superteam...they have had that team for more than 3 years now, thats a veteran team

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

So tell me why anybody would go watch
    The Cavaliers
    The Wizards
    The Nets
    and about 20 other NBA teams?

Because they might sign some free agents and be good in 3 years? The NBA should seriously consider contracting teams. They wanted the tax payers to build a stadium for the Super Sonics, do you think those people gave a shit about the Sonics and an NBA team? You want to pay to build a rich owner a stadium and then pay big $$$ for tickets to sit in that stadium? F That. The NBA has penetrated too many markets and there are too many teams for the current fan base. Nobody I know gives a shat about the NBA.

Contract the bottom 5 teams and improve the game.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Why did anyone go to Cavs games when Jordan was in the league? To watch Jordan.

Why do people watch the Washington Generals? To watch the Globetrotters.

I do agree with eliminating some US teams. Cleveland, Minnesota, OKC, etc. None of those cities are worthy of NBA teams.

Have 15 US teams and 10 Euro teams.

ssk13809
    ssk13809's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

In the 80s there were SuperTeams. Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, and then in the 90's Jordan's Bulls. Guess what, those days were considered the NBA's "Golden Era". Superteams are clearly good for the NBA. The worst years for the NBA in fact came from 05-07, when the league was most balanced.

Vinneren
    Vinneren's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cavaliers have one of the top home attendances avg. 20,343 people so people will still go out and watch.

Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, Heat have all had super teams now and the NBA's ratings were and are going through the roof.

Future: Knicks, Thunder, Bulls..

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

DENVER got a GREAT deal from the Knicks. Felton, Gallinari and Chandler are solid rotation players if not starter material. They now have youth and cap space to rebuild. Nuggs couldnt ask for much more.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

They need to consider contraction. Just too many teams filled with scrub players.

C-Gold

You know, having a Euro division might not be a bad idea and David Stern is very forward thinking and global minded.

Eliminate
    Cleveland
    Detroit
    Oklahomo city
    New Orleans
    Golden State
    Salt Lake City

You could add teams for a euro division
    London could easily support a team and they have money
    Paris
    Amsterdam
    A german team, Berlin, Frankfort or Munich

Screw Portland, Amsterdam could be the real Blazers!

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post

where do the generals play their home games? I feel bad for their fans

yes a 60/40 split of usa and nba teams......

the players will love the travel!!!! the US will get 40% of the tax profits and other profits

the usa team owners will love have home games against minsk, numburg, strasburg, Hanover, Bologna, Roma ect.

surely these euro's will support 40% of this league........

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post

where do the generals play their home games? I feel bad for their fans

yes a 60/40 split of usa and nba teams......

the players will love the travel!!!! the US will get 40% of the tax profits and other profits

the usa team owners will love have home games against minsk, numburg, strasburg, Hanover, Bologna, Roma ect.

surely these euro's will support 40% of this league........
    If you were a 25 year old millionaire, where would you rather play? Paris or Cleveland?

No free agent will ever sign with Cleveland or Minnesota or New Orleans

Rich people don't want to live in boring cities

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I have a news-flash for you...this is NOT a new development.

the NBA has been like this for YEARS. Boston and the Lakers have half of ALL the NBA championships.

You see "surprise" teams win all the time in the NFL (the Saints two years ago) and MLB (the Giants this past year). You pretty much NEVER see a "surprise" team win in the NBA. Just doesn't happen. And this, as stated earlier, is not a new development.

Doc

Chandler

murderers row ruined it for MLB

wooden, walton, and alcinder and co ruined it for ncaab

mario, Jaromir, Coffey, Stevens ect ruined it for NHL just like Wayne and Messier, coffey, Kuri ect ruined it

just like montana and jerry rice ruined it.

ect ect ect

pro sports lives for fair weather tagalong band wagon fans.....

these are the guys that buy new team jackets every 2-3 years.

regardless, we'll all tune in

Chandler

in 4 years cleveland or denver will be drafting some kid that is 14 or 15 now.... that is the NEW NEXT GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME

That just got done playing 1 year for john calipari at furman university

C-Gold

If you were a 25 year old millionaire, where would you rather play? Paris or Cleveland?

No free agent will ever sign with Cleveland or Minnesota or New Orleans

Rich people don't want to live in boring cities

ADD Salt Lake city, Golden State, Detroit and others to your list. Who the heck would want to live in Detroit. Really? You make 5 million dollars per year and want to live in Detroit? Contract that team please.

Let's face it, most of the NBA players are hood rats, you think they want to live in Salt Lake city? They'd much rather play for a team in Vegas and make it rain on the strip.

