crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Why does SBR Players Talk always attracts the worst handicappers????

as if broke landers buring the forum for the past 6 months wasnt enough, every tom dick & harry crappers are finishing off the survivors.

WTF is going on?

where have all the good cappers gone?

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    as if broke landers buring the forum for the past 6 months wasnt enough, every tom dick & harry crappers are finishing off the survivors.

WTF is going on?

where have all the good cappers gone?

they were once here?

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

It attracts some pretty bad grammar too.

They're probly in the Think Tank.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

all the good cappers are in a place called the "SBR Sub Forums".

Someone provide me a fuking link to this place it sounds like heaven.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

this site is run over by 16-20 year olds who have no clue.

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Are there really still people who think they can "handicap" a game? Trust me, there is no stat, trend, or angle you have found that vegas is not already aware of when they set the line to begin with. All you are doing is flipping a coin. The "good handicapers" have just been lucky while the "bad handicappers" have just been getting unlucky. They will both even out in the long run. It is kind of a fun way to spend a life though, so if you enjoy it, more power to you.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

^

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by emoney View Post
    Are there really still people who think they can "handicap" a game? Trust me, there is no stat, trend, or angle you have found that vegas is not already aware of when they set the line to begin with. All you are doing is flipping a coin. The "good handicapers" have just been lucky while the "bad handicappers" have just been getting unlucky. They will both even out in the long run. It is kind of a fun way to spend a life though, so if you enjoy it, more power to you.
    someone should mention this to Billy Waters

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

So Brock going 2-23-1 his last 26 plays is just variance?

It's gotta be just as hard to go 2-23-1 as it would be 23-2-1

emoney

Yes, believe it or not, 26 plays is a very small sample size. If you were to take your and Brock's picks over the course of say 1000 plays, I would be willing to bet that it would be very close. I know you think that you are God's gift to sports betting, but you are just a coin flipper like everyone else.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Yes, believe it or not, 26 plays is a very small sample size. If you were to take your and Brock's picks over the course of say 1000 plays, I would be willing to bet that it would be very close. I know you think that you are God's gift to sports betting, but you are just a coin flipper like everyone else.
    I never claimed anything of the sort, but I do ok.

And anyone who thinks it's just a "coinflip" Is just a constant sore loser in this game, and should find another hobby/side income source.

emoney

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy betting on a game as much as anyone. But, I think it is cute that you guys look at a game and say, "I like team A because they have a really good defense," or " I think team B is going to win because their star player has really been playing well lately."
    Last edited by emoney; 02-22-11 at 12:57 AM.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

There are some here that actually watch games and have a feel for what's going on...

But they will all soon be gone because this place is too crowded, no platform for the top talent...

Pretty soon you're gonna have 170 guys preaching reverse line movement and home dogs...

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    this site is run over by 16-20 year olds who have no clue.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The college basketball sub forum has some of the most insightful folks you'd find in any forum on the internet.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

This is simply not true.
    You generally have to dig deep and use a combination of variables but 'angles' can be found.

Quite aside from that, books setting of the line is not aimed at being accurate, it is aimed at attracting balanced action as such your job as a modeler/handicapper is, first and foremost, to beat your fellow bettors.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Right now we have the worst group of young handicappers I have ever seen

Its a bunch of compulsive gamblers that cannot wait to get their next bet down and of course every game is a lock

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Its a bunch of compulsive gamblers that cannot wait to get their next bet down and of course every game is a lock
    I cannot comment on the first part but with one or two exceptions, this is certainly how it appears.
    No real analysis, no statistical angles, no line tracking or value calculation - just a bunch of hunches.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    The college basketball sub forum has some of the most insightful folks you'd find in any forum on the internet.
    this. A lot of the actual sports titled forums actually have some guys that know what the **** they are talking about. Go to the soccer forum right now. There are some decent write ups on the champions league games tomorrow. People that actually know and understand coaching tendencies, matchups and shit. Eaglesphan always gives nice little writeups on his tennis picks. They may not always be winners, but at least there are some intelligible and valid analysis reasoning for the pick. In player's talk, it's basically "lock of the century, go big on team X, no way they lose this game, they've won 2 straight games and I just know this team and they will not lose"

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i have been posting a bunch of winners here to partially offset the rest of the losing picks by these guys that think they have a clue.
    you're right, there are some awfully bad picks being posted in players talk.

but if your bets are a coin flip you're either betting too many games or don't have the same intuition as some of us.

it might sound dumb, but the best thing i ever did was listen to "learn esp" tapes - they got me to really focus on probabilities of things that were going to happen in the future.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Milwaukee Mike only posts about how awesome he is and that he only posts winners. Never seen a post from him that doesn't talk about how awesome he is doing.

Congrats mike.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

If you want to find a capper even worth looking at, PT is not the place.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    If you want to find a capper even worth looking at, PT is not the place.
    this, also if someone isn't keeping a record(like myself) there's a reason why..

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    I think Milwaukee Mike only posts about how awesome he is and that he only posts winners. Never seen a post from him that doesn't talk about how awesome he is doing.

Congrats mike.
    speaking of which, have you seen how awesome i am doing?
    had an easy winner with ok st/kansas OVER last night

power of positive thinking, if you keep telling yourself and others that you're on a roll good things may continue to happen.
    and since you're a wrestling fan, one of my favorite wrestlers IS the miz so maybe i get carried away but here goes
    I'M MILWAUKEE MIKE AND I'M AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Runnin on mobile so the picture is small but wow JJ, did you grow your hair out???

GettingScrilla
    Warriors on the Under
    GettingScrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

I blame all of the poor handicapping and shitty loses on the lines...it, is, all, their fault!

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10527

Not real happy about the shit you pulled with Brock coach.It wasn't broke but you just had to try to fix it.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    speaking of which, have you seen how awesome i am doing? had an easy winner with ok st/kansas OVER last night power of positive thinking, if you keep telling yourself and others that you're on a roll good things may continue to happen. and since you're a wrestling fan, one of my favorite wrestlers IS the miz so maybe i get carried away but here goes I'M MILWAUKEE MIKE AND I'M AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well that is some solid thinking. Positive things happen to positive people.

I'm not a wrestling fan, and have no idea who the miz is, sorry.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's pretty simple. The Egos all reside in PT. People who grind and actually win usually keep their picks in the sub forums in daily threads, etc. and don't whore themselves out for praise or leave themselves open to ridicule.

milwaukee mike

subforums are for nerds
    all the cool kids hang out here in pt

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Most of the PT "handicappers" are planted. Tail at your own risk.

obamaismyuncle

no record = no tailing

cliffcoast
    cliffcoast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    This is simply not true.
    You generally have to dig deep and use a combination of variables but 'angles' can be found.

Quite aside from that, books setting of the line is not aimed at being accurate, it is aimed at attracting balanced action as such your job as a modeler/handicapper is, first and foremost, to beat your fellow bettors.
    i like your response and agree with it. i'm a siccessful landlord, builder, but honestly, the math involved in so simple. like accounting 101 simple, common sense and responsible money management.

Can you reccomend a course, book, etc for a newbie that is willing to learn sports betting math?

Thanks,

Cliff

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by cliffcoast View Post
    i like your response and agree with it. i'm a siccessful landlord, builder, but honestly, the math involved in so simple. like accounting 101 simple, common sense and responsible money management.

Can you reccomend a course, book, etc for a newbie that is willing to learn sports betting math?

Thanks,

Cliff
    Ghost Alert

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of chest stompers here
    Most guys hit around 40-45%
    sub forums have better cappers

12 Last