dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Good Investment Opportunity (Nets tickets)

Nets tickets on stubhub are basically free for the majority of the games.

Might as well buy some, could make some easy profit in Melo signs.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is not signing with Nets
    Secondly you will not make much even if he signs unless your seats are pretty good

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

They literally have tickets on there right now for $2......upper level, but still holy crap!!!!

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Mello or not nobody wants some shitty ass nets tickets

I'd rather spend money to watch Blake griffin and the clips

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is not signing with Nets
    Secondly you will not make much even if he signs unless your seats are pretty good
    Plus you got to factor in stubhub's "handling fee" and delivery fee on top of the list prices, then also their commission when you resell them. They would need to go up significantly to make it worth the time and effort.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

They should be paying you to go and see those jakes play. Bunch of no talent ass clowns collecting checks

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Well now,..OP has a point here,. I did this a couple seasons back with a local MLB team and made a little money..
    Bought over 100 tickets,..various games,.all grouped together because they were all from one season ticket holder..
    I paid just over $500 for the tickets.. Roughly translated to $5 bucks a ticket.. Well,..as the season progressed the team picked up
    a couple players and brought up some players from the minors..and made it one HELL of a season!!
    I ended up going to several games for free..brought some buddies...great times...Sold about 70-75 tickets for at least $10 a ticket and made a nice little profit,.. Not to mention I was going to A LOT of games,..bringing my buddies,..ALL FOR FREE!!
    Doesn't always work out,..but it can! Never knock a hustle..
    Last edited by nikossf; 02-21-11 at 06:05 PM. Reason: my math is all screwed up today..

dfberger23

If I got 2 tickets in the 100s for the Clippers game on the 11th that are in a good row for $20 or less then I could definitely make a decent profit. Handling charge is small if you find a downloadable ticket and if Melo doesn't sign then me and a friend get to see Blake Griffin.

Say I get the tickets for $15 each, fee is $10, so thats $40. Stubhub takes 15% of what you sell the ticket for so it if the tickets went up to say $50 a pop then you double your money.

Quote Originally Posted by nikossf View Post
    Well now,..OP has a point here,. I did this a couple seasons back with a local MLB team and made a little money..
    Bought over 100 tickets,..various games,.all grouped together because they were all from one season ticket holder..
    I paid just over $500 for the tickets.. Roughly translated to $5 bucks a ticket.. Well,..as the season progressed the team picked up
    a couple players and brought up some players from the minors..and made it one HELL of a season!!
    I ended up going to several games for free..brought some buddies...great times...Sold about 400 tickets for at least $10 a ticket and made a nice little profit,.. Not to mention I was going to A LOT of games,..bringing my buddies,..ALL FOR FREE!!
    Doesn't always work out,..but it can! Never knock a hustle..

jashtonrich
    im back
    jashtonrich's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4929

or you'll be stuck with new jersey net tickets for the rest of the season

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

DFBerger where do you live?

dfberger23

The Bronx.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

jj what happened to that ticket dispenser printer i sold you? you got midcourt seats free for like 3 seasons

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7560

I have been to many nets games

bought and sold tix on the street and thru agencies

nobody EVER spends a decent $ to see the nets for any game

there hasnt been any demand for tix and there will not be any

attendance is low and will not rise

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    They literally have tickets on there right now for $2......upper level, but still holy crap!!!!
    Their "2 dollar" tickets are a complete scam. They charge like 15 dollars in fees to buy them. How its legal to charge 15 dollars in fees to receive a 2 dollar ticket by email I'll never know but thats the country we live in

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

Melo stays in denver for the rest of the year.the tickets are worthless