You are a 27 year old multi-millionaire, would you rather play in
    New York
    Chicago
    LA
    South Beach Miani
    Vegas
    London
    Paris

or Salt Lake city, Detroit, Cleveland ( the mistake by the lake), Charlotte, Golden State, Sacramento etc.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i think the 80s were the heyday for nba when the lakers (5 titles & 8 finals) and celtics (3 titles & 5 finals) dominated the decade.

i also think 90s were boring because it was basically the bulls and everyone else.

so i am in favor of super teams. afterall, wouldnt you rather see lakers - heat final than houston - atlanta?

clip1
    clip1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland should be moved to Paris, let them be Paris Cavaliers

C-Gold

Move Portland to Amsterdam: Amsterdam Blazers
    Move Sacramento to London: London Kings
    Move Cleveland to Paris: Paris Cavaliers
    Move Detroit to Germany & change name: Berlin 39ers

Problem solved.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinneren View Post
    Cavaliers have one of the top home attendances avg. 20,343 people so people will still go out and watch.

Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, Heat have all had super teams now and the NBA's ratings were and are going through the roof.

Future: Knicks, Thunder, Bulls..
    the Cavs attendance, while impressive, is a mirage.

Most of those seats were sold last year before Lebrons decision... The owner made people re-up early if they wanted to keep their seats.. In addition to that, there has been sort of a **** Lebron, we will show him mentality among the fans here... that wont last through another season like this.

Next years attendance will be a much better indicator.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why did anyone go to Cavs games when Jordan was in the league? To watch Jordan.

I do agree with eliminating some US teams. Cleveland, Minnesota, OKC, etc. None of those cities are worthy of NBA teams.

Either you are very young, or just a horrible memory.

Cleveland had one of the best teams in the league during the late 80's early 90's.. thats why people went to those games at the old coliseum.. If you watch those espn specials, you will hear Jordan admit Cleveland had a better team than Chicago... they just didn't have Jordan

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

What is an NBA superteam? Certainly not a team with multiple great players because I can name teams from every decade with them. And btw, this is the NBA! Not NFL or MLB.. What I mean by that is, there are only a handful of teams who are predicted to win, and the playoff system is designed for those teams (usually the best) to win. You will rarely see a mediocre team get hot in the NBA and suddenly win the Championship, like in the NFL and MLB. That's just how the NBA works...

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Kirby did smoking pot help your glaucoma?

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

The NBA needs to implement a franchise tag like the NFL...

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

this tool belongs in a concentration camp

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dominant teams have always been good for sports

Actually brings more attention to it

GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    You know, having a Euro division might not be a bad idea and David Stern is very forward thinking and global minded.

Eliminate
    Cleveland
    Detroit
    Oklahomo city
    New Orleans
    Golden State
    Salt Lake City

You could add teams for a euro division
    London could easily support a team and they have money
    Paris
    Amsterdam
    A german team, Berlin, Frankfort or Munich

Screw Portland, Amsterdam could be the real Blazers!

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Couldn't agree more. That's why this league a freaking joke. Same teams in the finals every year. The Detroit Piston was the only NBA to win a NBA finals without a superstar since Houston. Houston had Olaujawon, but he was nothing like like Shaq or Tim Duncan their prime. Rather a great complimentary piece to his team.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    ADD Salt Lake city, Golden State, Detroit and others to your list. Who the heck would want to live in Detroit. Really? You make 5 million dollars per year and want to live in Detroit? Contract that team please. Let's face it, most of the NBA players are hood rats, you think they want to live in Salt Lake city? They'd much rather play for a team in Vegas and make it rain on the strip. You are a 27 year old multi-millionaire, would you rather play in New York Chicago LA South Beach Miani Vegas London Paris or Salt Lake city, Detroit, Cleveland ( the mistake by the lake), Charlotte, Golden State, Sacramento etc.
    Everybody at any age will have areas they would rather live in but if your giving someone 25-27 1 million + they will make do. They want to make that money and they want it to keep coming.

I think it would go..

1. Money
    2. Team good enough to win a championship
    3. Location

Doesn't Ochocinco live in Florida in the off season? I'm pretty sure he has a house or rents one during the season and lives home in Florida off season. Why does this matter? Because anyone can do that. They can have a condo or houses where the team is located and have the mansion were ever they live. They travel a lot during the season so it won't matter all that much.

To have no super teams, you have to have no superstars. Who wants to tune in to that.

Jordan was amazing. People wanted to see him play. What if we had a full league of Jordans? Wouldn't that be great? I don't think it would. If they are all just as good then what is so great about his talents? Everything he can do everyone else can do.

Even if your team isn't the team in the NBA you still hope that they can win against all odds. Thats why people still watch their team.

James