oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

what the hell is he thinking

the dave duerson saga contiues,before he took his own life,he text a relative and said he wanted his brain donated so they can check about concussions in his career,but maybe he should have it checked to see why,he would not only take his owm life but ruin the lives of his daughters,future wife and relatives that he didnt think about before he did this.now all these people are trying to figure out if there is something they could of done to prevent it and wanting to know why,he played for a great coach like mike ditka ,and he would never left a quitter play for his team,but as it looks now,duerson is a quitter cause he gave up on everything good in his life especially his family

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

In all seriousness, if it was a major concussion problem, he might not have been thinking totally straight. I've heard the stories of some of these guys who had brains compared to extremely elderly men from all the abuse they took over the years. Chris Benoit in WWE was a recent example.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    In all seriousness, if it was a major concussion problem, he might not have been thinking totally straight. I've heard the stories of some of these guys who had brains compared to extremely elderly men from all the abuse they took over the years. Chris Benoit in WWE was a recent example.
    but heres a guy whose about to take his own life and hes worried about how many concussions he had,,,great player ,stupid as shit person

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

consider him like an alzheimer's patient, he knew his brian was cooked and he didnt want to live that way, good for him. I think it took courage to care about future players not ending up brain scrambled like himself, selfless even at his worst moment.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

if i take my life i would do what i can to ensure my family would benefit in some way

maybe i could somehow put my suicide on some one or maybe even a website

36mafia

remember that e-bullying shit all over the news

bet that family made some $$$

36mafia

i crack myself up sometimes. goodshit

too da loo fuckfaces

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln73 View Post
    consider him like an alzheimer's patient, he knew his brian was cooked and he didnt want to live that way, good for him. I think it took courage to care about future players not ending up brain scrambled like himself, selfless even at his worst moment.
    any man that takes his own life ,no matter what,is totally selfless and doesnt consider how many lives hes about to destroy

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    any man that takes his own life ,no matter what,is totally selfless and doesnt consider how many lives hes about to destroy
    Selfless? I am sure you mean selfish.

I obviously don't agree with suicide, and see it as a copout that tortures those who love you......but the guy obviously had some mental health issues that played into this. I don't think its so cut and dry to just call the guy stupid.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Selfless? I am sure you mean selfish.

I obviously don't agree with suicide, and see it as a copout that tortures those who love you......but the guy obviously had some mental health issues that played into this. I don't think its so cut and dry to just call the guy stupid.
    just my opinion but to me ,any man who would take there own lives because of whatever reason it is ,is totally selfish.because not only are that taking there lives but destroying all the other friends,relatives who thought maybe there was something they could have done to prevent it...no matter how people bring this tradgey to the table,,,he is selfish and nothing anybody could say to make me think any thing but that

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    just my opinion but to me ,any man who would take there own lives because of whatever reason it is ,is totally selfish.because not only are that taking there lives but destroying all the other friends,relatives who thought maybe there was something they could have done to prevent it...no matter how people bring this tradgey to the table,,,he is selfish and nothing anybody could say to make me think any thing but that
    I'm not trying to change your opinion Boss. I am just looking at it differently I guess. I assume he loved his family very much and it wasnt his intentions to hurt them. Sometimes the brain just doesnt work the way it should.

Yes, his actions were selfish. I just don't think being selfish was his goal or intentions.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I'm not trying to change your opinion Boss. I am just looking at it differently I guess. I assume he loved his family very much and it wasnt his intentions to hurt them. Sometimes the brain just doesnt work the way it should.

Yes, his actions were selfish. I just don't think being selfish was his goal or intentions.
    and i bet deep inside ,coach ditka is so dosappointed in him that he would take his own life instead of working it out,he seemed like he wanted to cry when he heard about it,,,,,,